What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge discussion

Coshie

Juniors
Hi , unforutnatly i am not going to be in the uk for this.However a friend of mine will be there with her husband ,father-in -law and brother in law..(she is a leeds rhino fan), i bought her a Dragons shirt for a wedding present 2 years ago .. she will be weraing that with pride at the game..it may end in divorce as her husband and all his family are Wigan fans..

The point of this being: where are the dragons fans going to be seated? she is hoping to snick away from the husband and his family at half time to talk to some Aussie saints fans..

Last edited:

The Major

Bench
The official tour organised by the club is sitting behind the northern end posts i believe. Those of us on the 'unofficial' tour are somewhere close to around the 20m sideline. St Linnane or Macca can clarify that better for me. Coshie, wheres good to grab a beer before the game close to the stadium in Widnes if we manage to get to the St Helens vs Warrington game on the Friday night?

Coshie

Juniors
The official tour organised by the club is sitting behind the northern end posts i believe. Those of us on the 'unofficial' tour are somewhere close to around the 20m sideline. St Linnane or Macca can clarify that better for me. Coshie, wheres good to grab a beer before the game close to the stadium in Widnes if we manage to get to the St Helens vs Warrington game on the Friday night?

Thanks i will let her know.sorry i got the in-laws team wrong..they are wigan fans not widnes..hence the reason she wants to escape them.

As for the bold bit, i lived in the south of england of England(all union and football..no league there) before moving to Sydney..but my mate may know somwhere..i will try and find out for you.

STG-MACCA

Bench
I think we are sitting here:

section 1-135; rows C and D on the right hand aisle side, seats 47-50 in both rows

The Major

Bench
Reply back from DW Stadium re flags and banners.....

Dear Ray
Having contacted our Stadium Safety Officer he tells me that this game could be a sell out.* Therefore there would not be any spare seats to display large banners over. Due to selling advertising space we do not allow flags or banners to be draped from the Stand structures.
We are quite happy for you to bring reasonable sized flags preferably on plastic/wooden type stick (not metal) obviously whilst waving your flag in support of your team we would expect you to respect your fellow supporters.

We sell good beer in the Stadium which you can take into the seating area and enjoy the match.
Kind regards
Sue
SUE FRANCE
Head of Sales - Non Match Day

Loire Drive
Robin Park
Wigan** WN5 0UH
T:* 01942 770419
M: 07808 137447
F: 01942 770447
W: www.dwstadium.com

Gas Panic!

First Grade
The beer comes in nice plastic pints too .. you beauty. Carlsberg from memory but I could be wrong.

The Major

Bench
I thought that was a nice touch too. Giving their beer a plug like that. Could you imagine that happening at WIN or Jubilee... PS.. we serve sh*t house midstrength beers and spirits. Regards, Peter Doust.

Acka

Coach
I thought that was a nice touch too. Giving their beer a plug like that. Could you imagine that happening at WIN or Jubilee... PS.. we serve sh*t house midstrength beers and spirits. Regards, Peter Doust.

Better than the cricket where it is only light beer and spirits.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Slightly off topic, but very happy that I just secured tickets to the Wigan V Man U match on Saturday afternoon in Wigan \\\\:D/

STG-MACCA

Bench
Seats will be a little to the left from this picture (right on the 18 yard box), for those that may be curious.

attachment.php

Back on topic, I have 8 seats available on a 16 seat mini bus (with driver) going from the Ibis hotel in Manchester City to JJB Stadium for the WCC match and returning after the match to the same point. Please PM me if you are interested.

Pricing will be the total bus cost divided by the number of passengers. Thus far we have 8 confirmed, with 8 seats remaining.

STG-MACCA

Bench
update from the other Saints on their site now

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/press/Widnes_Welcome.pdf

Ticket release shouldn't be too far away now, but god knows how we will get back from Widnes to Manchester after an 8pm kick off. Might need to hire a car or something fellas. Friday will be a huge day......fly in to Manchester, train to Liverpool for Anfield tour, gotta try and fit in a visit to The Saints store in St.Helens and then onto Widnes then back to Manchester.....WOW!!! Saturday, premier league, Sunday WCC......pheww.....!!!

St. Linnane

First Grade
I think I will be living on Red Bull and Monster for the full week.

Throw in my day trip to Paris and my day sightseeing in London and hopefully Liverpool v Sparta.....

The Major

Bench
Screw the red bulls and mothers/monsters. Just stay drunk the entire time and get pushed around in a shopping trolley.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Pending us obtaining tickets to the Friday night footy (Super League), we are faced with the challenge of returning to Manchester.

Northern Rail (northernrail.org) has trains running at 10.23pm (requires you to change trains along the way to get to Manchester) or at 12.06am direct to Manchester. With the match kicking off at 8pm, we should be ok to make the earlier train. Trip takes about 40mins

Train is £10.10 each.

To hire a car for 1 day (11am Friday - 11am Saturday) can be done for as little as £39.02 depending on choice of vehicle and would help with the Liverpool and St.Helens legs.

Taxi is approx £65

There is also a return bus from St.Helens to the match, and you still need to get a train from St.Helens to home.

Once tickets are sorted, we can possibly do another charter bus?

Michael McIlorum will be the starting rake I reckon, with T.Leuluai at five-eighth. A.Roberts will probably be on the wing with P.Richards injured.

And I can't believe how many of you living in Oz are have been brainwashed by the EPL marketing machine. As some say, "Don't believe the hype." Soccer is rubbish to watch, good for kids to play, to learn skills and vision, but when you reach 14/15, play a sport.

Latest posts