What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge discussion

The Major

Bench
Happy to drive you around Miss Daisy. Can get my drink on in the evenings post driving is fine by me.

Saints75

Juniors
Hi all I'm a St Helens fan and will be going to the WCC to support our aussie brothers in arms . There are a few coaches going from The George in St Helens his email is on redvee travel tickets and away day info under world club challange drop him a line he's only charging £6 return.

St. Linnane

First Grade
Liverpool v Sparta tickets have gone on sale for members.....

Just have to wait to see if us plbs can get a ticket.

The Major

Bench
Hi all I'm a St Helens fan and will be going to the WCC to support our aussie brothers in arms . There are a few coaches going from The George in St Helens his email is on redvee travel tickets and away day info under world club challange drop him a line he's only charging £6 return.

Thanks mate. How far is DW Stadium from the George/St Helens? Will the St Helens merchandise shop be open on the Sunday?

The Major

Bench
Macca, St Linnane etc... I vote we get our asses to the George niiiiiice and early and enjoy the warm up bevvys with our northern Saints friends. An awesome way to build up for the game! You think the coach ride we had to the GF was fun (except for Maccas hair painting skills!). You keen or what?

Saints75

Juniors
Thanks mate. How far is DW Stadium from the George/St Helens? Will the St Helens merchandise shop be open on the Sunday?

The Pie Dome or dw stadium is a short train ride from St Helens in fact from the george you can see the St Helens Train station the coach from the george will be cheaper than the train The saints shop won't be open sunday. We regard wiganers as inbred halfwitts and refer to them as pie eaters Here the number for the george 01744 753379

Last edited:

STG-MACCA

Bench
Macca, St Linnane etc... I vote we get our asses to the George niiiiiice and early and enjoy the warm up bevvys with our northern Saints friends. An awesome way to build up for the game! You think the coach ride we had to the GF was fun (except for Maccas hair painting skills!). You keen or what?

Too late, we already organised a mini bus from Manchester to Wigan, departing @ 2pm. Unless the Saints boys get into the Pie Dome early (or in the vicinity), we will have to give it a miss.

Saints75

Juniors
Too late, we already organised a mini bus from Manchester to Wigan, departing @ 2pm. Unless the Saints boys get into the Pie Dome early (or in the vicinity), we will have to give it a miss.

Cancel the minibus and get yourselves down to the george

Dragonwest

Juniors
For those going, you should really look into going to a Premier League match whilst up there. Don't even need to be a huge football fan to appreciate the great atmosphere. You could watch Everton in Liverpool on the Saturday or Man City @ home on the Monday.

St. Linnane

First Grade
DW - we have tickets to Man U v Wigan on the Saturday and are hopeful of scoring tickets to Liverpool v Sparta on the Thursday night.

The Major

Bench

Why not drive to the George and leave the minivan there and hitch a ride and back with these lads?

STG-MACCA

Bench
The bus has a driver, they are driving us to the stadium, and then picking us up after the match and driving us back to Manchester. Was booked by your travel concierge ;-)

WireMan

Bench
The Pie Dome or dw stadium is a short train ride from St Helens in fact from the george you can see the St Helens Train station the coach from the george will be cheaper than the train The saints shop won't be open sunday. We regard wiganers as inbred halfwitts and refer to them as pie eaters Here the number for the george 01744 753379

Which is ironic considering what the rest of the North West thinks of St Helens... :)

Sounds like you boys are gonna have a lot of fun. Tickets for Liverpool should be easy enough, for the Wigan game go through Wigan, they rarely sell out. The rugby at Widnes may be tricky for you (mainly due to the rivalry and ground size). But good luck.

You wouldn't get the bus from Manc to Sts to go back to Wigan, a bit silly. If i was going to all those places i'd hire a vehicle of some sort.

You all should of booked into Warrington. Direct train to Widnes, Wigan, Liverpool and Manchester. In fact if you look on a map, its actually in the middle of all them places.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Liverpool Europa League game should be easy to get tickets for, they aren't selling out on Thursday nights lately...

saint-colesy

Juniors
I fly over the day before the team do and will be staying in the same hotel as them for two days.

Cant wait.

saint-colesy

Juniors
For those going, you should really look into going to a Premier League match whilst up there. Don't even need to be a huge football fan to appreciate the great atmosphere. You could watch Everton in Liverpool on the Saturday or Man City @ home on the Monday.

Everton play Sunderland..

Latest posts