What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge discussion

Godz Illa

Coach
Florence is in a separate squad, and will be flying over in a private jet, piloted by maverick and iceman, with a cabin crew of swimsuit models (sans swimsuits).

Benny

First Grade
haha he was...but decided to use the money on other things - i.e. gold coast for a week for rd 1 and a car...why be so jealous for? :)

That is a terrible decision Sheridan...terrible!

You can go to the Gold Coast any old time for a Dragons game and buy a car whenever (just a few less nights spending all your hard earned at Oatley_ but the chance to go to England to watch St.George play in the World Club Challenge could in fact be once in a lifetime.

St. Linnane

First Grade
Hear hear Benny.

BTW we are booked for the Anfield tour at 3pm on the Friday if you were keen to do it with some Saints fans.

That is a terrible decision Sheridan...terrible!

You can go to the Gold Coast any old time for a Dragons game and buy a car whenever (just a few less nights spending all your hard earned at Oatley_ but the chance to go to England to watch St.George play in the World Club Challenge could in fact be once in a lifetime.

at least i didn't move o/s for work and miss all but a few games this year!!

Benny

First Grade
Hear hear Benny.

BTW we are booked for the Anfield tour at 3pm on the Friday if you were keen to do it with some Saints fans.

St Linnane I might join you for the tour - being a big Liverpool fan it is one of my dreams to go to Anfield. I'm hoping to head to Anfield on the 24th if I can score some tickets to Liverpool vs Prague-Sparta that are playing on the Thursday in second leg of Europa.

Benny

First Grade
at least i didn't move o/s for work and miss all but a few games this year!!

Haven't missed a game all year. Was also at our very important last game of last year. Will be at our 1st game of this year, 1st ever game of World Club Challenge and Round 1...get to watch all the games on TV (though not the same) and live in Paradise - I'm doing alright :D

St. Linnane

First Grade
St Linnane I might join you for the tour - being a big Liverpool fan it is one of my dreams to go to Anfield. I'm hoping to head to Anfield on the 24th if I can score some tickets to Liverpool vs Prague-Sparta that are playing on the Thursday in second leg of Europa.

Keep us in the loop re: tickets for that one if you can.

We are considering St. Helens v Warrington on the Friday night; and of course Man U v Wigan on the Saturday.

Benny

First Grade
Keep us in the loop re: tickets for that one if you can.

We are considering St. Helens v Warrington on the Friday night; and of course Man U v Wigan on the Saturday.

Sounds good and would love to catch a game of English Super League.

How many of you are there and who you travelling with...I'm going out to the islands tomorrow and will follow up upon my return next week but if enough of us there is always the potential of doing group bookings (easy way to secure tickets).

The Major

Bench
Thatd be awesome going to a St Helens match! Top idea! I might have a sniff around on their forums and try and tee something up and sit with their version of the army and find out the best place for an ale or thirty pre and post match.
Has anyone sniffed out any info yet re flags/banner restrictions for Super League?

STG-MACCA

Bench
Major,

I have been in touch with the St.Helens club, and they have told me tickets will be released in a few weeks (that was just after Christmas), so expect them to be available shortly.

Only major issue we face is St.Helens are currently playing out of a temporary stadium and it only holds 12K. If you can obtain tickets through the forum that would be great, otherwise we go into the online lucky dip.

The Major

Bench
Nice one Macca. Im actually on line at the moment sussing out all this as i read this. Great timing. They are playing out of Widnes's home ground it seems. 8pm kick off on the Friday night. Im in the process of putting a thread up on their redvee forum to see what ever info i can muster up. Ive also sent an email directly to the DW Stadium people to see what info they can provide re banners and flags restrictions. Have you still got your COME ON YOU SAINTS huge banner Macca? Planning on taking it?