What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Haynebutt.

Hellsy

Immortal
they only have to use last season's effort on slater as a precendent for it not being a headbutt - last time was worse

as for ennis - i wish hindy had of unscrewed his ugly head and shaken his miniscule brain out of his thick melon
:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrT

Juniors
What the f#%k?

A headbutts a headbutt.

Hayne is a grub.

are you serious? am I the only one that witnessed Payne's obvious attempt to take out the best player on the field at the time.
Hayne was tackled and on the ground. Payne comes in late with a flop PENALTY 1, and then with a swinging arm connects with hayne's jaw PENALTY 2 AND POSSIBLE SEND OFF. Payne's action was late, deliberate and dangerous. Hayne was already tackled and this is why Payne should have been sent from the field.

The Ref can go and get farked as far as I'm concerned. I'm not condoning Hayne leading with the head but if thats a headbutt, then everyone headbutts their wifes, husbands, children and parents every time they kiss them.

The Ref should have blown for a penalty IMMEDIATELY and nothing would have happened.

If that was a headbutt, Payne's nose would have been all over ANZ.

Payne and Ennis typify the bulldogs - SCUM CLUB

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly I thought there was f**k all in the headbutt, his one on Slater was worse. Costing his team the game should be punishment enough. But I was brought up watching the game when men were men.

eels bloke

Juniors
are you serious? am I the only one that witnessed Payne's obvious attempt to take out the best player on the field at the time.
Hayne was tackled and on the ground. Payne comes in late with a flop PENALTY 1, and then with a swinging arm connects with hayne's jaw PENALTY 2 AND POSSIBLE SEND OFF. Payne's action was late, deliberate and dangerous. Hayne was already tackled and this is why Payne should have been sent from the field.

The Ref can go and get farked as far as I'm concerned. I'm not condoning Hayne leading with the head but if thats a headbutt, then everyone headbutts their wifes, husbands, children and parents every time they kiss them.

The Ref should have blown for a penalty IMMEDIATELY and nothing would have happened.

If that was a headbutt, Payne's nose would have been all over ANZ.

Payne and Ennis typify the bulldogs - SCUM CLUB

Simply, yes.

Snoochies

First Grade
I agree this Haynebutt was nothing compared to last year, but I think the NRL and judiciary don't want the media exposure this will create and will want to be seen doing something about this.
Just think if Ennis did this to one of our players, we'd be all calling for blood. I think this is what fans of other clubs will be saying of this incident.

MrT

Juniors
I agree this Haynebutt was nothing compared to last year, but I think the NRL and judiciary don't want the media exposure this will create and will want to be seen doing something about this.
Just think if Ennis did this to one of our players, we'd be all calling for blood. I think this is what fans of other clubs will be saying of this incident.

and what about what Payne did. Are you people all missing the point here. If I was Hayne I'd be asking where were my teamates when they saw me get smashed on the ground. Our players should have ran in and smashed Payne the moment he illegally attempted to take hayne out of the game.

The Slater one was worse - personally I thought the 10 minutes they both got was punishment enough but Hayne will get a 1-2 weeks just to make all the critics happy who thought he got off lightly last time.

Just on the headbutt, I know retailiation is no offence but really, when you get hit in the head illegally and the refs don't bow a penalty...........I am sorry, you don't react to something like that for no reason. The NRL really needs to look more at the instigator more.

strider

Post Whore
its funny - cos he could have got up and absolutely smashed him with a punch and splattered his face all over the place and NOTHING more would come of it

but he does a unforceful little head thrust which causes no damage and he's staring at 2 weeks

funny game we watch

Parra Guru

Coach
Wasn't everyone saying last year that the Slater one was a 'love tap'.

If it was any other player...

PB

Bench
Maybe it wasn't much of a head but, but given the Eels are going no where this season it is probably in the Eels and Hayne's best interest if he did get suspended ad two weeks would probably not allow him the time to prove himself for Origin. Hayne clearly needs to learn some resposnibility. He lets things like this control him, he rarely steps up when his team needs him to and when he came back from the bin last night he had zero impact.

cumberlandcozza

Juniors
Maybe it wasn't much of a head but, but given the Eels are going no where this season it is probably in the Eels and Hayne's best interest if he did get suspended ad two weeks would probably not allow him the time to prove himself for Origin. Hayne clearly needs to learn some resposnibility. He lets things like this control him, he rarely steps up when his team needs him to and when he came back from the bin last night he had zero impact.

Sadly I agree, Jarryds options after being stiff armed were to do nothing or punch back..... they are the rules of the jungle....... he needs to get the option of the lovetap, headbutt, leading with the forehead, etc out of his life.... he will get 2 weeks.

eels81236

Bench
I was more disappointed that it looked as though he was going to stay down before Payne stood over him and asked him politely to get up.

Latest posts