What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Junior Reps Harold Matthews & SG Ball

KAB

Juniors
Matts - Central Coast boys controlled the ball well in a game that was held up with late arrival of the shire boys and very wet windy weather. Coast boys had very emotional week, with the lost of their very close friend. R.I.P. All the boys should be proud of themselves. They won 20 - 4.

In the ball a gutsy display by the coast but earlier mistakes cost them the game. 34 - 26

Sharkies smokie prediction ???

Raiderdave

First Grade
Matts - Central Coast boys controlled the ball well in a game that was held up with late arrival of the shire boys and very wet windy weather. Coast boys had very emotional week, with the lost of their very close friend. R.I.P. All the boys should be proud of themselves. They won 20 - 4.

In the ball a gutsy display by the coast but earlier mistakes cost them the game. 34 - 26

Sharkies smokie prediction ???

theres been one game played
I maintain they have the draw & side to make the top 4
will certainly play finals ........

Last edited:

KAB

Juniors
I just check their draw, yeah it is an easy draw so to speak but, you cant be to confident in this game, though you could be right.
But just a qucik note they better get hold of the sharkies 11 and tell him that its no shoulder charging. He must had 2 or 3 penalties against him.
Manly matts side ,I have just count how many players have come from the coast or newcastle to have a crack a rep footy. This great to see and what breeding ground for footballers. Total 9.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith Matts will be right up there from what I have seen the past 2 weeks. Very exciting young team.

Penrith SG Ball look good too but will take a few more weeks to gel as their players have come from different parts of NSW, 1 from QLD, 1 from NZ and 1 from the NT!

Dragons61

Juniors
Also watched the MC Cronulla v Central Coast game - the weather was terrible for most the first half with torrential rain. Central Coast played very well in the conditions and controlled the ball well. Cronulla on the other hand dropped it every time they had it and could not get out of their own half. They also got canned in the penalties due to stupid mistakes. They probably need to change the makeup of their team for their next game - a couple of the boys in key positions weren't up to it yesterday. Think the Coast will have a good year very impressed with their half back - as for Cronulla - again very disappointing and will need to turn it around next week - and pray for dry weather - their forwards aren't big enough to slog it out in the wet

KAB

Juniors
I know this is a silly question. Dogs players that stood out more then the others. Is the roosters that bad as others have predicted or are the Dogs that good in Matts.

Any news on the Manly and Canberra sides. I know Manly won both grades. Player wise standouts. It looked like a close game.

stormy77

Juniors
Just on some of the comments that relate to central coast players going to other clubs, it is probably clear to those players that there is no future on the coast past sg ball, it would make sense for them to get into a system where they have a direct pathway and future..... where the coast will continue to struggle in this area if that cannot directly link with any pathway to the 20s..

KAB

Juniors
Just on some of the comments that relate to central coast players going to other clubs, it is probably clear to those players that there is no future on the coast past sg ball, it would make sense for them to get into a system where they have a direct pathway and future..... where the coast will continue to struggle in this area if that cannot directly link with any pathway to the 20s..

It does not matter where they play either on the coast or elsewhere, If we look at Manly for instance there is two or 3 coast players in there under 20's. One played in the SG Ball for the coast (2011) and another played for the Western Reds SG BAll (2010) but played on the coast in first grade. last year. Melbourne U20's have picked up local Coast boy who played in the real NRL reserves last year but played Ball for Manly in 2011 and Matts 2009 for the coast.
I just like to see all boys get good chance to play with their mates at this age and do well. There is future for any Coast player and any others out there. But there will be more in there local areas that dont get the opportunity.

MA61

Juniors
Canberra & Manly HM's was close in the first half 12-10 at half time, Manly ran in 5 second half tries. Canberra scored 2 late tries.
SG Ball was 36-6 at half time to Manly not sure about 2nd half.
I know this is a silly question. Dogs players that stood out more then the others. Is the roosters that bad as others have predicted or are the Dogs that good in Matts.

Any news on the Manly and Canberra sides. I know Manly won both grades. Player wise standouts. It looked like a close game.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Canberra & Manly HM's was close in the first half 12-10 at half time, Manly ran in 5 second half tries. Canberra scored 2 late tries.
SG Ball was 36-6 at half time to Manly not sure about 2nd half.

22-8 to the Raiders as the final score was 44-28
I hear coach Marapodi gave them a blast they'll never forget

a pretty poor effort from the matts boys in the 2nd half ...they just lost all their shape in D

& Manly pulled their foot off the gas late to concede those last 2 tries
as the job was done at
40-12

a long season ahead for them if things don't change soon
Maron may have to mix the personel up a bit if the boys don't steel up a bit.:?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
early days

but

a Panthers V Dogs Grand final in the matts anyone ?:sarcasm:

Interesting to see if anyone can break the Panthers, Dogs and Eels monopoly on the Comp. In the past decade the Panthers have 4 titles, Dogs 3 and Eels 3.

Twoblu

Juniors
Not much mention of it yet ...but Souths 68-0 win over Wests in the SG Ball is impressive...Interesting to see how they go against the Steelers next week....After that they have a reasonable draw

richies

Juniors
Bulldogs beat roosters 50 to 6

I only saw just over half the game
number 9 ali allouche seemed good as did
no.2 marcelo montoya
for the dogs

I dont think we could beat them again by that much, pretty sure we got lucky being the first match

Rocket

Juniors
Unfortunately I missed the Raiders v Dogs games today but I saw that the 18 Raiders got up and the 16s lost but were close. Sounds like a big turn around from last week, hope they keep it up.

Latest posts