What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Junior Reps Harold Matthews & SG Ball

drago brelli

Bench
Did anyone happen to catch the Souths v Sharks trial last week...was away so couldn't go to the game
Cronulla's matts team beat both souths and canberra in trials. Cronulla look to have a competitive team in this comp. It's about time.

KAB

Juniors
Any news on how Norths vs Manly (Matts and ball ) trials went today.

Any other trials. When will the SWAS and WSA sides be finalised.

bboowwyy

Juniors
According to North's website, their trials were cancelled for some reason.
I watched Easts beat the Dragons by several tries (i think) in SG Ball this morning at Kogarah, unsure of the HM score.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Under 15's - Newcastle Knights 32 def. Penrith Panthers 12
Under 17's - Penrith Panthers 20 def. Newcastle Knights 8
Harold Matthews - Penrith Panthers 24 def. Newcastle Knights 16
SG Ball - Penrith Panthers 24 drew with Newcastle Knights 24

Dragons61

Juniors
Watched Dragons v Roosters Mattys yesterday - 2 tries all at half time with Dragons winning 7 tries to 2 at full time - told the Roosters had improved from previous week but will still have a long year - especially with their draw.

Watched Bulldogs v Sharks with Bulldogs winning 4 tries to 1 - Sharks started well with a smart try to their winger but didn't get the ball out wide enough throughout the game. Bulldogs were OK but did have most of the ball through a number of penalties (refs are ordinary everywhere!). - still think Sharks will have a good season as they have not finalised their squad as yet and had 3 starting forwards rested with slight injuries - would like to see them play the bulldogs at full strength

kbw

Bench
Rooster will struggle in HM as they have picked some very average players, overlooking some better locals. The interesting point that they had a very close game with StGeorge in the U15s.

Roosters SG Ball should do very well as they have some quality players, depending on who they cut

richies

Juniors
I heard the following results for the dogs versus nulla trial

under 15's balmain 28 bulldogs 16
under 17's balmain 36 bulldogs 8
under 16's bulldogs 16 cronulla 4
under 18's bulldogs 28 cronulla 12

KAB

Juniors
According to North's website, their trials were cancelled for some reason.
I watched Easts beat the Dragons by several tries (i think) in SG Ball this morning at Kogarah, unsure of the HM score.

What is going there? I heard the Central Coast boys had a trial with Manly and they (Manly) pulled out of the trial. And then arranged a trial with Norths. Now that did not do ahead. Weird. :?

stormy77

Juniors
What is going there? I heard the Central Coast boys had a trial with Manly and they (Manly) pulled out of the trial. And then arranged a trial with Norths. Now that did not do ahead. Weird. :?

Yep ground was closed, to wet!!!

Rooster-boy

Juniors
Rooster will struggle in HM as they have picked some very average players, overlooking some better locals. The interesting point that they had a very close game with StGeorge in the U15s.

I have been watching a few of their games also - and saw the trial out at henson - who are these locals that missed out???

ranga

Juniors
parra had cut their squad and were probably playing their best players, while the Knights were still suiting up two full teams and were resting a few certain selections.
Having said that, Parra were very strong in Mathews two years ago - just about unbeatable - and these will be the same kids.
Knights can get a lot better, but Parra might be the team to beat.

Very true knights have a good side big mobile pack and speed in the backs ,they will be up there for sure , panthers looked good in stages

drago brelli

Bench

I have been watching a few of their games also - and saw the trial out at henson - who are these locals that missed out???
Easts will come last in the HMatts which is an u/16 comp not u/15s. St.George are not much better. That's why the Dragons will never cut the Illawarra Steelers adrift. The Illawarra region has great junior talent whilst St.George has virtually nothing. There could be as many as 8 Illawarra juniors starting in the Dragons first match of the '12 season.

richies

Juniors
Illawarra destroyed Easts in the Matts trial. Illawarra are not big but tough and mobile. Looked well organised. Easts are appalling. Easts beat Illawarra in the Ball easily. Illawarra are too small and mostly 17yrs old. Easts might finish 7th or 8th. Top 4 in Ball should be the usual suspects, eg; Parra, Dogs, Penrith and Newcastle.

the sg ball - dogs have a very young side this year as most have moved upto nyc
but theres still some quality players

KAB

Juniors
Last Night trials Harold Matthews Central Coast vs Western Academy -
HM- CC 6 tries to western academy 2. Central coast played well in the conditions mind you the Academy team has just come together.

SG- Academy beat CC with a similar score line.

Central Coast boys have week off before the comp starts. Good luck all those involved.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
A very impressive Penrith lead 24-0 at Halftime in Matts over Canberra. 5 tries and 2 conversions.

Latest posts