What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
I wont be buying anything until it has the telstra premiership logo on it, this years logo looks garbage.

good point. in 2001, all jerseys came out at the start of the season with only the NRL badge.
the players ran out with a "telsta premiership" badge above the NRL badge.
midway through the season, the next batch of supporters jerseys came out and they had the telstra premiership badge on them.

all jerseys in the shops now are outdated. wait a few months and the prices will come crashing down.

mn_tibor

Juniors
good point. in 2001, all jerseys came out at the start of the season with only the NRL badge.
midway through the season, the next batch of supporters jerseys came out and they had the telstra premiership badge on them.

all jerseys in the shops now are outdated. wait a few months and the prices will come crashing down.

All playing jersey's will have the NRL badge on them in 2013, the competition badge will not be on there until 2014. I am sure the Telstra logo will be put on the on-field jersey's somewhere but I doubt they will change the retail on this year.

Diesel

Referee
To Crown's credit, the Storm main jersey for 2013 is well integrated:

LMel3-Jer-Hme-Fr-300.jpg

If this is legit then about effing time! And we'll done Crown and Storm coming together

Saint Doc

Coach
If this is legit?

It was released over a month ago :crazy:

It's amazing how no matter how many times people point out how condescending you are, you continue to make posts like this. Unbelievable.

Yep diesel it's legit and looks great.

Diesel

Referee
Cheers Saint Doc, I hadn't seen that jersey and the last one I saw had that awful box around it.

beagle

Juniors

Last year the retail jerseys (and player's jerseys) had the 2011 Telstra Premiership logo as opposed to the 2012 logo, and they were full price all year. It was all about Telstra changing their branding during the off season, well after final logo designs were sent to the various manufacturers.

Hopefully later batches of this year's jerseys have the correct logo applied.

You are correct on the 2001 jerseys. If I recall, the NRL logo was embroidered but the Telstra Premiership logo was a patch. I've got a 2001 jersey somewhere, I'll have a look.

Last edited:

ShaneO85

Juniors
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Penrith are changing from ISC jerseys to Asics jerseys for 2013. Their website currently still only has the 2012s available but in an Asics brochure that came in a mag i bought it has images of all 3 jerseys made by asics. All very similar to this years in design.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Nice jerseys. Anyone else feel like a chocolate milk?

If only the stripes went all the way around, side panels ruin jerseys with stripes.

It doesn't see like they have side panels, you can see where the fabric join is. They just arbitrarily stopped the lines from going all the way around for some reason.

Saint Doc

Coach
Nice jerseys. Anyone else feel like a chocolate milk?

It doesn't see like they have side panels, you can see where the fabric join is. They just arbitrarily stopped the lines from going all the way around for some reason.

Is it the white jersey where you think you can see a fabric join? If so, I think that is a fold line rather than a stitch line, meaning there are side panels.

The other possible explanation is that there are side panels on the player jerseys but not the replicas. I know for a fact that the dragons player-cut jerseys have side panels but not on the replicas but it makes no difference to the design. Perhaps penrith stopped the lines at that point so they were a faithful replica design, but not style/fit?

GAZF

First Grade
Looks like asics is using a warmer grey on the stripes and possibly a different material on the sleeves going by the difference in colour on all 3 jerseys.

Pierced Soul

First Grade

i dont think they'll drop that much. a lot of fans wouldnt notice the difference and retailers like rebel probably have no idea either so wouldn't drop prices that much.

if the current jersey's have this crappy nrl logo on it wouldnt it make them rarer if its going to be updated later on in the year? (rarer being a relative term, not necessarily indicating an increase in value)

i find it interesting that origin jerseys were released so early in the year given it's missing the major sponsor

have we seen a real life 2013 kangaroos jersey yet?

ShaneO85

Juniors
Is it the white jersey where you think you can see a fabric join? If so, I think that is a fold line rather than a stitch line, meaning there are side panels.

The other possible explanation is that there are side panels on the player jerseys but not the replicas. I know for a fact that the dragons player-cut jerseys have side panels but not on the replicas but it makes no difference to the design. Perhaps penrith stopped the lines at that point so they were a faithful replica design, but not style/fit?

I think that would be the most likely explanation. The replicas/supporters certainly appear to basically be just a subliminated t-shirt of 2 pieces for the body and 2 pieces for the sleeves.

And cheers matt for finding those pics. I had a quick browse but couldn't see them. I wonder what their heritage jersey will be this year? I personally loved their white heritage jersey last year. Think it would have been great as their away strip. Penrith have plennty of potential for their kit but can't seem to nail their designs.

Hope you're all sitting down... Here are a couple new SL shirts. And you lot thought the Broncs jersey this year was bad!!!

Widnes away:
20161.jpg

Hudds away:
7467.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts