What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibimatty

Juniors
Sure happy to help.

a) he didn't NEED to be told it was released a month ago, it's irrelevant. He asked if it was legit. So an adequate response is what I posted, "Yeah mate it's legit. I agree it looks great". To which diesel said "Thanks"
b) by stressing it was released 'over a month ago' suggests it should be common knowledge. Well, over a month ago was the lead in to Christmas. Some people are busy with shopping and parties. We had to create a new jersey thread due to the huge volume of posts. Very very reasonable that someone wouldn't have seen it, esp if they're not a fanatical follower of the thread.
C) the emoticon you used, which are designed to convey the tone of your post, it achieved by putting a semi colon on either side the the word "crazy". It is not crazy to ask if a new jersey design you haven't seen is legit. It's very reasonable. I would say with fair certainty that 98% of NRL fans have not seen new designs. 90% will probably not notice the change even when season starts.

If you want one take home lesson, lose this :crazy:
It only makes you seem like a condescending tool

Up_Arrow_Icon.png
That's one of the best fahken posts I've ever read.

Well written sir!

:thumb

Cheers,
Matty

This was the photo SBS website used yesterday for the news that Greg Bird will co captain the Titans. Obviously a stock photo of him in a training jersey but even this training jersey would have looked quite decent as their new strip for 2013 instead of the "you know what" they did come up with.

qzezaf.jpg

Something Ive noticed a bit in a number of past Titans jerseys, is there a reason the Premiership shield sits lower than the team shield?

GAZF

First Grade
Sure happy to help.

a) he didn't NEED to be told it was released a month ago, it's irrelevant. He asked if it was legit. So an adequate response is what I posted, "Yeah mate it's legit. I agree it looks great". To which diesel said "Thanks"
b) by stressing it was released 'over a month ago' suggests it should be common knowledge. Well, over a month ago was the lead in to Christmas. Some people are busy with shopping and parties. We had to create a new jersey thread due to the huge volume of posts. Very very reasonable that someone wouldn't have seen it, esp if they're not a fanatical follower of the thread.
C) the emoticon you used, which are designed to convey the tone of your post, it achieved by putting a semi colon on either side the the word "crazy". It is not crazy to ask if a new jersey design you haven't seen is legit. It's very reasonable. I would say with fair certainty that 98% of NRL fans have not seen new designs. 90% will probably not notice the change even when season starts.

Its a colon ffs :crazy:

mn_tibor

Juniors
I know you are right however Gold Coast have a history of putting the NRL logo on their training jersey.

I believe the training jersey's with the NRL logo are only used in the captain's run training session, i.e. the last session before the game. During the week they use normal training gear.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i saw the dragons charity shield jersey in the shops and the badges are printed rather than embroided onto it.

just wondering if theres a reason for this. the stuff i've got which is printed tends to be training gear

mn_tibor

Juniors
i saw the dragons charity shield jersey in the shops and the badges are printed rather than embroided onto it.

just wondering if theres a reason for this. the stuff i've got which is printed tends to be training gear

Most (if not all) on-field jersey's have printed on badges these days. So it's actually more of an accurate replica if the badges aren't embroided.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Most (if not all) on-field jersey's have printed on badges these days. So it's actually more of an accurate replica if the badges aren't embroided.

ahh ok, so why don't they sell more of these type of jerseys to the public since we generally want as close to a replica as possible? they do it for sponsors so i'm not sure why it'stretch to do it for the logo's

Saint Doc

Coach
I much prefer embroided logos. They only aren't on players jerseys because there is no function, they were jerseys so tight it'd just rub.

Embroided logos look classy in my opinion

GAZF

First Grade
I much prefer embroided logos. They only aren't on players jerseys because there is no function, they were jerseys so tight it'd just rub.

Prefer embroidered too but certain jerseys are too irritating to wear without an undershirt. Patches (think 1980's) have minimal stitching poking through and would be the best option for supporters. However, most logos just don't have adequate bordering to justify it.

Also, I think it's a cost thing if the badges are printed on. One less thing for the jersey makers to have to pay for while keeping the jerseys are the same retail price.

One plus to printed badges is that there is a lot more detail on them compared to embroided badges.

GAZF

First Grade
Also, I think it's a cost thing if the badges are printed on. One less thing for the jersey makers to have to pay for while keeping the jerseys are the same retail price.

One plus to printed badges is that there is a lot more detail on them compared to embroided badges.

Goes to show how blown out the distribution and licencing fees are - apparently keeping costs down by excluding a bit of detailing yet prices are approaching $200.

The degree of detailing depends on the material. I have training shirts that look horrendous.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sure happy to help.

I thought it was relevant. My preoragtive. Not only is the design available to view online, it's been on sale in shops since before Christmas.
I assumed Diesel was someone who had been following the thread, given he's made over 50 posts in it.

See to me, that emoticon is a jovial little fun guy running in a circle, regardless of what the letter combo to create him is.

I don't buy your stats either, I don't treat regular users/posters here as if they're the "98%" or "90%" - the people on here are the 2% and 10%, those who follow the game closely.

Maybe that's my mistake.

Either way, well done on derailing the thread and encouraging everyone else to have a dig too :thumb

(and that emoticon was meant condescendingly to you ;-))

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i would have thought it's be easier to just print onto the jersey than pay someone to do the patches and sew them on. i prefer the embroided patches to the prints anyway

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

This is something I've never understood, in the couple of years since the on-field strip has been printed rather than embroided... that fans continue to purchase the embroided versions which are no longer true replicas.

I'm not fussed either way but I think the fans should be able to buy exactly what the players wear if they so desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.