What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quotes Concerning Dragons & NRL Right Game Right Venue Announcement

Saintsified

Bench
Listen clown.
You want more details PM me.
I payed over 30k per year for 10 years, so before you start on your venture of money, remember this.
Whilst i was sitting in private boxes / suites at the SFS, i also knew that without the troops in the crowd, we amounted to sh...
With all respect, get off your high horse, cause it sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder.

Dufus listen up, im talking in general, its not aimed at you.

We cant be controlled by a few, yes a few on a hill, these people need to understand NRL is moving quickly to a new life and if Dragons dont do it themselves they will be left behind.

We arent moving to a new stadium fulltime, its taking logical marquee games to bigger venues and because a few diehards we shouldnt? lol

I think you are the one who thinks the club owes, not me mate.

TruSaint

Referee
Dufus listen up, im talking in general, its not aimed at you.

We cant be controlled by a few, yes a few on a hill, these people need to understand NRL is moving quickly to a new life and if Dragons dont do it themselves they will be left behind.

We arent moving to a new stadium fulltime, its taking logical marquee games to bigger venues and because a few diehards we shouldnt? lol

I think you are the one who thinks the club owes, not me mate.

The club owes me shit.
I CHOSE it... Dufus.

BTW, those few on the hill are greater than what you think.
I asked you to PM me, but you chose to raise this in a public forum.

Who said we were moving to a new stadium ?
You.

Mate grow the f... up, and if you want a real conversation without embarrassing yourself PM me.

I love this forum and can take crap from left, right and centre.

For your information, DUFUS, i started going to Kogarah when i didn't have a [penny to my name. By 1998 i secured corporate rights... but unlike you don't need to brag about them.

I wish you all the best... Im sorry you are a clown.

Rexxy

Coach
Four of the biggest clubs in Sydney have already taken similar steps and are moving upwards in terms of crowds as a consequence.
As unpalatable as it is, it was inevitable.

Before things are considered inevitable surely we should first determine if they are correct. How much are we getting to play at such fan unfriendly venues as the scg? If we don't know the facts then we are throwing away our wicket far too cheap. How can cronulla play 12 at home and finish higher? Maybe we aren't the super club Danny Robinson had us believe we are. But I do envy those that see black and white without any Socratic investigation

Saintsified

Bench
The club owes me shit.
I CHOSE it... Dufus.

BTW, those few on the hill are greater than what you think.
I asked you to PM me, but you chose to raise this in a public forum.

Who said we were moving to a new stadium ?
You.

Mate grow the f... up, and if you want a real conversation without embarrassing yourself PM me.

I love this forum and can take crap from left, right and centre.

For your information, DUFUS, i started going to Kogarah when i didn't have a [penny to my name. By 1998 i secured corporate rights... but unlike you don't need to brag about them.

I wish you all the best... Im sorry you are a clown.

DRONGO, youre bragging right now fool.

Why would i want to PM you? we are all discussing this here, if you are a corporate big wig now dont you think there will be loads more like you if better facilities are offered? did you run your business with the view to grow? yes you did thats why u went from the hill to the box, its time the club thinks big just like you obviously did.

Yet here you are saying the opposite.

TruSaint

Referee
Tip,

You lack vitamin D.
Go outside tomorrow, get some sun, poor water over your little head and you will grow.
I promise it woks.

Love from Drongo.
To Clown.

TruSaint

Referee
DRONGO, youre bragging right now fool.

Why would i want to PM you? we are all discussing this here, if you are a corporate big wig now dont you think there will be loads more like you if better facilities are offered? did you run your business with the view to grow? yes you did thats why u went from the hill to the box, its time the club thinks big just like you obviously did.

Yet here you are saying the opposite.

Tip,

You lack vitamin D.
Go outside tomorrow, get some sun, poor water over your little head and you will grow.
I promise it woks.

Love from Drongo.
To Clown.

Rexxy

Coach
NRL never head membership like AFL either but what a steep growth its been the last 5 years or so....the same will happen with centralised stadium crowds over time, dont be naive.

If you don't understand the difference between the McG and telstradome vs anz and sfs, then you probably should do some research. Afl fans would piss themselves laughing if they heard we made Dragon fans travel 3.5 hours each way in a train to go to a home game. But that's what gong fans face going to that soulless shitbox called anz

TruSaint

Referee
If you don't understand the difference between the McG and telstradome vs anz and sfs, then you probably should do some research. Afl fans would piss themselves laughing if they heard we made Dragon fans travel 3.5 hours each way in a train to go to a home game. But that's what gong fans face going to that soulless shitbox called anz

Amen,
Sayonara and Goodnight.
SPOT ON

Saintsified

Bench

You mean you travel 3.5 hours, i travel 1000km, others would travel to SFS in 5 mins, Saints fans are eevrywhere and some are just plain selfish and want it easy for them.

I garantee you more will attend the big stadiums than Jubilee, no point comparing seasons 2008 with say 2010, now with games spread in the same season then we can make comparisons. Im betting SFS/ANZ will pull much more than Kogarah and WIN.

Win after 18 months of no games pulled i think 13000 in the first game, which was disgusting if you ask me.

TruSaint

Referee
You mean you travel 3.5 hours, i travel 1000km, others would travel to SFS in 5 mins, Saints fans are eevrywhere and some are just plain selfish and want it easy for them.

I garantee you more will attend the big stadiums than Jubilee, no point comparing seasons 2008 with say 2010, now with games spread in the same season then we can make comparisons. Im betting SFS/ANZ will pull much more than Kogarah and WIN.

Win after 18 months of no games pulled i think 13000 in the first game, which was disgusting if you ask me.

Ummmm. Bullshit.
We have tried this before.
Wake up

TruSaint

Referee

For the record LEGEND, if you are going to travel that far then get the f.. to Kogarah or Win. Period.

Rexxy

Coach
Yeah we get it. You and Jonesy deserve medals because you have the time and money and an able body to combine some footy with tourism.

My pov is for those that buy a season ticket and can't go to games because the club keeps changing the goal posts.

Since I sold papers at grounds like the Sydney sports ground I've noticed older people are getting less and less.

Replaced by a louder, brash, disrespectful mob who have some disposable y and looking for an outing.

My plea is not to forget the people who built this game for a quick grab at some mythical demographic who are drinking from a well they never dug.

So keep going on that it's all about you saintisfied and your medal winning efforts to travel in from Buttf**k, Australia.

Maybe if you had a coach full of people with you, your opinion will be worth more than any other fan. But until then, stop bagging the people who made our club great

Last edited:

Saintsified

Bench
Yeah we get it. You and Johnny deserve medals because you have the time and money and an able body to combine some footy with tourism.

My pov is for those that buy a season ticket and can't go to games because the club keeps changing the goal posts.

Since I sold papers at grounds like the Sydney sports ground I've noticed older people are getting less and less.

Replaced by a louder, brash, disrespectful mob who have some disposable y and looking for an outing.

My plea is not to forget the people who built this game for a quick grab at some mythical demographic who are drinking from a well they never dug.

So keep going on that it's all about you saintisfied and your medal winning efforts to travel in from Buttf**k, Australia.

Maybe if you had a coach full of people with you, your opinion will be worth more than mine or Tru Saints. But until then, stop bagging the people who made our club great

Chomp, im not bagging people who made it great, im bagging people who are trying to hold the club back.

The game itself has evolved, off field it needs to as well.

TheRev

First Grade
Sir, thats what they want... Foxtel rev. / TCN 9 etc.
What is the value of a Foxtel Sports Package Subscriber vs someone who goes to Games? Ive often wondered.

Both must contribute but the one the media get their knickers in their knot over, is lack of bums on seats at games...

Fingerbang

Bench
I live over 4,000 kms away from Sydney/W'gong now anyway, so I don't really give a f*&k either way. But I do like the idea because it does seem to be a smart business decision for the club.

As for those saying travelling to ANZ or Allianz is to watch a game is not feasible....well all the years I lived in the Gong, I went to most games at Win Stadium, and if I were to catch a train to watch a Sydney game, I only ever did that if the Dragons were playing at Allianz or ANZ. Even to this day, I have never been to see a game at Kogarah. Prick of a place to get to via public transport from the Gong.

And ftr, Allianz is my most favoured ground to watch any footy.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
little question, but has it been mentioned anywhere how much and who is paying the Dragons to shift their 4 games ?
would not think that the management would have agreed to move any games without some guarantee.

but cheer up - last year the St George v Parramatta game was to be played at ANZ, but got shifted back to Parramatta Stadium because they knew the crowd would be so crap.

BennyV

Referee
Can we get some perspective here...its 4 bloody games, one of which (ANZAC clash) has already been played at SFS and IMO is one of the best games of the year most years! We aren't losing our heritage, the idea is to make the big games bigger.

I was at the Saints v Tigers game in the last few rounds of 2011 at SCG, battle for the top 4, and it was huge. ANZAC Day 2012 wouldn't have been as awesome if we didnt get to laugh at 15000 Roosters fans when Creagh stole the match. And IF Dragons beat Souths in a Top of the Table match in front of 40,000 at ANZ, think how many lol@souffs we would get compared with that at WIN.

I get the frustration for most, but again, its 4 games a year...not the end of the dragons

Latest posts