What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quotes Concerning Dragons & NRL Right Game Right Venue Announcement

jubbsy

Juniors
Souths and Bulldogs have ONE home ground dont they ?
That is a given.

Im talking about losing any home ground advantage.

Why should my comparison only include Sydney teams ?
The facts speak for themselves.

And by the way, Manly and Easts are Sydney teams.

By dilluting your home base has results... Just ask Mick Potter.

Because teams outside of sydney don't have any competition from other NRL team It's not like you would bring Melbourne to play in sydney. Manly is unique, if they were moved to ANZ it would be lucky if 1000 manly supporters turned up.

TruSaint

Referee
Because teams outside of sydney don't have any competition from other NRL team It's not like you would bring Melbourne to play in sydney. Manly is unique, if they were moved to ANZ it would be lucky if 1000 manly supporters turned up.

Totally understand J... but my question bud is where do we go from here. 4 games here, 4 their etc... Its unsettling.
As for Manly, i hate to say it but you are correct. 1000 is generous lol.

karuah6

Juniors
Just go & watch your team anywhere if you are a genuine supporter. Like a lot of the older supporters we used to go & watch the Dragons most Saturdays at the SCC during their 11 year reign & beyond.
Some on here all they want to do is whinge whatever the subject.
Be greatfull that that you have got a team to support in Sydney.

TruSaint

Referee
Just go & watch your team anywhere if you are a genuine supporter. Like a lot of the older supporters we used to go & watch the Dragons most Saturdays at the SCC during their 11 year reign & beyond.
Some on here all they want to do is whinge whatever the subject.
Be greatfull that that you have got a team to support in Sydney.

Passionate and fair call.
FTR, i have always travelled, but there r two issues.

1. Some CANT travel , albeit financial, logistics whatever.
2. Can we maintain a little history with our grounds.

Congrats on your commitment.. it is inspiring.
Some love the club as much but just cant work around 3/4 home grounds.

Sticks2

Juniors
[FONT=&quot]Regarding "Right Game, Right Venue"

Peter Doust what you are telling the fans is that you have just given away a four game home advantage for a bucket of money to play at venues no one wants to go to! Yes you have sold off a third of our home games! Does this mean I will only have to pay for four games with my Red V Membership for Kogarah next season.
This decision to make easy money might take the pressure off an under performing management team and up until the end of last season a non performing retention committee but it won't please those who in the end decide your future and that is the fans! Sell us out at your peril. This is the start of the rot and I hope the fans show their displeasure. The only way our great club can succeed is by having a competitive Rugby League side on the field, our field, do your job "Build it and they will come" and so will the fans and the dollars!

[/FONT]

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
[FONT=&quot]Regarding "Right Game, Right Venue"

Peter Doust what you are telling the fans is that you have just given away a four game home advantage for a bucket of money to play at venues no one wants to go to! Yes you have sold off a third of our home games! Does this mean I will only have to pay for four games with my Red V Membership for Kogarah next season.
This decision to make easy money might take the pressure off an under performing management team and up until the end of last season a non performing retention committee but it won't please those who in the end decide your future and that is the fans! Sell us out at your peril. This is the start of the rot and I hope the fans show their displeasure. The only way our great club can succeed is by having a competitive Rugby League side on the field, our field, do your job "Build it and they will come" and so will the fans and the dollars!
[/FONT]

Nice first post...
Welcome!!!

Shenron

Juniors
I think they know we are going to underperform next year and think giving away 4 games wont matter in the grand scheme of things. Either way im pissed

TruSaint

Referee
If in fact they believe they will underachive, then this move is ludicrous.
It just doesnt make sense.
" Ok, where gone for next year... lets alienate our fans and relocate for 4 games".
Disaster commcercially.

Then the question beckons, why did we sign Widdop, Thompson, Williams, Farrell, etc if this
is nothing but a "building year ".

The fans have had enough of building years...

Father Ted

First Grade
The Leagues club is rat shit, but rather than re-invent it we'll just sellout our heritage and play in cavernous holes for money instead.

This saddens me. I enjoy the experience of simply watching Saints at our home, both Kogarah and WIN, whether we win or lose. Maybe I'm overly sentimental. The heritage of our home is one the reasons driving this silly lifelong fandom of mine. But next year the concept of Jubilee and WIN being our home is dead - we're simply visiting.

Wish I had written this Godz illa . Not surprised Doustie is being everything I always knew he was.. The Leagues club ? Well that would mean people getting off their arses and making an effort.

_Johnsy

Referee
Or the fans could travel an hour on the train to homebush. FFS

I get to at least 4-8 sydney/gong games per year from QLD. Yet we have some sooking about traveling to some games an hour or so away from Kogarah.

karuah6

Juniors
As I stated in another post, I would go to most games years ago. Due to my current medical condition this is now not possible. But I still am the 1st Red V member to register when the Red V started many years ago.
I would love to go & see all the games live but that's life.
It is the whinging that gets to me on this forum & that's while I have not posted for some time. Maybe it's time to again stop, but I will still be a old Dragons boy, keep my membership up to date, watch on tv & support the team in my way.
Have a good off season & look forward to the new crop of Dragons coming through that you hopefully support.
Bye

TruSaint

Referee
Or the fans could travel an hour on the train to homebush. FFS

I get to at least 4-8 sydney/gong games per year from QLD. Yet we have some sooking about traveling to some games an hour or so away from Kogarah.

Those people you mention, may not have the capacity to do so.

Saintsified

Bench
Some of you HILLbillies need to wake up, sport has seats these days....The Hill at the SCG was missed for about 10 mins.

It's the way of the future and I applaud the club for doing this.

Bravo

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Some of you HILLbillies need to wake up, sport has seats these days....The Hill at the SCG was missed for about 10 mins.

It's the way of the future and I applaud the club for doing this.

Bravo

He HILLbillies you call are the ground root supporters.
Without these die hards, you wouldnt have a seat.
Poor choice
This the the NRL not NFL.
Population 22 mil... not 320 mill.

TruSaint

Referee
Unable to get to games via public transport that will more than likely be included in their ticket price (as per video). I find that amusing.

Its not JUST about whether or not they get "free" trains rides mate.
There is much more to it.
These people/fans plan their trips, they have an understanding of facilities at Kog and Win.
You may find it amusing, i doubt they do.

RedVDave

First Grade
The Leagues club is rat shit, but rather than re-invent it we'll just sellout our heritage and play in cavernous holes for money instead.

This saddens me. I enjoy the experience of simply watching Saints at our home, both Kogarah and WIN, whether we win or lose. Maybe I'm overly sentimental. The heritage of our home is one the reasons driving this silly lifelong fandom of mine. But next year the concept of Jubilee and WIN being our home is dead - we're simply visiting.

Beautifully said Godz, I've said it a million times already and I have no problem saying it a million more. Our Leagues club is a dead set joke has been for a while now it is so outdated it's not funny. If you want an example of a great leagues club go to Penrith Panthers it sets the bar of what a leagues should look like, has a sports bar section for the sports tragics a dance floor for the 18+ and a bistro/general area suitable for anyone I've also heard Canterbury leagues is quiet good as well though I've never been had this problem been fixed years ago we might not be having this very discussion now.

Nothing beats playing at a suburban groud.

Latest posts