What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘How I Met Your Mother’ Renewed for 9th (and Final) Season

Bulldog Force

Referee
Just watched the latest episode. I thought the Barney segment was pretty cool, and what Ted said to Robin was pretty much what we all thought was going on. Lily and Marshall resolving their problems, as well as Marshalls father making a non-expectant visit (not what you think) were also pretty good.

Danish

Referee
yeah the last ep was actually pretty good. Largely because I can't really think of a single bit of over-the-top nonsense that they tried to pull off (although the flying robin thing was kind of stupid).

The Lily and Marshall fight was actually resolved very cleverly too.

Maybe against the odds we'll see a good end to this show?

Bulldog Force

Referee
yeah the last ep was actually pretty good. Largely because I can't really think of a single bit of over-the-top nonsense that they tried to pull off (although the flying robin thing was kind of stupid).

Yeah the flying Robin thing was pretty bad but when Ted said that he needs to let go, it was more or less just symbolising the way he lost his balloon as a kid.

I think we might see a good end to this show. What I've noticed from that last few episodes is that there have been significantly less laughs than usual - it's more or less a focal on the serious side and the ending of the show now.

I'm still impress with how well done they managed to tie together all the signs in the 2nd-last episode of the mother (bass guitar, bilsons room-mate, yellow umbrella etc...)

Game_Breaker

Coach
I don't know..

Another "Ted letting go of Robin" episode. While the episode wasn't bad Per se, it makes other "Ted letting go of Robin" episodes obsolete. How many times does he have to 'let go' of her?

watatank

Coach
It works well with the previous episode where we hear the mother's story and how she also had to 'let go'. Probably a good way to provide closure on this although I can't help but think they haven't finished exploring that yet. Hope it's not true.

I think there's still 6/7 left (last will probably be double episode), hopefully it's all about the story and no more filler.

Bulldog Force

Referee
It works well with the previous episode where we hear the mother's story and how she also had to 'let go'. Probably a good way to provide closure on this although I can't help but think they haven't finished exploring that yet. Hope it's not true.

I think there's still 6/7 left (last will probably be double episode), hopefully it's all about the story and no more filler.
The one thing that's still getting to me is the beginning of season 8 when we see Ted after the reception at Farhampton train station waiting to catch the train home and talking to that old lady to pass time - he looked a little bumbed out and upset/sad at whatever it was that happened at the wedding. That doesn't sound like he met the mother and fell in love then/there at the wedding, but then we see the yellow umbrella at the train station (assuming that it's the mother wanting to catch the train home too [even though she drove there]).

Game_Breaker

Coach
The one thing that's still getting to me is the beginning of season 8 when we see Ted after the reception at Farhampton train station waiting to catch the train home and talking to that old lady to pass time - he looked a little bumbed out and upset/sad at whatever it was that happened at the wedding. That doesn't sound like he met the mother and fell in love then/there at the wedding, but then we see the yellow umbrella at the train station (assuming that it's the mother wanting to catch the train home too [even though she drove there]).

She didn't drive there, she caught the train. Remember she met Lily on the train on the way there.

that episode in season 8 implied they met after the reception at the train station, but it could just be their second meeting. Perhaps they did meet at the wedding and met again at the train station.

We'll find out soon enough

Bulldog Force

Referee
She didn't drive there, she caught the train. Remember she met Lily on the train on the way there.

that episode in season 8 implied they met after the reception at the train station, but it could just be their second meeting. Perhaps they did meet at the wedding and met again at the train station.

We'll find out soon enough
Oh that's right. That was her bands van that she picked Marshall up in, that's right.

Tommax25

Bench

I have faith. I think they are doing a decent job of it so far this season, although to be fair my expectations were set quite low.

Bulldog Force

Referee
When the show returns we'll have 7-straight episodes to the finale, ending with a double-episode on March 31 (April 1 here).

Game_Breaker

Coach
They haven't told us the Mother's name, but 2 episodes ago she was wearing a necklace in the scene where she at the other MacLarens bar and it looked like it had her name on it.

It started with L, but that's all I could make out. Maybe Lara, Leah?

of course it could just be a decoy

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Have only watched a few episodes this season (not in order, ive missed a few in between), and yet theyre still at the weekend of the wedding. Is it true theyre going to have the whole season the weekend of the wedding?

Thats disappointing.

Its one of my favourite shows but didnt really watch of season 8, I felt the storyline was a bit "meh".

But now season 9 it seems to drag on so much, we're like "just get to the mother FFS".

watatank

Coach
Have only watched a few episodes this season (not in order, ive missed a few in between), and yet theyre still at the weekend of the wedding. Is it true theyre going to have the whole season the weekend of the wedding?

Thats disappointing.

Its one of my favourite shows but didnt really watch of season 8, I felt the storyline was a bit "meh".

But now season 9 it seems to drag on so much, we're like "just get to the mother FFS".

The whole season is pretty much set around the weekend. I think they are up to the morning of the wedding at the moment. But in true HIMYM style there's flashbacks, flashforwards and things like that within the episodes. There's filler as well. There have been a few scenes with the mother already (arguably not enough) and a whole episode was dedicated to what the mother was doing up to that point.

Bulldog Force

Referee

Thats disappointing.

I've heard that it does all revolve around the weekend of the wedding yes. And with only 7 episodes to go, including the finale which is a double-episode, I don't think that it can go an further than that. I think they might have some fast forwards in the finale though. Such as the time he gave proposed to the mother and also to the present (year 2030).

I've heard the actress playing the mother hasn't been told the name of the mother to date!

Bulldog Force

Referee
From the FB page, and I quote "Will Robin be forced to cut ties with Barney before the wedding?"

Interesting...

104335_fox_00364b.jpg

Bulldog Force

Referee
Did anyone get that secret ingredient to the hangover part? Barney said there isn't a secret ingredient etc... but how did it work on him at the end?

Game_Breaker

Coach
Did anyone get that secret ingredient to the hangover part? Barney said there isn't a secret ingredient etc... but how did it work on him at the end?

It didn't work on him at all, it was a placebo effect.

Last weeks episode was interesting, what did people make of Future Ted crying?

Bulldog Force

Referee
It didn't work on him at all, it was a placebo effect.

Last weeks episode was interesting, what did people make of Future Ted crying?
The Mother said something like "Which mum will miss their daughters wedding" - so why did Ted cry over that? I mean... he's not a daughter? Anyway... 4 more to go! Can't wait.

Latest posts