What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘How I Met Your Mother’ Renewed for 9th (and Final) Season

Bulldog Force

Referee
Well, it happened, it finally happened:
The Mother FINALLY makes another appearance in the latest episode, although it's very brief, but after 8 years, we finally see Ted propose!

Danish

Referee
Well, it happened, it finally happened:
The Mother FINALLY makes another appearance in the latest episode, although it's very brief, but after 8 years, we finally see Ted propose!

And just as I'd assumed the mother moment was a let down.

Was it just me, or was that the most forced and fake scene of all time? There was absolutely ZERO chemistry between the mother and Ted (they are up the top of a beautiful lighthouse and Ted is about to propose FFS, and yet the entire scene they are standing about a foot apart from each other), and just the set itself had all the realism of a freaking high school play. A hand rail, plastic lighthouse and then a painted unmoving background.

I'm not even going to bother getting into the rest of the characters given how out of control not funny they are, but f**king hell if that scrambled eggs scene were done 5 seasons ago when the actors and writers actualyl still given a shit it would have been hilarious. Instead it just flatlined the whole way through

Have to say though watching these episodes just to rag on them afterwards is good fun :lol:

Timbo

Staff member
It's just bad now. I feel like I'm watching it out of loyalty at this point because I certainly don't enjoy it anymore.

In fact it's been on a steady downhill slope since the Stella plotline. They aren't even the same characters anymore.

Springs

First Grade
Disappointing. Feels to me like they were working for 4-5 seasons and then just stretched it out as much as they could once it became a cash cow.

Bulldog Force

Referee
What's annoying me the most about this final season, is that so far, everything has been set at the same place, Farhampton Inn, and there is just nothing new. I was loving the old episodes where they would have road trips, or be somewhere in New York doing something (Subway Wars, for instance), and what have you, but this is just... so boring. And every episode starts with XX hours before the wedding. It's like a never-ending countdown.

No wonder why they'll be airing the first 12 episodes (entire first half of a season) without any breaks between... because it's all set in the same place!!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Murphies law strikes again!
So I write how I don't like this season as everything is centred around the wedding at the Farhampton Inn... and then BOOM! The very next episode which aired only hours later is something completely different, another back-track episode of the group with their usual antics around the bar and Ted & Marshall at some sport game arguing about something irrelevant... oh, and at the end it's of course about how Barney met the mother. I'm still wondering which side of the wedding the Mother will be invited from though... could it be Barney after he met her there? But I don't recall him getting her contact details!

natheel

Coach
This show is lost on me. I have stopped watching it as much as I used too but I feel like I owe it to myself to watch it and see how it ends. I'll watch it once its all done though

Anyone here like the show chuck? Finished a year ago but I just downloaded and watched the last season. Bit of a guilty pleasure that show

Munky

Coach
Anyone here like the show chuck? Finished a year ago but I just downloaded and watched the last season. Bit of a guilty pleasure that show

Chuck was awesome, the second and third seasons especially.

How can you not love a show with an episode dedicated to playing Missile Command while listening to Tom Sawyer by Rush

natheel

Coach
Chuck was awesome, the second and third seasons especially.

How can you not love a show with an episode dedicated to playing Missile Command while listening to Tom Sawyer by Rush

Man I loved it hey. I'm getting all the seasons and re-watching them

Game_Breaker

Coach
Murphies law strikes again!
So I write how I don't like this season as everything is centred around the wedding at the Farhampton Inn... and then BOOM! The very next episode which aired only hours later is something completely different, another back-track episode of the group with their usual antics around the bar and Ted & Marshall at some sport game arguing about something irrelevant... oh, and at the end it's of course about how Barney met the mother. I'm still wondering which side of the wedding the Mother will be invited from though... could it be Barney after he met her there? But I don't recall him getting her contact details!

She's the guitarist in the wedding band not a guest, they already mentioned it.

Timbo

Staff member
They've just green-lit a spin off, How I Met Your Dad.

I am not making that up. Just let it die.

Bulldog Force

Referee
They've just green-lit a spin off, How I Met Your Dad.

I am not making that up. Just let it die.
Isn't that the episode from last season (or the season before) of when Robin was explaining to her kids how she met Barney (which is quite ironic given she can't have kids). Or are you referring to something else?

Timbo

Staff member
Isn't that the episode from last season (or the season before) of when Robin was explaining to her kids how she met Barney (which is quite ironic given she can't have kids). Or are you referring to something else?

No it's going to be a full-fledged show in its own right.

Danish

Referee
Has anyone watched the abortion of an episode that is all in rhyme? Worst possible episode of any show I've ever seen, or ever will see.

I watched it from start to finish with my jaw agape at just how terrible it was. Watching the rape scene from American History X on loop for 22 minutes would have been funnier.

The panel of players that were all Barney, I mean f**k me ](*,)

Big Pete

Referee
I basically spent the bulk of that episode wondering if the guy listening to Marshall was Elias from Clerks II. I barely remembered the episode itself but now that I think about it, it was filler for a show that honestly has milked the ever living christ out of it's premise.

Let's not get it twisted, HIMYM was never a classic television show, it was just an above average sit-com with good casting, good narration and a warm tone that made it easy to sit through an entire season. However, it's just sad to see what it's become.

Now that I think about it, I think the last episode was even worse because of just how absurd it was and just another excuse to tell Canadian jokes which have gone well past the overkill mark.

Danish

Referee
Just watched the latest episode and agree. The reveal of the hockey rink at the end was just insanely implausible and ridiculous, even for HIMYM which often pushed the boundaries or reality and fantasy.

As you say it was never a great show, but it was a great sitcom. One of the last laugh track sitcoms I enjoyed, just good comfort TV with predictable but funny jokes and the occasionally brilliant bit of drama (the lily Marshall break up and Marshall's dad dying arcs being the highlights for me).

Latest posts