What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: Centenary Test :: Australia v NZ @ SCG

Centenary Test Result :: Australia v New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simo

First Grade
Carl Webb for Aus????? Unbelievable and no way is he in the best 17 in my opinion.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Carl Webb? LOL
The QLD contingent has pulled out another fast one.

I agree with the sentiment in this thread.
Brett Kite is a myth.

Absolute travesty!
Anthony Laffranchi misses out again :(

Ari Gold

Bench
I'd pick something like this

1. Webb/Perrett
2. Nightingale
3. Sa
4. Soliola
5. SKD
6. Marshall
7. Roberts
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. A Blair
11. J Smith
12. Faalogo/Eastwood
13. SBW

14. Moi Moi/Rapira
15. Pritchard
16. J Lima
17. L Hohaia/Halatau

Trentski

Juniors
How did Gaz make the aus team? He has done nothing special all year

seriously reputation speaks louder than form

Brent freakin kite...if there was ever a Bozo influence in the team then this guy show it..Selectors should be made to justify.No way hes above alllll the other players mentioned

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't see why anyone is surprised by Kite's selection, he has been consistently picked for the last 2 years

c_eagle

Juniors
Kite averages 24 tackles and 12 hit ups a game (3rd in the league) at an average of 10 metres per run. Pretty good stats btw. He is the incumbent too, you don't lose a test spot with those numbers.

Compare that to Mr. "74 minutes for 2 hits ups" Tupou who seems to slide into the team without question.

Even Jason King looks more dangerous than kite c eagle..the guy lumbers it up a couple of times in his 15 mins on the field and does his job at tackling players that run at him..them he goes off and has a nice little rest...most park guys can come up with those numbers

c_eagle

Juniors
Even Jason King looks more dangerous than kite c eagle..the guy lumbers it up a couple of times in his 15 mins on the field and does his job at tackling players that run at him..them he goes off and has a nice little rest...most park guys can come up with those numbers
What a load of rubbish. He played almost 70 minutes on Saturday.

People might not like the guy but he's one of the most valuable members of our team and is currently our forward leader. We haven't missed the 8 since he's arrived, btw.

lockyno1

Post Whore
How did Gaz make the aus team? He has done nothing special all year

seriously reputation speaks louder than form

Apart from Hodges who else would you have picked? And don't say Inglis and Folau as we have a vast shortage of wingers as Hayne has been tripe!

c_eagle

Juniors
70 minutes!...gezuz he must have been bloody hiding then..afraid your in the minority with this one c eagle
66 minutes, 11 hit ups at 14 metres per run. He also made 28 tackles.

So yeh, maybe you're not very good at analysing football?

As for the GF, no one played well. If Kite had the game of his life, we still would have lost. We beat every team last year other than Melbourne very convincingly. It's easy to discredit our whole season because of one lousy performance but our team was very strong last year. Kite deserves all the rep honours that he's been given.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
70 minutes!...gezuz he must have been bloody hiding then..afraid your in the minority with this one c eagle

Yeah, hiding for every one of his 150m :lol:

Kite's main issue seems to be that he hasn't got the flashy offload and 1-2 rampaging runs every game, he just does his role in the team while the flashy blokes get the attention

So far in 08, hasn't been in top class form, possibly from playing a bit much in the backrow early on, but his last 2 efforts have been outstanding, and he is getting more minutes

League Legend

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Inglis
3. Gasnier
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Civoniceva
9. Smith
10. Mason
11. Hindmash
12. Laffranchi (prob not, but he deserves a spot)
13. Bird

14. Tupou
15. Webb
16. Hannant (my bolter)
17. Gidley

IMO, which isn't worth much. lol. Sorry to the Sharks fans but I didn't put Gallen in purely out of he as just come off suspension and there are guys who have played all game and deserve to be there. Yes you could argue Hindmash should not be there but he was born to play test football, he will top the tackle count and do his fair share of carting the ball forward. (BTW, can't believe some of you guys are picking Hayne - he is not showing any form at all)

Oh well I was close with the side I picked.

shiznit

Coach
i reckon the kiwis are more than good enough to cover most of that roos side. especially since most of our guys play with and against them week in week out in the NRL.

its mainly around direction that we have major problems. our havles just dont control the side like the aussies do. we play with next to no structure which means our trys usually come from opposition mistakes(very rare against the roos) or a one off moment of briliance which usually requires an large element of risk against the most clinical side in RL.

i would imagine if a Scotty Prince or Cooper Cronk was a kiwi the odds would shorten by a hell of alot.

flamin

Juniors
its mainly around direction that we have major problems. our havles just dont control the side like the aussies do. we play with next to no structure which means our trys usually come from opposition mistakes(very rare against the roos) or a one off moment of briliance which usually requires an large element of risk against the most clinical side in RL.

i would imagine if a Scotty Prince or Cooper Cronk was a kiwi the odds would shorten by a hell of alot.

Definitely agree. Have been saying that since you guys lost Stacey Jones.

lotti

Bench
IMO it won't matter who gets picked...I cannot see the Kiwis getting close (although you will hear it if they do !!!!).

With Smith, Lockyer, Folau and Slater you guys will absolutely kill the Kiwis with any attacking opprtunity.

IMO Carl Webb has bee selected on past reputation and the "tough boy" image along with the likes of Gallen and Mason sends a message to the Kiwis that this game will be won in the forward battle.

The question is will Kearney pick a side with a large pack or will he mix it up and pick a side that plays a fast game instead to slow the Aussie forwards ??.
Kearney might give away the Storm boys secrets, Bennett he'll definately will be able to advise the best way to counter act the 2 Broncos on the Aussie team.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The NZ squad just announced

Asotasi (c)
Blair
Cayless
Fa'alogo
Halatau
Hohaia
Kidwell
Luke
Leuluai