What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: Centenary Test :: Australia v NZ @ SCG

Centenary Test Result :: Australia v New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Apparently Kidwell was only brought in to act as a mentor throughout training this week. Also to cover for injuries.

Im going for Australia, but for the good of the game, if NZ win, ill cheer it.

Azkatro

First Grade
i'm suprised as well, i would have dropped kidwell ages ago, selectors seem to love him, or maybe because we had no1 else, but glad hes only playing a 'advisory role' cause i dont rate him at all at international level, way past his prime.
If you look at his career he only really played well (and I mean representative well) at Melbourne, never has showed much while at Adelaide, Parra, the Roosters or Souths.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I've got a funny feeling that NZ will win 1-12. :shock:

For the sake of the international game, I hope they do.

If we win, hopefully its a close one.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Same, for the good of the game I hope NZ win and win in a close exciting match to.

But Australia is really going to hammer the Kiwis, its just going to be painful.

Alehana

Juniors
i'm glad im' working in a bar with no tv's or anything, i have a feeling an annihaliation is on our hands, every year every1 claims dont right NZ off, but its just to predictable, its happening this year as well, i reckon much as i hate it aus will kill NZ

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
NZ to win, FFS Australia have a 5/8 on the wing!! JK.

I guess in most peoples view Inglis will always be known as more of a danger out wide. Gotta feel for some of these wingers who take a back seat to this guy.

Im hoping for a NZ win, but if Aussie beat us i hope its not a thrashing.

Alehana

Juniors
i was watching nrl on fox, and the Whizz thought kidwell should be back in the team cause of form and that NZ would win

I seem to remember he tipped the warriors to win the gf in 2001, and looked what happened, hes a very brave man.

Just saw on tv that this game is being televised in the 830 timeslot here in adelaide. I find this amazing purely because we never get club games, state of origin, finals or the grand final at a respectable hour. This is great news, but somewhat strange.

no name

Coach
i was watching nrl on fox, and the Whizz thought kidwell should be back in the team cause of form and that NZ would win

I seem to remember he tipped the warriors to win the gf in 2001, and looked what happened, hes a very brave man.

Warriors weren't in the 2001 gf so he is a very brave man indeed.

Chicken hunter, I think the reason the game is being shown at reasonable times in the AFL states is there is no AFL on Friday night

Knight87

Juniors
Just saw on tv that this game is being televised in the 830 timeslot here in adelaide. I find this amazing purely because we never get club games, state of origin, finals or the grand final at a respectable hour. This is great news, but somewhat strange.

Wow! That's a change. Especially, in an AFL dominated city like Adelaide (that has the highest % representation/city of AFL supporters). So, with the game being live at 7:30pm in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane (although it kicks of at 8pm), the game at 8:30pm in Adelaide (9pm Sydney time, which means game is on 1 hr delay in Adelaide), that's all good news. I wonder what time it's on at a similar time in Perth, or if its at midnight (like FNF is normally over there)?

Alehana

Juniors
yeh its on at 12 on friday here in perth

we have alexander the movie at 8:30

FFS we get the rough end- thats why i've got foxtel, ch 9 is sh!t

Knight87

Juniors
yep, youre dead right. It's on in Adelaide from 8:30pm-10:30pm (1 hr delay). Well, at least, you won't have to put up with the 30 mins of prematch blabble that the ppl watching live have to. But, those who live in the regional areas (ie Central SA) get to see the game live.

Knight87

Juniors
yeh its on at 12 on friday here in perth

we have alexander the movie at 8:30

FFS we get the rough end- thats why i've got foxtel, ch 9 is sh!t

That just doesn't make sense. All other 4 major cities (even Adelaide, the AFL dominated city) get to see the game at a decent time, yet Perth, who gets the Sunday game at the same time as the NSW/QLD ppl, doesn't get this game shown till the late hours of night? That's disgraceful and completely unacceptable! I wonder what time it's on Fox Sports though, cause it could be a very long wait if its on late at night (although in WA viewers favour, the time difference will make things easier, being 2 hrs earlier from Eastern States).

If I was you, I'd be writing in a letter of complaint to whoever the Ch9 affiliate is over there in WA.

Knight87

Juniors
Just looked at the Foxtel tv guide on the net, it's on Fox Sports 2 at 11pm AEST, so that'd make it 9pm in WA, which, if you have Foxtel, is a saving grace. You get to see the match at a decent time, and better, without all the ads saturated all over the telecast (as it's only 1 1/2 hrs on Foxtel).

hitman82

Bench
With the World Cup in mind, it'd certainly be nice to see a close game. It wouldn't surprise me if a few calls go the Kiwis' way...