What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: Centenary Test :: Australia v NZ @ SCG

Centenary Test Result :: Australia v New Zealand

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For those wondering who is actually who:

Roy Asotasi (c) SOU, Adam Blair MEL, Nathan Cayless PAR, David Fa'alogo SOU
Dene Halatau WES, Lance Hohaia NZW, David Kidwell SOU, Issac Luke SOU
Thomas Leuluai WIG, Simon Mannering NZW, Jason Nightingale STG, Sam Perrett SYD
Frank Pritchard PEN, Ben Roberts BUL, Setimaita Sa SYD, Jeremy Smith MEL
Iosia Soliola SYD, Brent Webb LEE, Sonny Bill Williams BUL

There are a couple of Smith's at the Storm alone, a few Webb's playing RL, Williams' and Roberts' too. ;-)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
LOL, I couldn't be bothered going through and doing that, thought there would be some sort of official release out by now, team read out on Radio about an hour ago

Timmah

Staff member
Which drew with city, you idiot.

Match day for those interested:
4.15pm: Members and Public gates open
4.25pm: Preliminary 1 game - U16s Indigenous Match NSW v QLD
5.50pm: Preliminary 2 game - Defence Force Match Army v Navy
8.00pm: Centenary Test Match - Australia v New Zealand

grouch

First Grade
It's true, there are similarities. Country were a good side that were forced to carry a lumpy passenger in Hindmarsh, while NZ are a good side forced to carry passenger Cayless.

Billythekid

First Grade
Kidwell hasn't shown anything that makes me thinks he deserves his spot. At souths his been pedestrian and i can't help but think he is gonna get shown up against Australia.

Looking at that kiwi side it's hard to see any result but Australia by a wide margin.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Kidwell hasn't shown anything that makes me thinks he deserves his spot. At souths his been pedestrian and i can't help but think he is gonna get shown up against Australia.

Looking at that kiwi side it's hard to see any result but Australia by a wide margin.

Word is that Kidwell won't play but will be 18th man and will provide experience etc for the week in camp.

The inclusion of Webb and Leuluai gives me hope for a competitive match. Webb has proved himself to be a world class fullback and Leuluai while not perfect, has a fair amount of experience and has beaten Australia playing 7 before and is a sh*teload better option than J Smith.

I think this game will be a lot closer than people think. With Bennett and Kearney involved and Wiki and Stace in camp with the boys as well i think we may see a big step forward for the Kiwis (which admittedly, wouldn't be hard)

Rovelli

Bench
Australia should win easy, but hopefully it's a close game. I'm not holding my breath for it though.

ozenzud

Juniors
With RL player resources in excess of (for example) the combined RU countries of South Africa and England (who played in the last world cup final), Australia should always win. Victoria, has more registered RL Players than NZ.

More of a worry is that fat, lazy Sydney people have not turned out to support the game. 6000 tickets sold. Thats embarrising!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im going, wasnt going to because of some reason I thought that the crowd would of been good, but now after just finding out there is only 6000 tickets sold, ill be there and bringing my family and my girlfriends family. Good 15 people there.

Timmah

Staff member
Referee
Ashley Klein (GB)
Sideline Officials: L Williamson [NZ] and S Chiddy [Aust]
Video Referee: B Harrigan [Aust] & D Pakieto [NZ]

hitman82

Bench
Glad to see neutral officials. That's great work for a change.
I expect to see victory to Australia by a good 10 points, maybe 20 if the Kiwis get run ragged near the end.
But this is definitely the best team we could currently pick, and no doubt the Kiwis will come out firing. Here's hoping we can rattle a few players and conjure up a rare win!

Azkatro

First Grade
Why is Ashley Klein being billed as English? He's an Aussie!

Also I just bought tickets & PAX is up to 17,923.

Why is Ashley Klein being billed as English? He's an Aussie!

Also I just bought tickets & PAX is up to 17,923.

I heard Geoff Carr mention 17K on the radio this morning , good to see he wasnt telling porkies.

Seems like there has been a bit of a ticket surge. Ticket sales should easily be about 21 or 22K by kick off time , add to this walk ups and members and we may just crack 30K.

30K would be decent and at least make the ground look reasonably full.

Still this match deserves a sell out.

Timmah

Staff member
Still quite surprised NZ dropped Kidwell tbh.

Alehana

Juniors
i'm suprised as well, i would have dropped kidwell ages ago, selectors seem to love him, or maybe because we had no1 else, but glad hes only playing a 'advisory role' cause i dont rate him at all at international level, way past his prime.