What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R19 MNF :: Storm 26 Dragons 0 @ Olympic

Round 19 Result :: Storm v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eastsrule

Bench
ABC Radio said he was sent off for kicking another player.

It was a little bit of a stomp with the studs on the foot of the other prop. Any other situation it would have been a penalty. But Ryles clearly did it to try and start another fight, he wasn't very covert which was his downfall.

Whilst the offence was minimal and at worst was a sin bin, the refs are told to take it a step further and there is no "in between" a sin bin and a send off.

Timbo

Staff member
ABC Radio said he was sent off for kicking another player.

When you see it you'll agree with me.

He was basically stepping on his opposing props foot in a scrum. You could almost argue he was striking at the ball.

hellteam

First Grade
I agree with the send off, theres some things in footy that if you do, you get sent off, no matter how bad it is. Kicking/Stomping is one of them. Especially after everyone was warned.

Greg Alexander is a d*ckhead. Always talking everyone down, saying what everyone should have down and implying that they are idiots for not doing it. Players and ref included.

And whats with the main commentator (not sure what name is) always calling the players boys/kids/little boys? Really weird.

nadine

Juniors
Lima scored. 10-0 Storm.

I would have sin-binned Ryles but not sent him off. At least he'll remember his 150th match for not the right reasons..

eastsrule

Bench
I agree with the send off, theres some things in footy that if you do, you get sent off, no matter how bad it is. Kicking/Stomping is one of them. Especially after everyone was warned.

Greg Alexander is a d*ckhead. Always talking everyone down, saying what everyone should have down and implying that they are idiots for not doing it. Players and ref included.

And whats with the main commentator (not sure what name is) always calling the players boys/kids/little boys? Really weird.

The main play-by-play commentator is aweful. He has said some incredibly stupid things.

Bazal

Post Whore
When you see it you'll agree with me.

He was basically stepping on his opposing props foot in a scrum. You could almost argue he was striking at the ball.

Exactly. There was nothing in it. Ludicrous to send him from the field...even a sin bin would be harsh but probably warranted within the climate of the match, a send off was just insane.

pantherz9103

First Grade

Oh he's a dickhead is he? Just because he's not everyone's best mate, like some of the channel 9 commentators :sarcasm:

no name

Coach
Nothing in the send off. I was surprised it was even a penalty, you see those kinds of things happen in lots of scrums.
As for the blue, had did Crocker escape scot free? He was clearly the 3rd man in and had he not been there i doubt it would have escalated to what happened.