What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R19 MNF :: Storm 26 Dragons 0 @ Olympic

Round 19 Result :: Storm v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lsta5838

Juniors
Just saw the replay too.

Either Crocker or Lima firstly stood on Ryles' foot first, then Ryles did it to them, then Crocker or Lima kicked Ryles, then Ryles kicked them! None of the events were a send off, but the instigator (ie Storm player) should have been sent if any!! absolute joke. Imagine if it was not at Olympic Park - the crowd would have gone nuts!

Bazal

Post Whore
If Ryles deserved to go so did the Storm Prop.

A kick is an AUTOMATIC send... so IMO both deserved to go.

Yeah but, if I were reffing, that's not a kick Benny just a bit of footsies...happens every single scrum.

simmo1

First Grade
Joke of a send-off.

If it was any other game, I would say a penalty would be a harsh call. However, given they were warned and Ryles was clearly being a sh*t-stirrer, it may have warranted a penalty. Its a physical game for f**k sake.

hellteam

First Grade
No it wouldn't.

I was wondering when someone would chime in " Waiting for someone to chime in with a, "I wonder if it'd be a send off if it was a player from a team other then the Dragons " I was wondering when someone would chime in " I wonder if it'd be a send off if it was a player from a team other then the Dragons ".

Nice one. It had nothing to do with it being Ryles. The ref saw a kick, so he sent the player off. I know you're not going to accept that because he's from your team.

skeepe

Immortal
Yep agree with Stranger... the Storm player should have been sent off also.

Oh and if you're trying to tell me that Michael Weyman hitting a player who was squaring up to him is worse than Billy Slater launching a barrage into a player's back, I'm not here. Slater is the dirtiest merkin in the game and deserves all the filth paid back to him 100 fold.

Patorick

Staff member
Andy Raymond says the weirdest things.

At the beginnng of the season he usually says things like 'Congratulations to [insert player], he married his fiance over the off season' or 'he and his partner had a child over the off season'.

However when he runs out of kids and wives to talk about, he started congratulating players on buying new pets and other random things.

Was pretty funny though.

That sums him up well, all he knows about the game is read in the paper or a magazine.

Joke of a send-off.

If it was any other game, I would say a penalty would be a harsh call. However, given they were warned and Ryles was clearly being a sh*t-stirrer, it may have warranted a penalty. Its a physical game for f**k sake.

refs are afl fans they dont like Physical games

Stranger

Coach
Yeah but, if I were reffing, that's not a kick Benny just a bit of footsies...happens every single scrum.

Thats a kick for sure and by the letter of the law, both deserved to go.

Might seem weak... but thats the rules...

Uhhh ohh... Skeepe and i agree:oops:

Digeze

Juniors
The Biff was great. Maybe that's what we need a little more of down in Melbourne to catch the Victorians imagination :)

Bazal

Post Whore
Thats a kick for sure and by the letter of the law, both deserved to go.

Might seem weak... but thats the rules...

Uhhh ohh... Skeepe and i agree:oops:

You see worse every week tbh. Nothing in it, which is why the laws allow discretion. Kneejerk send off tbh...

Smith penalised for obstruction BTW...surprised he wasn't sent off :sarcasm:

hellteam

First Grade
Storm should have got a scrum feed then. They got no advantage from Morris (I think) knocking the ball on before it went to Smith and he ran behind his players.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Nice one. It had nothing to do with it being Ryles. The ref saw a kick, so he sent the player off. I know you're not going to accept that because he's from your team.

Yeah, cuz you can't have an opinion which favours the team you support. :lol:

eddiesmith

Juniors
I cant wait to see Storm fans reactions tonight :D No doubt it will be all the Dragons who were dirty and they are the cleanest team in the league, probably a bit of ref abuse as well for binning their perfect stars :D

Patorick

Staff member
Dragons have given some stupid penalties tonight. Those leg pulls have been blatent, can't blame Badger for them.

bartman

Immortal
Lima > Ryles in the IQ contest. Played him for a mug and Ryles gave the over-reaction, right in front of the ref's eyes following the warnings about the niggle in the game. Dumb play.

The send off will be controversial, simply because they hardly march anyone these days, and if you look hard you'll see the Storm instigate. But poor Rylesy showed his brains by reacting so obviously with his outside foot, right under the ref's nose. Good brains are hard to come by...

Latest posts