What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R26 Fri :: Broncos 24 Knights 2 @ Suncorp

Round 26 Result :: Broncos v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

salivor

First Grade
Gotta laugh at Gus though suddenly putting us up on the same level as Melbourne. Me thinks Gus is just trying to take the pressure off his Roosters for next week's semi.

Knightmare

Coach
It would be interesting to see how the game might have turned out had someone other than Archer referee it. His inconsistencies are still a source of bewilderment.

JW

Coach
Much better performance tonight. Brings a bit more confidence ahead of the finals next week. We haven't got any consistent form on the board, so hopefully we can keep rolling into next week against a side we've had reasonable success against in recent years.

Finishing 5th will almost certainly give us two lives in the finals, so i'm quietly confident of our chances of progressing deep into the playoffs. Still think we might be a bit too patchy to trouble the top 2 - we'll have to be absolutely red hot on the day for the full 80.

Bad luck to the Knights - a case of the butterfingers tonight but very spirited in defence. Good luck with the nervous wait.

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
Gotta laugh at Gus though suddenly putting us up on the same level as Melbourne. Me thinks Gus is just trying to take the pressure off his Roosters for next week's semi.

They should be up there with Melbourne have a look at the team. They should beat Manly. The Brisbane backline is vastly superior and the forward packs probably better as well. Melbourne and Brisbane are the two best sides in the comp. They have the most firepower and one of them will win it. To suggest Brisbane can't beat Melbourne is stupid. They have an equal number of stars.

Ghoulies

Bench
Nah, Manly's pack is better. I'd say they have the best in the comp actually. It's just suspect halves and the lack of another star in the backline to compliment Stewart.

Jordan

Juniors
I thought Hodges looked like a dead ringer of Israel Folau with his face puffed up like it was. :p

jarro

Juniors
Great win to the Broncos !!

That's the sort of form we knew they had in them somewhere, just glad they got it out before the finals.

I agree that Archer had a shocker ... he always does, but tell me a ref that's not having shockers week in week out ?

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
Nah, Manly's pack is better. I'd say they have the best in the comp actually. It's just suspect halves and the lack of another star in the backline to compliment Stewart.

Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Hall, Glenn Stewart
Interchange: Heath L'Estrange, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson, Jason King

What's so good about that? Kite and Perry are ok. Nothing to fear. They have a good back row but there bench is hardly star studded.

I'd rather have.

Clinton, Ennis, Hannant, Thaiday, Parker, Caroll, Interchance: Simms, Stagg, Eastwood, Kenny/Taylor.

We have a better hooker, A better backrow and as good a bench. Their props are no better either. If Manly do have an edge in the forwards its small. Melbourne and Brisbane have a lot more attacking fire power than them though. They are a class above Manly.

renouf

Juniors
Brent Kite, Matt Ballin, Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Hall, Glenn Stewart
Interchange: Heath L'Estrange, Mark Bryant, Adam Cuthbertson, Jason King

What's so good about that? Kite and Perry are ok. Nothing to fear. They have a good back row but there bench is hardly star studded.

I'd rather have.

Clinton, Ennis, Hannant, Thaiday, Parker, Caroll, Interchance: Simms, Stagg, Eastwood, Kenny/Taylor.

We have a better hooker, A better backrow and as good a bench. Their props are no better either. If Manly do have an edge in the forwards its small. Melbourne and Brisbane have a lot more attacking fire power than them though. They are a class above Manly.

I agree about our backline and I don't think we'll have any problems containing their forward pack.

Soooo no one mention the dog act by lockyer to get score to 2-0..Not important in the overall score but if that what makes him wobbly on his feet then its laffable what passes as a high shot these days

Ghoulies

Bench
Soooo no one mention the dog act by lockyer to get score to 2-0..Not important in the overall score but if that what makes him wobbly on his feet then its laffable what passes as a high shot these days
Oh piss off you nong. He got hit across the jaw by a prop forward. No one has mentioned it because it was a total non-event.

Shorty

Staff member
How crook was Hodges?!
I enjoyed this game but two things irked me,the ref was on drugs and Hodges was sick as a dog!
Who had him put on the field? What the f**k is wrong with these doctors,rocks in their heads!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
You must be geniused, it was a professional foul.
Professional foul yes. Billy Slater did the exact same thing (if not worse) last week in a definite try scoring opportunity, yet he stays on the field. Inconsistencies in the refereeing are absolutely incredible.

Twigg

Juniors
Certain species of players (ie: Slater) are not allowed to be sent to the bin. :sarcasm:

Latest posts