What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R4 Fri :: Storm 28 Broncos 8 @ Olympic

Round 4 Result :: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shorty said:
Broncs beat us because we were woeful,same deal with Panthers.
They beat the Roosters..on controversial grounds - But still beat them none the less.

I think I will tip the Broncos because Storm most probably aren't going to change their game plan and it's going to get exploited again - Just on this fact alone I think Broncos will win.

If Storm do improve from last week and turn up different,they'll probably win...hard game really.

Agree..Cronk bombing to Falou and Turner is no longer working. It was unique last year but teams are simply crowding the winger and blocking the space so that they cannot time their jump.

Storm need to go back to a combo of bombs and short passes off the ruck...the likes of Lima, Blair and Kaufusi running one out can create gaps for Slater to exploit of a quick play on the next tackle.

MC DUI

Juniors
JW said:
Hodges (Knee/Hamy) and Marsh (Ribs) are out.

That is fairly big news right there if true!

Surely there is a limit to the Broncos form if you keep taking out their form players...
But I suppose they just seem to replace them with young guns from the QLD Cup.

EDIT - Didn't realise K.Hunt and Lockyer were back, that would have to soften the blow somewhat.

Shorty

Staff member
JW said:
Hodges (Knee/Hamy) and Marsh (Ribs) are out.
Yes Marsh is out,Hodges is in doubt and Lockyer is yet to be named.
With those factors Melbourne must be a bit more likely...

Shorty said:
Yes Marsh is out,Hodges is in doubt and Lockyer is yet to be named.
With those factors Melbourne must be a bit more likely...

Lockyer will play...

I hope the weather is a bit better tomorrow...gale force winds in Melbourne today and yesterday !!.

Weather looks good today...should be a fine night.

Any news on Lockyer ???.

Wonder if Crocker will be included ??.

Shorty

Staff member
Good thing for the Storm is,Lockyer is obviously still substantially injured if they're giving him time to become fit before the match(it's obviously what they're doing).
So he won't be so dominant.

JW

Coach
Hodges out, Lockyer expected to play
April 04, 2008

BRISBANE Test centre Justin Hodges has been officially ruled out of the Broncos NRL showdown with Melbourne at Olympic Park with a hamstring injury.

The good news for Broncos fans is skipper Darren Lockyer is expected to play after concerns over his right knee.

Lockyer is tipped to come off the bench as he did against Penrith and the Roosters before missing last week's game against the Cowboys.

Brisbane will also welcome back prop Joel Clinton and representative full-back Karmichael Hunt from injury.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23483311-23214,00.html

Big Pete

Referee
Storm pepper the Broncos line again however Denan Kemp is able to defuse a dangerous situation.

Big Pete

Referee
Another penalty to the Storm gives them superb field territory.

Hoffman makes a break...but is brought down.

Try to Anthony Quinn

Latest posts