What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: R4 Fri :: Storm 28 Broncos 8 @ Olympic

Round 4 Result :: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

mel-main.jpg

MELBOURNE
1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner, 3. Will Chambers, 4. Israel Folau, 5. Anthony Quinn
6. Greg Inglis, 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jeff Lima, 9. Cam Smith ©, 10. Adam Blair
11. Jeremy Smith, 12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson​

Int - 14. Matt Geyer, 15. Antonio Kaufusi, 16. Sika Manu, 17. Clifford Manua​

bri-alt.jpg

BRISBANE
1 Karmichael Hunt
2 Reece Robinson, 3 Steve Michaels, 4 Justin Hodges, 5 Darius Boyd
6 Darren Lockyer ©, 7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant, 9 PJ Marsh, 10 Sam Thaiday
11 David Stagg, 12 Ashton Sims
13 Tonie Carroll​

Int - 14 Michael Ennis, 15 Joel Clinton, 16 Greg Eastwood, 17 Nick Kenny​

ref-orange.jpg

Referee
JARRED MAXWELL
Sideline Officials: Chris James & Paul Holland
Video Referee: Phil Cooley​

SCHEDULE
5:00pm Gates open
5:15pm Toyota Cup: Storm v Broncos
7:30pm NRL: Storm v Broncos​

RELATED MATCHES
Toyota Cup Storm v Broncos @ Olympic, Fri 5:15pm
NSW Cup Central Coast v Norths @ Morrie Breen Oval Kanwal, Sat 3:00pm​

lotti

Bench
I'll be at this game with my buck the broncos shirt on. I would like for Melbourne to do what Manly did to the Warriors tonight but without the try from the opposition and an extra 4 points.

Shorty

Staff member
It's probably going to be the opposite Lotti,going on the past few games...

Ice777

Bench
The Bronco's are flying and by far the form team of the comp. The Storm are just traveling and hardly striking any fear into anyone at this early stage of the season. That being said i'm quietly confident that we'll turn it around this week and have a win.

We've been well below par and i have a feeling that playing the Bronc's and all the other sh*t that has gone down will bring out our best at home and get over the line.

Butters

Bench
Melbourne to turn a corner here and get back to the form of 06-07. Melbourne to win 16-6

Not sure about this one...Storm need to start with 100% intensity. They are not matching their opposition from the kick off and play catch up pretty much the whole game.

No Crocker again ???...I reckon there will be a late change ??.

Quinn and Folau will need to be on their game against Hodges and Boyd. A lot of tries have been scored by these two and the Sharks killed them down this side as well.

Having said all that...OP on a Friday night carries weight and Storm will win this by 8.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm tipping Storm here.

Main reason is i can't see them losing 3 in a row, and the Broncos have to lose one sooner or later. That said, i'm not feeling very confident. The Broncos are in great form and it will take a great 80minute performance to beat them.

Timmah

Staff member
I tipped the Storm last week because I couldn't see them losing back to back.

This week I'm not taking that risk. Brisbane are the form team of the comp and snotted NQ even without Hunt and Locky. They'll win this.

Shorty

Staff member
Broncs beat us because we were woeful,same deal with Panthers.
They beat the Roosters..on controversial grounds - But still beat them none the less.

I think I will tip the Broncos because Storm most probably aren't going to change their game plan and it's going to get exploited again - Just on this fact alone I think Broncos will win.

If Storm do improve from last week and turn up different,they'll probably win...hard game really.

lotti

Bench
oh no not the Maxwell/Cooley double couldn't the NRL have found someone better than them?

Timmah

Staff member
They did it to piss you off lotti.

Now off to the Manly thread, turncoat :arrow:

miccle

Bench
Tipping and obviously hoping for a Broncos win.

Not confident, though. Storm are class across the park and won't want to lose 3 in a row. With no confidence at all, Brisbane, but I just can't wait to see what will hopefully be a really good clash.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not confident one bit in this one, but I will say this if Melbourne lose this one, they could struggle a bit to get a top 4 finish.

Latest posts