What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edabomb

First Grade
agreed
we've looked likely to score every time its gone down that side close to the line

Cant believe that Hayne try wasnt awarded. :crazy:

That right side is gonna need a revamp. Pea hearted Lyon is doing nothing, as expected.

Glenn

First Grade
QLD deserve to be in front but probably only by 6. The Blues didn't show an urgency to chase the Falou kick and were punished but seriously no matter who wins something has to be done about penalties given for a play of the ball when the ref believes the player is not held. Creagh was hard done by, I would hate that penalty in a GF.

If a player tries to offload after being called held, if deemed accidental it is a scrum with the loose and feed to the defending team, why can't that be the same in the case of Creagh who thought he was tackled and went for a quick play the ball. :crazy:

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
NSW left/QLD right is where all the action is

Hayne, Jennings, Farah = dangerous

Price and Civoniceva are dominant again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
How will Harrigan deny this seeing as he can't adjudicate on forward passes?
Well regardless of that, it didn't look forward.

Handy advice folks, if you can't ignore the commentators, turn down the sound. They're making it up as they go along.

OVP

Coach
Archer is the sh*ttest ref since Steve f**k. Shayne Hayne hasnt been all that bad, he should be the main man.

I don't care if Queensland win after playing well. They have played well in the first half and deserve the lead. But ffs if the refs continue to ruin the highlight of the football year with bad calls I think the NRL seriously need to rethink things.

Raider_69

Post Whore
That right side is gonna need a revamp. Pea hearted Lyon is doing nothing, as expected.

Giddley looks like the only bloke on the right who's trying
im sure they are but they are being completely dominated. Jimmy Macs not had a good night so far. Lyon has been ordinary. Wallace dire. And Giddley is trying but no one is going with him.

Apey

Staff member
Also, is it just me or was Gidley's positioning for the Thurston and Slater tries poor?

And Campese should not be allowed kick in general play.

Thurston one is a bit harsh. He was coming across and the Folau noticed this and kicked in behind him. The real people to blame for this try and the ones who Thurston ran past to jump on the ball :?

Can't remember where he was on the Slater one so can't comment.. he probably should have been there.

NSW looking a little shell-shocked and doing pretty well to only be behind by 12. QLD are outplaying us but are getting some ridiculous calls in their favour.

Carn the second half. We have the ability to score points, we just have to stop dropping the ball and sh*t.

Go NSW!!!

DJShaksta

First Grade
Next moron to even mention Laffranchi and O'Donnell in the same breath as Gallen let alone try and say they are better than Gal, needs to rewatch that first half.
Both have been useless.
O'Donnell stood there while JT ran past and scored FFS.

Cletus

First Grade
Also, is it just me or was Gidley's positioning for the Thurston and Slater tries poor?

And Campese should not be allowed kick in general play.

I thought Gidley was out of position but apart from that he's been good.

I don't care if Queensland win after playing well. They have played well in the first half and deserve the lead. But ffs if the refs continue to ruin the highlight of the football year with bad calls I think the NRL seriously need to rethink things.

Completely agree, the referees are not the sole reason why QLD are winning. But for gods sake just call the game fairly!

Apey

Staff member
McManus hasn't been too bad. I think quiet would be the best term. Much like that whole side.

macavity

Referee
I can't believe people saying Farah has been good.

very disappointing for mine.

blues best have been hayne, gidley, creagh.

as usual Kite is woeful at rep level. In fact all of our props are awfully out of their depth.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Forget the refereeing, NSW need to realise they have 12 other blokes on their side and start working for each other. c.f. the Dragons this year vs the Dragons for the last 10 years. Hopefully Bellyache gave them an absolute blast at half time. If there's not some paint gone from the walls in the Blues dressing room, he hasn't done his job.