What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: PF2 Sat :: Storm 40 Broncos 10 @ Etihad

2009 Grand Finalist #2: Storm or Broncos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Butters

Bench
Melbourne 32-10

Cooper Cronk to get a double and completely dominate Lockyer in all aspects.

sallymay

Juniors
just letting all know Billy needs 2 trys to get to 100 for the storm i think he will proberly get it on sat or in the grannie against hayne

Big Pete

Referee
Shorty - I'd suggest he's sick of the media beat up. Fair enough, he's been riding on his past success through out most of this year but he's been a very worthy recipient if otherwise.

Should be a great game, lets show those Sydney folk how Rugby League is played. :)

DeeJ

Bench
Storm by 4. The Broncos are no finals novices, and they've done it before without a halfback (sorry Shane Perry, but it's the truth!), but the week off will have given plenty of time to prepare and the home ground advantage is too strong down there.

How was Shane Perry not a half back?

Am I the only one that sees a comparison with the 2008 Cronulla Sharks and this Melbourne team?

Think about it. They came into the finals on the back of some momentum after beating a few teams outside the 8, beat a mistake-riddled team in the first week and were gifted a week off after other results went their way. And now they play a team coming off their game of the season and missing a playmaker...hmm...and then they were kept to nil at home in the prelim.

(well, Andrew can hope anyway)

sallymay

Juniors
no way ur dreaming
this game is gonna be like origin and storm will win
karmicheal will lose on his new home soil how ironic

Noa

First Grade
Storm by 4. The Broncos are no finals novices, and they've done it before without a halfback (sorry Shane Perry, but it's the truth!), but the week off will have given plenty of time to prepare and the home ground advantage is too strong down there.

They also had in the side.

Shane Webcke
Petero Civoniceva
Shaun Berrigan
Brad Thorn

That more then offest the lack of a decent 7.

Sleep

Juniors
It's funny the same people who were saying how awful Peter Wallace is earlier in the year are now completely writing the Broncos off when he's the only player they have out.

Brisbane are in great form and if they play like they did last week, they'll win. This match will be alot closer than people think.

Evenflow

Bench
I'm loving the fact everyone is riding us off, less pressure for the boys ;)

Keep telling yourself that :lol:

It's exactly like when people say a certain team has "nothing to lose" which you so often hear when a team is the underdog. Of course there's plenty to lose, a GF spot and a place in history, a chance they may never get again. If that's nothing to lose or something to feel pressure about then i don't know what is.

If you think the Bronco's or any other team left aren't feeling the pressure with what's at stake then you're away with the fairies.

Karizma

Juniors
I said there was less pressure... But honestly if the majority of people have already written the broncos off, doesn't that give the players an extra edge to succeed?

Last edited:

Lowdown

Juniors
Storm being compared to Cronulla? ROFL

Seriously...please.

If we get beat this weekend - then thats where any similarity starts and ends. The home favourites being beaten by a weakend interstate team in a prelim final.

However, I don't see lightning striking twice...however Rugby League's a funny game. Any team can beat the other on any given day. Also helps if the refs bugger it up too*.