What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: QF1 Fri :: Storm 40 Sea Eagles 12 @ Etihad

Qualifying Final 1 :: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-mel-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Steve Turner 3. Will Chambers 4. Greg Inglis 5. Dane Nielsen 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Cam Smith [c] 10. Brett White 11. Adam Blair 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe, 15. Hep Cahill, 16. Ryan Tandy, 17. Wairangi Koopu

teams-man-alt.jpg

1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Ben Farrar 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Matt Orford (c) 8. Brent Kite 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Chris Bailey 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Heath L’Estrange 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. George Rose 17. Glenn Hall​

ref-pink.jpg

Shayne Hayne & Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan​

Toyota Cup Qualifying Finals
Storm (3rd) v Rabbitohs (6th)
@ Etihad Stadium, Friday 5:30pm
Sea Eagles (1st) v Raiders (8th)
@ ANZ Stadium, Saturday 6:15pm​

NSW Cup Qualifying Finals
Central Coast (MEL - 2) v Western Suburbs (WST - 7)
@ Morrie Breen Oval, Saturday​

QLD Cup Grand Final
Sunshine Coast (MAN) v Northern Pride (NQL)
@ Stockland Park, Kawana
Saturday, 2:00pm​

fw1melman.jpg

Last edited:

Downie

Guest Moderator
How depleted are the Storm with injuries and such? If they're not so bad I reckon the winner of this game will go on to win the Grand Final.

Should be much higher quality than their game a few weeks back, though I hope it's not like the Knights/Manly 4 vs 5 game from 2006, where both teams put in awesome performances, easily the best game of the first week, and then paid for it in the second with both teams getting easily beaten IIRC (Manly lost 28-0 or something to the Dragons, can't remember the Newie game).

Last edited:

ostrich20

Juniors
Newy got dominated by the Broncos who then went on to win it all.

How good is this GF replay in the first week of the finals.

On the back of last weekend Manly can go on to win this one.

Apey

Staff member
how depleted are the storm with injuries and such? If they're not so bad i reckon the winner of this game will go on to win the grand final.

Should be much higher quality than their game a few weeks back, though i hope it's not like the knights/manly 4 vs 5 game from 2006, where both teams put in awesome performances, easily the best game of the first week, and then paid for it in the second with both teams getting easily beaten iirc (manly lost 28-0 or something to the dragons, can't remember the newie game).

50 - 6 :(

effnic

Bench
I have a strange feeling a key player from one of the teams eg: Inglis or Stewart gets injured first 20 mins of the game and the team without the key injury goes on to win easily.

sando88

Not a Moderator
this is battle of da teams with only 1 good half. finch n bailey r hopeless

Storm will have Jeff Lima back and will know about Blair in the coming days...

Kevin Proctor also could be an inclusion...he played U20's over the weekend after his ankle injury.

Other than that it will pretty much be the same side as that which faced Manly last time.

Playing at Etihad takes the advantage away from Storm a little but I think they can still win it...Storm by 8.

Gaba

First Grade
who ever loses this will be bye bye for 2009

i think that will be manly

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
I think one of these teams are a pretender and the other is a contender. I lean towards Manly but their hot cold form is a worry for them.

Storm in good form but they did only beat the Roosters and Warriors.

Tough one to pick maybe just Manly.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Match of the week. The NRL couldnt have dreamed of a better first up finals match than the two grand finalists of 07 and 08. Somethings telling me Melbourne by 1, perhaps in golden point.