What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: QF4 Sun :: Dragons 12 Eels 25 @ WIN Jubilee

Qualifying Final 4 :: Dragons v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ironhorse

Juniors
now it becomes tough for the dragons , broncos at suncorp in a sudden death final, then v the storm in a sudden death final. The fat lady hasnt started singing yet but shes got her dress on !

Apey

Staff member
Hayne, thats amazing but jeez that was poor tackling

Agreed.. it was a great try, but they should have wrapped him up that close to their line, I think they had given up by then. Boyd and whoever else had their hands on him last definitely should have brought him down.

cupid

Juniors
now it becomes tough for the dragons , broncos at suncorp in a sudden death final, then v the storm in a sudden death final. The fat lady hasnt started singing yet but shes got her dress on !
WTF was she doing with her dress off in the first place, yuck.

TheFrog

Coach
Congrats to Parra, played a better brand of football all game. If only Soward had thrown it to one of our players instead of Grothe it could have been interesting. On Grothe, he was still unsure of when to come in and when to stick to his man.

This was the turning point, no risk. Parra were ready to crack. Only a fool would write St George off in this comp. They'll put the Broncs away next week.

Rovelli

Bench
Don't you just love Finals footy for what it throws up? #8 beats the #1 again, and what a way to do it. It wasn't like the infamous Witt touchdown for the Warriors last year to steal it right at the death, but the Eels were strong on defence and have the unpredictability in attack, and the Dragons were beaten on the day.

After a few weeks, I have come to the conclusion that although the Dragons were once considered a runaway premiership favourite, the fact of the matter is, they aren't that good, and plenty of teams can still win the title. That said, the Eels were a team the Dragons beat 37-0 just nine days ago...and sure the Eels threw in the towel at halftime, this should've had some effect going into the game.

Canterbury were lucky to draw the absolute weakest side in the first week of finals, and with a week's rest and the hope of Kimmorley coming back, will be tough to beat. I am expecting the Eels to knock over the Titans and set up a grudge match against them.

Gotta feel sorry for the Broncos again. Had the Storm not grappled and chicken-winged their way to defeat last year, they would've had a match against the Raiders, and at the time, they were looking like a playoff threat. After we beat the Storm, the Broncos had to play the Storm...and Sims lost it...This time around, they win but have to play the Dragons, eliminating one of the gun teams.

CrazyEel

Bench
A great win for Parra but geez, I'd hate to be the Broncs next week, them Dragons are gunna be breathing fire after this.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Mad Monday here we come!!

Thanks to the Eels for eliminating us, after what i saw on Friday night i was scared to see what next week would be like for us if we went through.

Jarramatta was awesome tonight.

Yeah. I can't wait to read all the 'Master v Apprentice' headlines again all week :crazy:

And then if we win. Fecking Bellamy :crazy:

Oh god, I better give my therapist a call.

muznik

Juniors
the NFL eels play on

:lol:

Ha Ha thats soooooooo LOL.

I mentioned during the game that Soward was going to throw a 10m NFL pass....

I counted 7 passes from the Dragons where the crowd groaned & someone was audible on the coverage saying "forward". Having said that there were 3 for the Eels as well.

Saints got the best of the calls today & still lost. Look for another excuse!

This Year?

Immortal
I feel sorry for the poor suckers who paid to watch what the Dragons served up this afternoon.

I'm absolutely disgusted at that rubbish, most of those blokes should hand back their pay cheques

I would have made them walk back to the 'gong.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eels wont play again in the sun so they are no threat for the rest of the finals...

dragons have a good record at suncorp....but i suspect this game will be different.

sux to be a dragons fan right now...but thats football..

Yeah I'm pretty confident when we went on our winning streak we played a few night games there, too.

skeepe

Immortal
The surprising thing for me was how heartless the Dragons players were. When the game was on the line, they simply gave up. Sure they may not have caught Grothe, but nobody even attempted to. And those half-hearted attempts at tackling Hayne... just woeful.

I can't believe the minor premiers folded so easily. If they don't fix that up quickly, they'll be gone next week.

Grail

Juniors
It's kind of disrespectful to all the players who took part to just label the Dragons as chokers. They got outplayed. Being outplayed is not choking. They didn't play badly at all, just not as good as the Eels. Could it be that the Eels are the real deal? On paper they've got a very strong team. Maybe the first half of the season was the anomaly and the 2nd half was the true Parra? But people don't look at that do they? It's easier to lump sh*t on one team then it is to give kudos to another.

I'm betting on the Dragons to get up next week, and then they'll be in exactly the same boat as they would have been had they won yesterday. 3rd week, sudden death.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I just read through this thread to recap a wonderful game, oh how i wish that this or the Cows/Broncs game or both was the one beamed to the US. Our brilliant code is on display, it wont happen but damn i wish Spike would show this game..