What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R12 Mon :: Rabbitohs 18 Raiders 34 @ ANZ

Round 12 :: Rabbitohs v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
Give the Raiders fans a win and they'll take the premiership!

I don't think they have far more talent in fact it's pretty close around the board and in the end it comes down to personal preference. Personally speaking I believe South Sydney have more talent but the Raiders are a much more commited side.

No ones taking a premiership mate, we're still pushing sh*t up a hill to make the finals. But i honestly look at that rabbitohs side, throw in Wing and Crocker, and with Campese i still think Canberra have it in spades over their side in ability. Its not talking up canberra, i just do not rate many of souths players.
Their wingers and on their day, their halves can be better then ours. Thats it imo

Raider_69

Post Whore
Um, Wing has been lock for a while now.

You said Crocker and Pettybourne are good, but then called the rest of our backrowers terrible? there are only 2 champion. The Other is Fa'alogo....

NZ INternational

lol, Sutton set up 4 Tries, he was much better than your halves last night.

I said Pettybourne is a good talent, he's nothing special right now but he will be in a year, maybe less. Crocker is good but i dont think his form this year has been anything on Harrison, let alone TLL. Im talking the entire 2nd row... I'd take TLL, Harrison and Thurling over Crocker, Kidwell and Fa'alogo any day of the week.
Crocker is the best our of all of them, but combine canberra have a better backrow.

As for your last comment... Im not even going to bother. Souths played with their first choice halves pairing. Canberra played without their best player maker and we still towelled you up. So to suggest he was better then our halves is absolutely laughable

Bodsy

Juniors
I said Pettybourne is a good talent, he's nothing special right now but he will be in a year, maybe less. Crocker is good but i dont think his form this year has been anything on Harrison, let alone TLL. Im talking the entire 2nd row... I'd take TLL, Harrison and Thurling over Crocker, Kidwell and Fa'alogo any day of the week.
Crocker is the best our of all of them, but combine canberra have a better backrow.

Kidwell is useless,

Pettybourne is a gun, he's been probably one of our best forwards this year, runs hard and hits hard.

Thurling is useless, Harrison is not much chop, TLL is the only good one.

I'd much rather have Crocker, Pettybourne and Fa'alogo thank you very much.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The only good Canberra players are Campese, TLL and Tongue.

Thats funny because Buttriss, Tilse, Logan, Thurling, Plum and Thompson made your pack look pretty mediocre considering they arent good players.
And Herby and McCrone certainly did a better job of things then Sutton and Sandow... to the tune of 34-18 :eek:

Imagine had Campo played with that sort of assendancy in the forwards... could have been 60!

Bodsy

Juniors
Please!

Hah, thats funny you think Your halves are better than Sutton, that is laughable.

Sutton is a class above, no point even bothering.

Bodsy

Juniors
Thats funny because Buttriss, Tilse, Logan, Thurling, Plum and Thompson made your pack look pretty mediocre considering they arent good players.
And Herby and McCrone certainly did a better job of things then Sutton and Sandow... to the tune of 34-18 :eek:

Imagine had Campo played with that sort of assendancy in the forwards... could have been 60!

Yeah and Imagine if Wing and Crocker played, then add in Wesser.

Wing and Crocker are about the same as Campo, if not better.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yeah and Imagine if Wing and Crocker played, then add in Wesser.

Wing and Crocker are about the same as Campo, if not better.

What would Wing and Wesser contributed to that game? Souths were behind an embarrassingly badly beaten pack. They couldnt have done anything, Canberra's kicking game was spot on and there was nothing Wesser could have done about that either. They just rolled through the forwards and had the time to the put the kicks where they wanted it.

Crocker might have made the forward battle bit closer but he wouldnt have tipped it their way. Campo behind a pack as dominate as that is just about the best player in the game.

Bodsy

Juniors
What would Wing and Wesser contributed to that game? Souths were behind an embarrassingly badly beaten pack. They couldnt have done anything, Canberra's kicking game was spot on and there was nothing Wesser could have done about that either. They just rolled through the forwards and had the time to the put the kicks where they wanted it.

Crocker might have made the forward battle bit closer but he wouldnt have tipped it their way. Campo behind a pack as dominate as that is just about the best player in the game.

Why bother, you're bias is incredibe.

Wing plays bloody Origin, Crocker plays origin, both are forwards, both would have changed the game twat.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: we can argue all day about what would have happened if this happened and that happened.
What we do know is that a "no name" Raiders side with a 2nd string halves combination and our best front rower, our best player and our inspirational captain playing with a banged up wrist which will at one point require season ending surgury, spanked your side which contained Issac Luke, Chris Sandow, John Sutton and Roy Asotasi.

Our 2nd string halves were far more polished then your best combination. Our no name Hooker completely out played your international. Our backrow demolished you're entire pack on its own. And Asotasi and pretty much your entire side has NO answer for blokes like Dane Tilse, Josh Miller, Nigel Plum and Bronson Harrison, let alone the wrecking ball job Big Tommy Learoyd-Lahrs did.

34-18... must be embarrassing to have your star studded line up get smashed across the park by such a rubbish side :D

Bodsy

Juniors
How about you ride that one win for the reason of the season aye champ

Lets see how far you go.

Twat.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I haven't read this thread since before the match.

Bottom line is that our no hopers are a joke and played the dumbest football I have ever seen.

That said, the Raiders showed the kind of commitment I wish we had, and although the plaudits went to their forwards, I thought their inexperienced halves had fantastic games.

The Raiders simply did it to us again.

I think Skeepe said that we would get towelled, and he was right. Prick. :p

Pete Cash

Post Whore
How about you ride that one win for the reason of the season aye champ

Lets see how far you go.

Twat.

34-18 mate and we the Raiders pack gave you guys a thumping. TLL in the second half made your entire forward pack look like clowns.

Tommax25

Bench
Kidwell is useless,

Pettybourne is a gun, he's been probably one of our best forwards this year, runs hard and hits hard.

Thurling is useless, Harrison is not much chop, TLL is the only good one.

I'd much rather have Crocker, Pettybourne and Fa'alogo thank you very much.

Thats your opinion but I feel that if the question were posed via a poll many, many, mannnnnny other would disagree with your opinion. If crocker were not in that backrow the poll wouldnt be "whoose backrow is better: souths or radiers?" it would be "is it worth making a poll to see whose backrow is better: souths or raiders?"

:roll: Geez you Raiders fans have short memories. I seem to remember the Roosters giving your near full strength side (including Campese) a touch up not to long ago. Only two other sets of fans can say that so far this year.

You guys had a day out against us on Monday night and were far more committed than ours. I look forward to the rematch.

Lambretta

First Grade
Why bother, you're bias is incredibe.

Wing plays bloody Origin, Crocker plays origin, both are forwards, both would have changed the game twat.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

At the end of the day, the score board reads as it reads

Build a bridge mate.

skeepe

Immortal
:roll: Geez you Raiders fans have short memories. I seem to remember the Roosters giving your near full strength side (including Campese) a touch up not to long ago. Only two other sets of fans can say that so far this year.

You guys had a day out against us on Monday night and were far more committed than ours. I look forward to the rematch.

We had 4 of our best props out when we played the Roosters, any side will struggle without much go forward. Plus, Shillington decided that he needed to put a rocket up the Roosters pack and fire them up before the match, which clearly didn't help :lol:

That said, we have been slowly building our performances up... we look like a completely different team now to the one that started the season.

Fein

First Grade
We had 4 of our best props out when we played the Roosters, any side will struggle without much go forward. Plus, Shillington decided that he needed to put a rocket up the Roosters pack and fire them up before the match, which clearly didn't help :lol:

That said, we have been slowly building our performances up... we look like a completely different team now to the one that started the season.

And good luck to you.

I don't understand the animosity. :?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I have already given my critique on the Knights in another thread, specifically how they have been handed 3 victories thanks solely to poor refereeing, and would be sitting equal with the Raiders on 10 points if those games were refereed fairly.

The Raiders will finish above the Knights this season, there is nothing surer.

But if you want to discuss that, I suggest you find a thread to do with a Knights match.

So I have your permission to bring this up at the end of the regular season?

Absolutely. Although you won't, given your embarrassment at knowing I was right.

*BUMP*

So Skeepe, how are the Raiders travelling?

Latest posts