What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R12 Mon :: Rabbitohs 18 Raiders 34 @ ANZ

Round 12 :: Rabbitohs v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paullyboy

Coach
LOL @ people who were talking up Sutton as a potential 5/8 for NSW after round 1.

I actually think Sutton played well, and even moreso considering it was his first game back and he was playing behind a pack that was absolutely monstered. If Sutton didn't play the bunnies would not have scored a point, he set up all of their tries.

I actually think Sutton played well, and even moreso considering it was his first game back and he was playing behind a pack that was absolutely monstered. If Sutton didn't play the bunnies would not have scored a point, he set up all of their tries.

Agree.

It was Raiders 34 Sutton 18 tbh.

I shudder to think what would have happened had we gone into that game with the side that was originally named.

How Taylor figured we could knock that Raiders side over down the middle with a team containing only 2 props (Asotasi & Geddes) is beyond me. Luke Stuart had a solid game as always but really should be in the back row. Against a side the size of the Raiders we should have had Stuart playing in the backrow, Asotasi and Geddes to start with at least two props, Pettybourne and another backrower coming off the bench. Forget this garbage of starting Luke off the bench, its a waste of an interchange.

Bicey_18

Bench
:lol: Newcastle is a sh*t pot town, but that has nothing to do with footy, newie are playing good footy, they are still pretenders IMHO, but good on them, they are not as easy to hate at the moment with Mullen going so well and their style of play

but enough about the knights... the raiders are back! :D

By beating Dragons, Broncos, Bulldogs and Titans? Yep real pretenders

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I don't really get this "only eyes for the ball" stuff

He is either taken out, or he wasn't. In my opinion he was

Do we make obstructions legal as long as the bloke isn't watching where he is going ?

Raider_69

Post Whore
By beating Dragons, Broncos, Bulldogs and Titans? Yep real pretenders

You dont win finals football games in April, May and June, sport.
We'll see how the knights are placed and what they do some september, im tipping not a whole lot. But then again i tipped 1/5 this week so what would i know :lol:

Bodsy

Juniors
Everyone is bagging out souths, it's one bad game.

Seriously, we're like 1 Point out of the 8, anything can happen.

Stop moaning and groaning about souths being sh*t.

I'd rather be Souths than Raiders in this point in time.

skeepe

Immortal
Everyone is bagging out souths, it's one bad game.

Seriously, we're like 1 Point out of the 8, anything can happen.

Stop moaning and groaning about souths being sh*t.

I'd rather be Souths than Raiders in this point in time.

Why?

The Raiders have far more talent right across the paddock than Souths do.

Our no names pack smashed south's international pack, our no name halves outplayed your "origin standard" (I say this with a loose tongue) 5/8 and your aboriginal alfie...do you want to try again?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Far more???

:lol::lol:

I'd say thats a fair assement based on the last 12 months
Our fullback, be it Dugan or Milne is IMO better then Capewell and Wesser
Wingers are hands down better at Souths
We've got much better centres. Best hasnt been near last year's form. Monaghan is a Aust quality player. And Croker/Carney are two of the best young centres in the game.
Half is close, Sandow's too ordinary defensively to be ahead of anyone imo
Campese shades Sutton
Our front row is not big on name but is much better rotation, Asotasi and Stuart are good but stuart should be in the back row and Asotasi was owned last night
Our backrow sh*ts on theirs across the board, they have Crocker now but TLL eats the rest of them for breakfast, let alone Harrison, Thurling and co.
Tongue is far better then their lock
and across all positions we have greater depth in reserves with a premiership winning feeder club and U20's

To be honest, i dont know how you could argue otherwise :?

Big Pete

Referee
Give the Raiders fans a win and they'll take the premiership!

I don't think they have far more talent in fact it's pretty close around the board and in the end it comes down to personal preference. Personally speaking I believe South Sydney have more talent but the Raiders are a much more commited side.

Bodsy

Juniors
I'd say thats a fair assement based on the last 12 months
Our fullback, be it Dugan or Milne is IMO better then Capewell and Wesser
Wingers are hands down better at Souths
We've got much better centres. Best hasnt been near last year's form. Monaghan is a Aust quality player. And Croker/Carney are two of the best young centres in the game.
Half is close, Sandow's too ordinary defensively to be ahead of anyone imo
Campese shades Sutton
Our front row is not big on name but is much better rotation, Asotasi and Stuart are good but stuart should be in the back row and Asotasi was owned last night
Our backrow sh*ts on theirs across the board, they have Crocker now but TLL eats the rest of them for breakfast, let alone Harrison, Thurling and co.
Tongue is far better then their lock
and across all positions we have greater depth in reserves with a premiership winning feeder club and U20's

To be honest, i dont know how you could argue otherwise :?

As soon as you said the bit about Croker and Carney I stopped reading, cause you obviously are as biased as f**k.

Our Lock is Wing, I'd rather have wing than Tongue. Or if it's Crocker, crocker sh*ts on him.

I'd rather have Crocker than TLL.

Twat.

Bodsy

Juniors
Our no names pack smashed south's international pack, our no name halves outplayed your "origin standard" (I say this with a loose tongue) 5/8 and your aboriginal alfie...do you want to try again?

Your a twat, Sutton out-played any of your halves, who are they again? Oh who really gives a sh*t.

Certainly have, this week is where it turns around.

Good or Bad.

Hopefully. Don't like seeing the Rabbitohs stuck in a rut. Reminds me of the days when they were 100% bogey material. Thanks to a well-tweaked board and Crowe that's no longer the case. Personally, I think all the players are performing well (ie. Luke Stuart), its just commitment in defence issues that is letting the Souths Side down.

Raider_69

Post Whore
As soon as you said the bit about Croker and Carney I stopped reading, cause you obviously are as biased as f**k.

Our Lock is Wing, I'd rather have wing than Tongue. Or if it's Crocker, crocker sh*ts on him.

I'd rather have Crocker than TLL.

Twat.

Colin Best hasnt done anything since leaving us (suffering from a lack of quality ball imo) and Beau Champion is maybe on the same level as Jared Croker. But as a whole, with the addition of Joel Monaghan, canberra's centres are much better.
Isnt Wing usually the utility off the bench?
Fa'alogo played lock on monday night and Tongue, with his busted wrist and all sh*ts on him from high above
Crocker might be a better player then TLL, but the rest of your back row is absolute garbage (although i like the looks fo Pettybourne, will be a very good player in a year or so), TLL and Harrison are both rep quality, and our bench offers more via Thurling aswell.

As for our halves, they comprehensively out played Sandow and Sutton, and we didnt even have Campese. So i think the result speaks for itself.
Sutton was good, but Herbert was better :cool:

Bodsy

Juniors
Colin Best hasnt done anything since leaving us (suffering from a lack of quality ball imo) and Beau Champion is maybe on the same level as Jared Croker. But as a whole, with the addition of Joel Monaghan, canberra's centres are much better.
Isnt Wing usually the utility off the bench?
Fa'alogo played lock on monday night and Tongue, with his busted wrist and all sh*ts on him from high above
Crocker might be a better player then TLL, but the rest of your back row is absolute garbage (although i like the looks fo Pettybourne, will be a very good player in a year or so), TLL and Harrison are both rep quality, and our bench offers more via Thurling aswell.

As for our halves, they comprehensively out played Sandow and Sutton, and we didnt even have Campese. So i think the result speaks for itself.
Sutton was good, but Herbert was better :cool:

Um, Wing has been lock for a while now.

You said Crocker and Pettybourne are good, but then called the rest of our backrowers terrible? there are only 2 champion. The Other is Fa'alogo....

NZ INternational

lol, Sutton set up 4 Tries, he was much better than your halves last night.

Latest posts