What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0neye is my father

Moffo

Referee
[furrycat] said:

beta231.gif
beta231.gif

Dani

Immortal
There's no way i'm having kids until a cure for diabetes is found, unless there's DNA testing done to make sure the father isn't a carrier of the gene.

I know what it's like, the sh*t i have had to go through and still go through, i couldn't knowingly put my children through that. In my eyes, the risk is too great. I may be over sensitive or whatever, but i feel very strongly about it. I wouldn't wish diabetes on my worst enemy, let alone someone i would love more than life itself.

:blahb:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dani said:
There's no way i'm having kids until a cure for diabetes is found, unless there's DNA testing done to make sure the father isn't a carrier of the gene.

I know what it's like, the sh*t i have had to go through and still go through, i couldn't knowingly put my children through that. In my eyes, the risk is too great. I may be over sensitive or whatever, but i feel very strongly about it. I wouldn't wish diabetes on my worst enemy, let alone someone i would love more than life itself.

:blahb:

Actually, genetic testing for that very purpose is being perfected as we speak and, scientists predict, the technology will be available some time in the next 5 years.

Of course, it's opened a whole new can of worms - but if you can both be tested to see whether you're carriers of an inert genetic disease, the consequences can only be good. Although if you both are, it will likely end with the relationship ending anway. But that's irrelevant.