What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 Bc

2 True Blues

Coach
Saw the add the other day on TV. Looks like it's going to worth a look on the big screen from the previews I've seen.

Shorty

Staff member
Producer of 'Independence Day' and 'The Day After Tomorrow'...lol
Still I'll be seeing it.

Shorty

Staff member
The Engineers Room said:
Looks like 4 different epochs are portrayed to me. Some of the structures do not look like they could be from 10,000BC
Yeah there's also some animals in it that were unknown to be in that time or earlier and extinct.
Typical Hollywood though a hero and structures...lol we were banging rock hammers back then and that's about it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hey, who needs historical accuracy when you've got HORDES OF DIGITALLY ANIMATED WOOLY MAMMOTHS!!!!!:crazy:

t-ba

Post Whore
Historical Accuracy :lol:

Lets see:

Riding Horses.
Saddles on said horses.
Stirrups on said saddles.
Woolly Mammoths in a clearly semi-arid environment. (There's a reason they had that coat...)
Saddled on said Woolly Mammoths?
A sh*tload of oddly metallic sounding clangs for the Stone Age.
Perfectly constructed buildings.
Said buildings larger than a two story dwelling.
Is that cement I see between those stones in the wall?
Gigantic Sabretooths (Restricted entirely to the Americas btw)
Sail Craft.
Is that a JP style Velociraptor? WTF?

And that's just from the trailer! The rule of cool has clearly been applied to this film.

Don't go in expecting high art, don't go in expecting historical accuracy (A bit difficult considering written records have a few thousand years before they're meant to exist). Go in expecting a lot of awesome sh*t like Mammoths of War and big f**king Toothy tigers!

Dumb fun. Hopefully it isn't by stupid Right wing propaganda like 300 was. First film I've walked out on in years.

t-ba

Post Whore
SpaceMonkey said:
Hey, who needs historical accuracy when you've got HORDES OF DIGITALLY ANIMATED WOOLY MAMMOTHS!!!!!:crazy:

If Return of the King hadn't done it, this would so totally be the most awesome thing in film ever.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm totally calling it now:

The ending, a flash forward to the present, will have the frozen remains of the hero(es) unearthed underneath the American flag - symbollic of how Americans have been heroes who will fight for what they believe in even before the US was a country.

Emmerich is a patriotic wanker.

Tommy Smith

Referee
t-ba said:
Historical Accuracy :lol:

Lets see:

Riding Horses.
Saddles on said horses.
Stirrups on said saddles.
Woolly Mammoths in a clearly semi-arid environment. (There's a reason they had that coat...)
Saddled on said Woolly Mammoths?
A sh*tload of oddly metallic sounding clangs for the Stone Age.
Perfectly constructed buildings.
Said buildings larger than a two story dwelling.
Is that cement I see between those stones in the wall?
Gigantic Sabretooths (Restricted entirely to the Americas btw)
Sail Craft.
Is that a JP style Velociraptor? WTF?

And that's just from the trailer! The rule of cool has clearly been applied to this film.

Don't go in expecting high art, don't go in expecting historical accuracy (A bit difficult considering written records have a few thousand years before they're meant to exist). Go in expecting a lot of awesome sh*t like Mammoths of War and big f**king Toothy tigers!

Dumb fun. Hopefully it isn't by stupid Right wing propaganda like 300 was. First film I've walked out on in years.
Huh? I think you read way too much into that movie.

t-ba

Post Whore
Misanthrope said:
There were species of the raptor kind that grew to be of Jurassic Park size. The Utahraptor, for example.

The JP Velociraptor is a carbon copy on a larger species starting with D that is impossible to spell or pronounce. 'Velociraptor' just rolls off the tongue a million times better and is easier to sell to the kiddies.

1202972010653.jpg

Shorty

Staff member
Misanthrope said:
I'm totally calling it now:

The ending, a flash forward to the present, will have the frozen remains of the hero(es) unearthed underneath the American flag - symbollic of how Americans have been heroes who will fight for what they believe in even before the US was a country.

Emmerich is a patriotic wanker.
Yep nauseating,of course in those days we were destined to be heros and ran under the woolly mammoths.

I'm not expecting that much but I like films with history,just this will be questionable history.

Misanthrope

Staff member
You don't have to look too deep. Buff westerners slaughtering the antiquated, backward Persian hordes.

I think the problem is, you're the one looking too deep. 300 wasn't a veiled anti Middle Eastern diatribe. It was a fairly accurate re-creation of Frank Miller's senselessly violent graphic novel.

Latest posts