What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Origin I | Wed 26 May | NSW 24-28 QLD | ANZ

Origin I - WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KempoKnight

Juniors
Those who are complaining about gidley need a seriouse wake up call if he thinks he was our biggest problem. He didnt have the greatest game but he tried his ass off and alot of the time had no support.

What NSW needs are forwards who actually go forward and halves who actually create something. We had neither and the scoreline flattered us.

mongoose

Coach
Please...Gidley did a pretty decent job with no help from Hayne. If you think Gidley is their biggest problem then you are as f***ed as the Blues are.

Have no problems with not selecting him. NSW are dead and buried for the year. Newcastle need him more.

Gidley wasnt THAT bad but Hayne needs to be fullback, simply for the fact that hes a liability on the wing.

I really dont see the use of Gidley being in the side, I would rather Lewis, Carney or even Farah on the bench.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Why do Knights fans feel the need to tell us Giddley is trying?

Who gives a sh*t, trying is for grade football, this is SOO, he isnt trying at this level, he's failing. End of story.
Deadset hopeless tonight, on the back of a hopeless series last year

Hayne or Dugan for game 2

mxlegend99

Referee
How can anyone think Gidley had a decent game. While he tried his arse off, he just isn't talented enough to be there. His terrible kick return was directly responsible for QLD gaining a lead that we were unable to chase. Just like Game 1 last year where NSW were making a comeback and his errors cost us a legitimate chance at winning.

Jarryd Hayne is the best fullback available to NSW. He's being picked out of position so that Kurt Gidley can be in the starting side and that weakens both our fullback and right wing position.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Sleep

Juniors
Watmough, Waterhouse and Weyman were the only forwards who I thought had an impact. Creagh was quiet. As was Perry. Start Watmough and Waterhouse in the backrow with Lewis. Gidley back to the bench.

See you later Cooper and Idris. Thanks for nothing. Literally. Lyon goes back to the centres and we bring in a genuine five-eighth. Kimmorley gets one more shot. We lose no more rep footy. Ever. We pick another half and stick with them.

Regardless. We don't have a side we can put together that will be this QLD team I don't think. Even without Cameron Smith they flat out dominated us.

Our right side in defense in the second half (when Idris came in) was useless. They attacked it knowing it would be a shambles and came up with the goods.

Red Bear

Referee
Gidley was pretty solid to be perfectly honest. Not outstanding but his only major blemish was getting stripped one on one. That happens.

Tahu was MIA. Cooper injured. Morris pretty quiet (although no ball on his side). Kimmorley sh*thouse. Ennis sh*thouse.

Honestly, just get some creativity of sorts in the halves! How about John Sutton? He can score tries, he can create tries, create line breaks, good ball player, 25 years old so hardly a fresh faced rookie. An actual 5/8 at 5/8. Amazing idea!

Farrah at Hooker? Doesnt miss tackles like Ennis, doesnt give away penalties like Ennis, better kicking game, more creativity. Maybe an idea?

Pearce should be halfback game two.

Lyon back to right centre. Cooper if he's fit, if not Jennings or Lawrence or even J Morris in the centres.

How about starting Luke Lewis? Arguably the best lock in the game at the moment, started in the backrow for Australia FFS

I'd love a spare mind if anyone has one. Lost mine watching us attempt to play football

Joker's Wild

Coach
We dont have the cattle or combinations to compete with the current Qld side, this much is clear.

Kimmorley is so far over the hill he is almost back to sea level, yet he is the best half we have.

We need to blood some younger blokes and stick with them for a couple of years and maybe, just maybe we will be competitive by about 2015

Ghoulies

Bench
Why would anyone consider giving Kimmorley another game? He was terrible. Lyon was bad too, but he had a genuine excuse.

Knightmare

Coach
Should have done that 3 years ago. I don't know what the hell they do now, Game 2 is at the Theatre of Rednecks with the XXXX Dream Team being 1 up already, then next year Sydney has only 1 home game and we have the same bunch of morons running the team telling us this time it'll work out then selecting a team who only win when the series is a lost cause!

Spot On

Coach
Watmough, Waterhouse and Weyman were the only forwards who I thought had an impact. Creagh was quiet. As was Perry. Start Watmough and Waterhouse in the backrow with Lewis. Gidley back to the bench.

See you later Cooper and Idris. Thanks for nothing. Literally. Lyon goes back to the centres and we bring in a genuine five-eighth. Kimmorley gets one more shot. We lose no more rep footy. Ever. We pick another half and stick with them.

Regardless. We don't have a side we can put together that will be this QLD team I don't think. Even without Cameron Smith they flat out dominated us.

Our right side in defense in the second half (when Idris came in) was useless. They attacked it knowing it would be a shambles and came up with the goods.

Ah, now you've hit the nail on the head. We are unable to win the middle. Yes we try but some of those forwards are just not good enough. They just can't get over the top or even match QLD in the go forward or defence.

Spot On

Coach
Gidley was pretty solid to be perfectly honest. Not outstanding but his only major blemish was getting stripped one on one. That happens.

Tahu was MIA. Cooper injured. Morris pretty quiet (although no ball on his side). Kimmorley sh*thouse. Ennis sh*thouse.

Honestly, just get some creativity of sorts in the halves! How about John Sutton? He can score tries, he can create tries, create line breaks, good ball player, 25 years old so hardly a fresh faced rookie. An actual 5/8 at 5/8. Amazing idea!

Farrah at Hooker? Doesnt miss tackles like Ennis, doesnt give away penalties like Ennis, better kicking game, more creativity. Maybe an idea?

Pearce should be halfback game two.

Lyon back to right centre. Cooper if he's fit, if not Jennings or Lawrence or even J Morris in the centres.

How about starting Luke Lewis? Arguably the best lock in the game at the moment, started in the backrow for Australia FFS

I'd love a spare mind if anyone has one. Lost mine watching us attempt to play football

Apparently Ennis made 44 tackles missed none and gave 1 penalty away which was 50/50 at best and probably should not have been given. Even the most loyal Tigers fans would probably have to admit he played very well.

Red Bear

Referee
I wouldnt be averse to picking Hindmarsh tbh. A player who commands respect and will do a lot of defensive work in the middle.

Ladmate

Bench
Apparently Ennis made 44 tackles missed none and gave 1 penalty away which was 50/50 at best and probably should not have been given. Even the most loyal Tigers fans would probably have to admit he played very well.

He played alright, but Farah > Idris for bench spot.

Doomednow

Bench
I thought Kimmorley was one of our better players at least he was aggressive for the most part. Idris was useless. Too lazy in defence, and his try was pretty much just a fat guy getting handed a ball and falling on top of three guys.

Gidley average. As was Ennis for most of the game. SHould probably hang on to Hayne because he will get better and better over time. Morris didn't see enough of the ball...

I think we should drop Bellamy and the selectors to be honest. Bellamy is on his way to losing 5 from 5 and he's only ever taken a cheating team to premiership. Selectors have failed us consistently.

Front-Rower

First Grade

He didn't play well at all. He was picked because he was supposed to be aggressive not because he has superior ball playing skills to Farah or Priddis. His service from dummy half was too slow as well.

NSW have huge problems and the only way to fix them is to pick blokes on form. Why was Matt Cooper ever even considered to play over Jennings is beyond me.

Latest posts