What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 points

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
a pretty small lead in rugby league, so why do we keep shutting up shop with such small leads and with so much time still to play?

can't say i was enamoured with the refereeing, but we were killing souths despite all that and gave up on the what was providing us with results - just like against penrith and melbourne.

at least in those games we had the defence to get away with it.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I don't think that's a fair assessment of what happened. In the second half we just kept conceding tries. That was pretty much it. We hardly got the ball.

Iafeta

Referee
Luck had an enormous brain fade. I reckon we'd have got them if we got through our set, either we would have cracked them conventionally, or, to be frank, Manu was all over Merritt in the air. That was Luck's worst play as a Warrior.

What was up with going for the penalty? Dumb! With a capital D! I don't mind one in the first half when you're setting up a game, but when it's 20 with 20-25 to go, you put the foot down. The reason they had started strong in the second half is we because we took our foot off the throat, and they got a mountain of ball. We had a chance to over-turn both by going into the corner and setting camp to get a try. Instead we go for goal? What? Did they really think Souths wouldn't score again from there?

I don't mind it if we're 6 up with 10 to go or something like that, but that play made no sense whatsoever.

Micistm

Bench
Meh. Always hurts to lose but that's the way it goes. Thought the Ref made a few fluffs but was brilliant compared to the last two weeks.
We didn't play as well as we could have, but not bad IMO. I just think The Rabbits wanted it more today, they wanted a win bad. Fair play to them.
The U/20s was quite an enjoyable game. OMG though, poor ol Fishburgers, how embarrassing. He'll never do that again in his life

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
What was up with going for the penalty? Dumb! With a capital D! I don't mind one in the first half when you're setting up a game, but when it's 20 with 20-25 to go, you put the foot down. The reason they had started strong in the second half is we because we took our foot off the throat, and they got a mountain of ball. We had a chance to over-turn both by going into the corner and setting camp to get a try. Instead we go for goal? What? Did they really think Souths wouldn't score again from there?

that was the basis of my frustration.

Martli

Coach
At the end of the day, we lost a game we could afford to lose and we didn't lose in a terrible fashion. There's still a bunch of positives that can be taken out of this game.

Although I must admit, taking the two was dumb when it was obvious that it was going to be a high scoring match.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh the big issue is we got totally carved up. Our defence out wide was woeful. Partially excused because of injuries, but a worry if Locke/Ropati are out.

Can not believe the try to Fetuli Talanoa in 66th min, my one eye never saw the ball touch the ground! Yet the video ref had just one look!
Two "floating" forward passes (Wesser gave himself away in first one, by looking at ref). Ill give the Latimore try looked flat at best, but the aussie commentators seemed fined with it!

Again it was within our grasp, till Luck turned quarterback! Guess we used our get out of jail free card against the roosters.

Locke was exposed a bit today on his wing in defence.

Hope they didnt take the attitude of "being able to lose one", because 3rd place was up for grabs and home semi! This comp is to close to be able to lose to many.

Brown seemed to go missing for 30mins in the 2nd half.

Halves didnt seem to gel liked I had hope they would start to do.

Titans will be flying high after beating dragons.

Meth

Staff member
I was pretty disappointed when we took the two- then again, if it worked out differently I might be singing their praises.

The reality is that we surrendered a decent lead in appalling fashion. We have an alarming problem in that we don't turn up to attack in the second half. In recent weeks, our defense has been able to compensate for our second half attacking ineptitude. It wasn't there to save us tonight.

We can afford to lose that one and, to be honest, they were due for a win and we were due for a loss. Hopefully we respond well and surge to finish well up in the top 8

Meth

Staff member
The Rabbitohs got better treatment from the refs- the first half was ridiculous and a few of their trys were a bit suspicious to say the least. In saying that, we didn't turn up in the second half and so we deserved to lose.

ozreece77

Juniors
Warriors still unbeaten with Ropo at fullback.
Hohaia went better but once again his lack of urgency at the back was shown up.
Vatuvei should never have had to get that ball out of the dead ball area in the first half.
Taylor was throwing ridiculous offloads in the second half. Thats what beat us. Once he went off we actually got back into the game. Locke shown up defensively again by a skillful player (Colin Best this week). Learning experience i guess for him.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
WHy is anybody surprised? When was the last time we genuinely put a team to the sword? And no I don't mean the Broncos and Eels game where both teams dropped their bundle and essentially gave up, I'm talking about taking the lead and then ramming home the advantage while the opposition is attempting to get back on the front foot.

It doesn't happen, because our team is set up to keep the score close regardless of whether we're in front or behind. We're a conservative/defensive team no matter how many people want to refer to 'Warrior ball' with the offloading and crazy play. By nature we're conservative, and conservative teams don't win finals football, if they even get there at all.

shinobi

Juniors
A lot of excuses there we pretty much jsut lost it cos Souths were better we had every opportunity to ram the advantage home. I really wish someone hadve smashed that little smartass Sandow though the was he ran in that try and pointed at Hohaia.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Our attack is still pretty sh*t - we got a couple of tinny tries that flattered us. We don't look very assured in finishing our sets, or in what to do after we've got a bit of roll-on. Better than 09 but not top 4 quality for sure. "Give it to Manu" is still the stock standard play.

Also how crap is the left side defence now that Ropati is back? That side looked shocking.

Lance played more of a dummy half role in the game and shone because of it. He should replace Heremaia.

Also how crap is the left side defence now that Ropati is back? That side looked shocking.

Ropati is not a centre because of his dodgy D pure and simple
Locke can be excused not Mr over 120 games Ropati

Put Meth's soul mate at fullback he has the goods :D

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Locke was exposed 2 or 3 times by Talanoa and Best and 2 led to tries which shouldn't have been. Michael Luck just needs to get out of the way when we are on attack, everytime he gets the ball I groan lol.
Brown, Ropati, Vatuvei just never got any attacking ball. It seemed our only attacking option was around the ruck and while that worked well at times closer to try line perhaps we should look a little wider. What's the point of poor Manu getting a cold out there and Lewis Brown scored twice with limited ball.

2 exciting games that's for sure (U20's included)