What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | QF1 - 4 v 5 | Fri | Titans 28-16 Warriors | Skilled (NZW elim)

Qualifying Final Result: Titans v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
The Warriors remind me of most ESL sides - they throw the ball around with wild abandon and without much finesse, structure or depth at times.

adamkungl

Immortal
The first 3 Titans tries all came directly from bad calls. Remove those bad calls and the Warriors win. Simple.

Of course the Titans capitalised on their chances better. That's the style they play. The Warriors play a very conservative style. They can't win if the refs gift the opposition 18 points.

more like if the Warriors weren't cut up by the same inside ball play multiple times they would have won.

Kneejerk reaction-athon up in here.

It was a very even game which the refs won for the Titans.

If the Warriors get a fair go from the refs (unlikely) they will grind the Tigers OR the Roosters in to the dust.

The Warriors are boring. Yup. That's how we play.

And ftr, Manu was MOTM. His "big error" was putting the ball on Moon's chest, who proceeded to spastically not even lay a hand on it.

Titans v Warriors GF (maybe)

Cmon Manu...you cant blame it all on the refs.

Zillman and Meyer were just as good as the Beast in this game so I don't think he was MOTM.

The Warriors defence was not particularly sound tonight.

Red Bear

Referee
There was a few stripping calls which went against the Warriors which were a bit sh*t
- Minichello getting a penalty when the ball was lost during the tackle
- The same thing happening in the second half to a warriors player and it being called a knock on
- Then a great tackle on a player trying to offload also gets given as a penalty when it seemed like a knock on

All three should've been called as a knock on IMO, but was just inconsistant reffing.

Red Bear

Referee
Titans were the better side, but they seemed like average calls.

God Seymour is a sh*thouse halfback, Warriors will be better off with John back to fitness next season.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
All of the Titans first 18 points came off the back of dud calls.

How many different ways do I need to make this point before (a) someone makes a genuine attempt to dispute it, or (b) some kangaroo pounding convict queer just admits it?

Titanic

First Grade
No argument Bear, the reffing has been as bad as any year I've seen this year and not aided by the micro-commentating but that's no excuse for the "cheating" sour grapes litany from some.

And Manu those tries came from the ability of the Titans to get the ball past the Warriors defence ... your blokes had their chances and didn't take them ... suck it up.

Last edited:

no name

Referee
All of the Titans first 18 points came off the back of dud calls.

How many different ways do I need to make this point before (a) someone makes a genuine attempt to dispute it, or (b) some kangaroo pounding convict queer just admits it?
What were these 3 dud calls?
I have read people try to claim that the Toopi try was a knock on by Atkins, but it clearly went back, his hand was at the front of the ball so there was no it way it went forward, regardless of Manu's involvement.
What were the other 2?

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'll take that as a nfi from the Aussie battlers of LU.

Good night and see you next week, cheating convict pluggers.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
What were these 3 dud calls?
I have read people try to claim that the Toopi try was a knock on by Atkins, but it clearly went back, his hand was at the front of the ball so there was no it way it went forward, regardless of Manu's involvement.
What were the other 2?

First try- Rapira not square at PTB (wtf)
Second try- iirc came off a dud penalty AND clearly knocked on by Atkins anyway
Third try- dud penalty (strip)- you expect me to remember details now?

no name

Referee
First try- Rapira not square at PTB (wtf)
Second try- iirc came off a dud penalty AND clearly knocked on by Atkins anyway
Third try- dud penalty (strip)- you expect me to remember details now?
First try - The Rapira penalty was a tough call, but you see a lot of those given around the ruck. It should have been a Titans scrum from the knock on imo
Second try - As I said in my previous post there was no knock on from Atkins, it went back, what was the dud penalty?
The other try was Zillmans 2nd, I think you should be more worried about the Warriors flimsy defence then any 'dud penalties' you are rambling about but cant remember any details of.

Scorpio30

Bench
Titans were the better side, but they seemed like average calls.

God Seymour is a sh*thouse halfback, Warriors will be better off with John back to fitness next season.

Every game I forget he is even playing...Is it just me...I hear his name maybe once and even then its probably for a tackle...Or maybe a kick.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors are an average side with a massive amount of potential. They've done great to get to the finals considering their injury toll and playing roster, but they're not a premiership side, nowhere near it.

Finals are different to regular season. The Warriors have been consistent, but they don't have the class to rise that extra level required in finals football compared to the other teams.

Apey

Staff member

As much as I agree the Titans were the better team and Warriors defence was poor at times, there is no way that that 'try' wasn't a clear knock on. He got the first touch, he never had control of it in that jostle, then it went forward (if only a few cms) and touched Manu's hand. That is a knock-on by the rules, it doesn't matter how small.

Latest posts