What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | QF1 - 4 v 5 | Fri | Titans 28-16 Warriors | Skilled (NZW elim)

Qualifying Final Result: Titans v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I think any team would embarrass us if we turn in another performance like that

I really don't rate the Tigers. Not much of a popular view, or a logical one either I guess.

But for the Warriors, the Tigers are a team I think we'd go well against.

One of those gut instinct things really. Styles make games.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
the tigers are about as disorganised as we are. it'd be a cripple fight.

but i have no faith in the tigers or the panthers, so we may not even have a next week to talk about.

Rovelli

Bench
Both the Tigers are hot-and-cold teams. If we do end up playing the Roosters, we'd be given no chance in Sydney and be seen as fodder. The Roosters generally show up to the big games, so we'd be right up against it.

We also owe the Tigers for that 50-6 showing earlier in the season. Up until then, we had a pretty good record against them between 2005 and 2009 (inclusive)

adamkungl

Immortal
Warriors were frustrating to watch. Granted they got a couple of rubbish 'strip' calls in the first half (f**k i hate this rule) but they were too easily cut open by Prince and Rogers, and blew too many chances by trying to force offloads that were never on.

Imo the game sealer for me was Zillman coming out of nowhere to pounce on that loose ball. The Warriors number 18 (i think) should have been hooked, no urgency and then a minute later completely misses Vatuvei's flick pass. Poor effort in a semi final.

In the end, Prince and Rogers too classy for the Warriors.

Sleep

Juniors
Neither team impressed me tonight. The Titans broke the Warriors open with the same play several times.

Scrappy game. I think both teams will be gone next week.

boxhead

First Grade
Warriors were frustrating to watch. Granted they got a couple of rubbish 'strip' calls in the first half (f**k i hate this rule) but they were too easily cut open by Prince and Rogers, and blew too many chances by trying to force offloads that were never on.

Imo the game sealer for me was Zillman coming out of nowhere to pounce on that loose ball. The Warriors number 18 (i think) should have been hooked, no urgency and then a minute later completely misses Vatuvei's flick pass. Poor effort in a semi final.

In the end, Prince and Rogers too classy for the Warriors.

That won the Titans the game in my opinion.....he put every inch of his life into pouncing on that ball. If he hadn't of done it, I bet the Titans would have lost that game. In that very set, the Titans get the roll on and score.

Great win by Titans, bloody hell it's a good feeling!

Condolences Warriors fans, I thought they showed glimpses that they can beat any team tonight, and their effort was unquestionable IMO. Unlucky on a few calls and mistakes, sadly, but I'm still really happy you guys got into the finals :) Hope you guys bounce back and go into the semi's.

The Titans will be all the better for the run tonight...they are a side that stays composed and in a tight game they will use this to their benefit.

IMO the tits are right in this for their next game...

boxhead

First Grade
The Titans will be all the better for the run tonight...they are a side that stays composed and in a tight game they will use this to their benefit.

IMO the tits are right in this for their next game...

That's the thing about them, they are probably one of the most composed and likely the fittest team in the competition, IMO you can't hope to outmatch them in a physical game like the Warriors tried to do tonight.

I think they will be 2nd favourites and deservedly so after tonight, having the best halfback in the finals is another massive advantage.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Kneejerk reaction-athon up in here.

It was a very even game which the refs won for the Titans.

If the Warriors get a fair go from the refs (unlikely) they will grind the Tigers OR the Roosters in to the dust.

The Warriors are boring. Yup. That's how we play.

And ftr, Manu was MOTM. His "big error" was putting the ball on Moon's chest, who proceeded to spastically not even lay a hand on it.

Titans v Warriors GF (maybe)

boxhead

First Grade
I don't think the referees cost the Warriors the game at all. Sure, a few bad decisions went against them, but Titans got very hard done by with a few too (that wrong 40/20 that was given), etc.
I think the team that took their chances won in the end; Warriors had many chances and made crucial errors at the wrong times, I think the Titans were very clinical when they got to the opposition 20.

Saying that, I think for the majority of the game the Warriors dominated the go-forward better, and had more chances to win it than the Titans. They are still looking good for next week, and are one of the dark-horse teams in the semi's.

Titanic

First Grade
Where are all the Titans supporters? Either at the game or celebrating or at a bbq here in China full of Titans supporters who watched the game rather than trolled like the army of Warriors whiners on here.

Get that up ya!

Qantas-AirNZmerger.jpg

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I don't think the referees cost the Warriors the game at all. Sure, a few bad decisions went against them, but Titans got very hard done by with a few too (that wrong 40/20 that was given), etc.
I think the team that took their chances won in the end; Warriors had many chances and made crucial errors at the wrong times, I think the Titans were very clinical when they got to the opposition 20.

Saying that, I think for the majority of the game the Warriors dominated the go-forward better, and had more chances to win it than the Titans. They are still looking good for next week, and are one of the dark-horse teams in the semi's.

The first 3 Titans tries all came directly from bad calls. Remove those bad calls and the Warriors win. Simple.

Of course the Titans capitalised on their chances better. That's the style they play. The Warriors play a very conservative style. They can't win if the refs gift the opposition 18 points.

Latest posts