What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sun | Roosters 44-32 Tigers | SFS

Result : Roosters v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelectrica

Referee
Agree with Johnsy.
Hope the coin knows because I have no idea.
Heads=Roosters
Tails=Tigers
Side=Draw.

Coin says Roosters. Who am I to disagree?

I am having the feeling if anything has improved, it would be the fact that, hopefully, we are no longer a 40 minute team (anybody who has watched our games since mid-2008 would know what I am referring to...15 or so performances).

I think Conn and Kouparitsas will really have a test this match. Both played good in round one. Guerra will stand up. Ryles, Nuuausala and Paea look good for props.

But bloody hell if Myles plays the way he played against Souths, Wests could already be in some trouble for that alone.

It depends, if the Roosters get most of the ball, the forwards get a good roll on and give Carney, Pearce and co some space, they could definitely pile some points up.

But if the Tigers get even anywhere close to a fair share of the ball and Benji + Farah are on song, they'll just carve through just about any team.

This'll be close, and its tough to tip especially for a Tigers fan.

6 points either way.

Godz Illa

Coach
Farah and Benji need to bomb Carney mercilessly, drive him back to the drink. As expected Sutton and Sandow failed to test him last week.

typicalfan

Coach
Tigers were gifted with the win on Monday night, on form the Roosters should be too strong but the way teams often back up you never know. Entertaining game to be expected though.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Should be a great game. Roosters don't have a pack as huge as Manly do, and I think our benchies will be better for the run.

Our starting pack is great, but we lose alot when Galloway and Gibbs go off.

I'm tipping us, but it will be pretty close.

This game is getting me slightly nervous. Hope the hype is worth it.
Well...there should be hype. Moreso than the Friday games.

youngun

Juniors
This is going to be a cracker game and I think it will come down to 2 vital points:

1: Roosters Forwards - Couple of changes and will be interesting to see if Nate Myles can back up an awesome game last week.

2: Tigers Backs - If they get good ball and have a bit of space I think they will have it all over the Roosters backs and score plenty.

I think that whichever of these 2 factors dominates the match will decide who wins. For the record though as a Tigers tragic I just hope it is point 2!! :p

Tommy Smith

Referee
Based on form from Rnd 1 we should win by about 12 points. But as we know in Rugby League week to week form seems to count for very little, especially when its so early.

But im pretty confident that we wont be getting too carried away with last weeks win over Souths. Smithy is too experienced to see that happen and the anger over last seasons shocker has clearly been burning bright since the trials and doesnt look like dying down anytime soon.

If we can match them in the forwards then i reckon the early combination that Carney-Anasta-Pearce have struck up should be enough for our grossly underrated backline to take advantage of...

adamkungl

Immortal
My preview:

Roosters:
On a high after last week. Looking to start the season with a massive statement.
Danger men - in attack, Carney, Pearce, Anasta, and Minichiello. Big names scattered across the park, all looking for NSW Origin spots, all looking to atone for the last year (each for different reasons). In defence, not such big names other than Myles - Look for the Aubusson brothers in particular to be cutting down anything that moves.

On the other side of the park, Tigpies have Marshall, Farah, Lawrence and Tuquiri as their big point scoring names. Lawrence and Farah in strong contention for NSW Origin will be looking for some early season brilliance. Defensively looking for Ellis and Fulton to do the hard work.

Roosters to win in a close game. no bias of course :lol: Tigers have some glaring weaknesses in Moltzen at fullback and Fitzhenry anywhere near First Grade. Roosters to win the game out wide.