What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sun | Roosters 44-32 Tigers | SFS

Result : Roosters v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My preview:

Roosters:
On a high after last week. Looking to start the season with a massive statement.
Danger men - in attack, Carney, Pearce, Anasta, and Minichiello. Big names scattered across the park, all looking for NSW Origin spots, all looking to atone for the last year (each for different reasons). In defence, not such big names other than Myles - Look for the Aubusson brothers in particular to be cutting down anything that moves.

On the other side of the park, Tigpies have Marshall, Farah, Lawrence and Tuquiri as their big point scoring names. Lawrence and Farah in strong contention for NSW Origin will be looking for some early season brilliance. Defensively looking for Ellis and Fulton to do the hard work.

Roosters to win in a close game. no bias of course :lol: Tigers have some glaring weaknesses in Moltzen at fullback and Fitzhenry anywhere near First Grade. Roosters to win the game out wide.

I'll argue that.

Defensively, he's a hopeless fullback, but in attack he's the perfect, prototypical fullback. Speedy, good support play and reads the speed of the game well. He's a 3rd half from the back (4th if you counted Farah as a half from rake) and can inject himself at his own desire.

If you guys put the high ball up and often, he'll struggle, but if you don't do that and let him get on the prowl in attack, you'll pay the price.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'll argue that.

Defensively, he's a hopeless fullback, but in attack he's the perfect, prototypical fullback. Speedy, good support play and reads the speed of the game well. He's a 3rd half from the back (4th if you counted Farah as a half from rake) and can inject himself at his own desire.

If you guys put the high ball up and often, he'll struggle, but if you don't do that and let him get on the prowl in attack, you'll pay the price

Easily done. You can count on Mitchell and Braith bombing away..

adamkungl

Immortal
Yep, both sets of halves should make this game a bomb-fest.

On Moltzen, I should have clarified - in defence he's a huge weakness, in attack I agree he's very good

steven_tiger

Juniors
Rumours around that Daniela will be in the 5 jersey for the Tigers, with Andrew Fifita coming on the bench at the expense of Flanagan.

Wait and see I suppose...

Bodsy

Juniors
Tigers to win, Just.

How come the Roosters get 3 days games, 3 weeks in a row? Bit weird especially considering the draw for that was done months in advance and the roosters were still the spooners..

aussies1st

Staff member
Nice run by Flanagan who showed some nice speed before passing to Tuqiri who burnt the Roosters player.

aussies1st

Staff member
Guerra certainly is good odds for a try, just missed one last match and has one here. Roosters look really good this year.

aussies1st

Staff member
Tigers almost scored off the last play of the half, good defence by the Roosters to keep them out. Nice to see Graham smoking it still.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Sounds like the tigers are affraid to tackle..and if the ABC commentators mention one more time that Monday night took it out of them then the radio is going out the window.

Latest posts