What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Footy

T.S Quint

Coach
? Mathematics implies more games equate to me enjoyment! Unless you don't like rugby-league !? Then I spose it wouldn't be desirable. Most of us happen to love footy I hope.

I love footy.
But there are times during the year where interest wanes somewhat, especially these days when I have so many other things going on. I'm not 21 and able to watch every game every week anymore.
Less games means higher crowds at each games as well, theoretically.
I have a season ticket, along with a bunch of other guys. We try to get to as many games as we can, but we know we aren't going to make them all. But when there's 12 of them to get to it doesn't matter if you miss a few. If there were only 8 or even 6 home games to go to, more fans would make an effort to get there.

Stallion

First Grade
I love footy.
But there are times during the year where interest wanes somewhat, especially these days when I have so many other things going on. I'm not 21 and able to watch every game every week anymore.
I have a season ticket, along with a bunch of other guys. We try to get to as many games as we can, but we know we aren't going to make them all. But when there's 12 of them to get to it doesn't matter if you miss a few. If there were only 8 or even 6 home games to go to, more fans would make an effort to get there.

Dissagree. I love the footy. And given the precious nature of this top flight competition (the only one in the world that can claim to be number one in its area) I would counter and state "The more the merrier"

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
I think this is a tremendous show actually. I have respect for what Gus has to say. This should actually have replaced the Footy show.

The only odd thing about this show and I wonder if anyone else has noticed, but Gus never seems too keen on what Ruan Sims has to say - or maybe he is like that to all of them..

Stallion

First Grade
I think this is a tremendous show actually. I have respect for what Gus has to say. This should actually have replaced the Footy show.

The only odd thing about this show and I wonder if anyone else has noticed, but Gus never seems too keen on what Ruan Sims has to say - or maybe he is like that to all of them..

Hes pretty much like that in general. He held a disdain for the male journo though. Some of the stuff coming out of that blokes mouth was reckless and uninformed.

Springs09

Juniors
And less enjoyment for us fans!

It's a shorter NRL season not a shorter RL season. I'd much prefer a 20-22 week season + 3 week mid-season rep window + 8 week international season than what we have at the moment - 25 week season + 1 week mid-season rep window + 3-4 week international season (if that).

Stallion

First Grade
It's a shorter NRL season not a shorter RL season. I'd much prefer a 20-22 week season + 3 week mid-season rep window + 8 week international season than what we have at the moment - 25 week season + 1 week mid-season rep window + 3-4 week international season (if that).

I see what you are saying.The break mid season to the NRL would be risky? I like your 8 week international window. But it's the tampering to the top flight NRL schedule which is the bread and butter of the code. I spose if all rep games including internationals were offered during the three week rep period it may keep fans content.It would have to be well thought out, encompassing other nations and well promoted. Interesting!

Springs09

Juniors
I see what you are saying.The break mid season to the NRL would be risky? I like your 8 week international window. But it's the tampering to the top flight NRL schedule which is the bread and butter of the code. I spose if all rep games including internationals were offered during the three week rep period it may keep fans content.It would have to be well thought out, encompassing other nations and well promoted. Interesting!

Well that's the idea. In the 3-week period you could have a full Eng v NZ test series each year and a full Pacific Cup. With State of Origin that's at least 4 games per weekend which is a lot better than the 4 or 5 game half-cooked split rounds we've had for the last decade.

Having the Baskerville Shield and Pacific Cup mid-season each year leaves the post-season for more inclusive international tournaments and tours, rather than Australia having the year off and England and New Zealand deciding they're too good to play anyone else.

The Friz

Juniors
Couldn't agree more with Gus regarding the 7 tackle rule. Worst rule ever brought into the game. Needs to be gotten rid of immediately.

gUt

Coach
Do you remember why it was introduced? Jamie Soward and nearly every other half just happy to whallop it over the dead ball line to reset the defence. Sounds like rugby to me zZzZzZz. Did Gus offer an alternative?

Stallion

First Grade
Couldn't agree more with Gus regarding the 7 tackle rule. Worst rule ever brought into the game. Needs to be gotten rid of immediately.

Noticed that journalist bloke was a union player. This explains some reckless statements he blurted out a few Mondays ago. He is not a good fit for this programme. Gus does not like.him and I can see why.

The Friz

Juniors
Do you remember why it was introduced? Jamie Soward and nearly every other half just happy to whallop it over the dead ball line to reset the defence. Sounds like rugby to me zZzZzZz. Did Gus offer an alternative?
There is that issue I will grant you. However, you shouldn't be penalised with 7 tackles for knocking on over the line, missing a field goal, a short kick dribbling over the deadline etc.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I love footy.

I’d rather see more teams and more games a week but shorter seasons. 20teams. 19game season. 9 home and away and 1 on the road.

Gives more room for proper rep calendar and event games like a world nines and reduces season fatigue.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is that issue I will grant you. However, you shouldn't be penalised with 7 tackles for knocking on over the line, missing a field goal, a short kick dribbling over the deadline etc.

Easy fix would be to change it to if the Ball is kicked from outside the 20m line it’s 7 tackles.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Good show, just wish they would do a 5 min highlights package of all the tries and scores from the weekend. I have noticed they only go over a few of the matches and when your team isnt doing to good, you dont hear anything about them. Other than that, it shits all over any other League show on FTA.

King hit

Coach
I gave this show a go tonight, the first time I've watched a League show for quite a long time. I enjoyed it and think this is a good show. Good serious footy talk about big issues in the game and healthy debate about the less serious issues.

I really enjoyed Gould's opinions and thought he made some very good points about games in regional places, the low crowd on Sunday and the referee system. They were well spoken without going over the top. The rest of the panel were informed about what was happening and added good insight especially Sims.

Would watch again

Stallion

First Grade
I gave this show a go tonight, the first time I've watched a League show for quite a long time. I enjoyed it and think this is a good show. Good serious footy talk about big issues in the game and healthy debate about the less serious issues.

I really enjoyed Gould's opinions and thought he made some very good points about games in regional places, the low crowd on Sunday and the referee system. They were well spoken without going over the top. The rest of the panel were informed about what was happening and added good insight especially Sims.

Would watch again

I couldn't stay up for the show. What was Gus saying about regional clubs?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
When Ruan Sims talks it reminds me so much of Wally Lewis it’s uncanny...

She seems to speak before she thinks so mixed up he words all the time and has a bit of captain obvious about her as well.

Latest posts