What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10k fine coming for Trent

jack coburn

Juniors
Why do roosters fans complain about saints diving. They are well know for doing it so why worry. They are a bunch of cat's end of story.

Saints deserved to win but just the fact their a bunch of cats makes me wish they lost.
An absolute blight on the game and embarrassment to the real hard players running around. No wonder people laugh at the game now.

dragons21

First Grade
When you participate in a forum you should try and understand what the topic of discussion is. No one forgot the tries, we were lucky. We are taking about the disgraceful diving by saints and the appalling refereeing and random involvement of the bunker. The comments on refereeing actually extend to bad decisions against your team too. Had we somehow managed to win I'm sure another thread just as long as this one would exist blowing up about those tries.

So you are another that likes the laying down for penalties?

So let me understand what the beef is - Chooks fans, despite getting the rub of the green yesterday for the bigger decisions (that lead to 12 points), are fuming about the Dragons players "laying down" for penalties.

Taking a guess at what the whinge is about:

1. First penalty goal of the game, Sam Moa jumps, leads with his shoulder, connects with the head of McCrone who is flattened. OH BUT WAIT, Sam Moa turned his head as he made contact so he didn't mean it (never mind his feet being off the ground for some reason? being 2-3 seconds late?). LOL- please....doubt he was staying down to milk it , he got creamed.

2. Mitch Rein getting whacked "late" in the second half, leading to 2 points. I agree, that wasnt a penalty, Reiny took it to the line and got what he deserved. In suggesting that he stayed down for the penalty though, he didn't return to the game....soooo??? he "stayed down" for 30 minutes and did not return for what reason??

3. McCrone staying down prohibiting the Roosters from taking a 20 meter restart. It probably was the most contentious "staying down" incident yesterday, however it was late, it was high, im flabbergasted how that wasn't a penalty. Seeing as you had been pinged for late hits TWICE ALREADY in that game, how the fk do your dumb ass players keep flirting with the line of danger?? Incorrect call - Dragons penalty EVERY day of the week.

4. Nightingale getting choked out and a crusher - clear as day what was doing there, another dumb penalty given away by the garbo....had absolutely no impact on the game. Reviewing the replay it looked like Nightingale was about to black out under the choke hold

5. The final key play, the play that has been smeared across the media and made NRL fans claim the game has gone soft...if you Rooster fans are whinging about us "staying down to milk penalties" - you are kidding. The kid was out before he hit the ground. Whether the reason he was knocked out was due to a headclash or not is irrelivant, the fact there was shoulder + arm contact to the head by Napa and Cordner constitutes a penalty every day of the week. If the Roosters score off the spread from that knock on and it gets reviewed by the bunker and its given a try - there would be uproar from around the league about how an act of foul play (THAT IS GIVEN A PENALTY IN EVERY OTHER MATCH THIS YEAR) could lead to the match winning try.

Oh, and for the whole "we dont stay down" , " we dont milk penalties" crap that your mob promote - how short your memory is.....Mr Guerra as recent as last years finals series admitted to playing for the penalty.

Guerra made the stunning admission he ?milked? the penalty and implored the NRL?s match review committee not to ruin the retiring Hodges? dream of a title finale when they announce their verdict today.
Asked if he jumped off the ground, as Hodges alleged, Guerra said: ?Yep, it?s a bit like that.
?To be honest, I played for the penalty.
If I tried my hardest (to resist Hodges and fellow Broncos defender Ben Hunt) I wouldn?t have got spear-tackled, but I got the penalty and I really hope it?s left where it is.??
EDIT: link --> http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ays-aidan-guerra/story-fndv2w3r-1227545180480

I find it laughable that coach Robbo talks so passionately about "whats rugby league" and "whats not Rugby League" - when his tactics of intentional fouling when the opposition has the ball in the red zone has been an absolute blight on the game in the last few seasons.

Oh, if he wants to leverage his concerns with the "Its ANZAC day, toughen up" spin, why doesn't he for once shut the f** up in an ANZAC day press conference - not too many diggers would have been whining and carrying on like a pork chop like he seems to do every ANZAC day.

Isn't this cute...dragons fans and Roosters fans arguing over one of the worst displays of footy in recent memory.

Any of the top 4 teams would've put 50 on both teams...per half!

It's like 2 bald men fighting over a comb.

I think it's cute that you think your team can score 50, Carch.

taxidriver

Coach
Why do roosters fans complain about saints diving. They are well know for doing it so why worry. They are a bunch of cat's end of story.

Saints deserved to win but just the fact their a bunch of cats makes me wish they lost.
An absolute blight on the game and embarrassment to the real hard players running around. No wonder people laugh at the game now.

way to obvious

0/10

not even a point for effort

So let me understand what the beef is - Chooks fans, despite getting the rub of the green yesterday for the bigger decisions (that lead to 12 points), are fuming about the Dragons players "laying down" for penalties.

1. First penalty goal of the game, Sam Moa jumps, leads with his shoulder, connects with the head of McCrone who is flattened. OH BUT WAIT, Sam Moa turned his head as he made contact so he didn't mean it (never mind his feet being off the ground for some reason? being 2-3 seconds late?). LOL- please....doubt he was staying down to milk it , he got creamed.

2. Mitch Rein getting whacked "late" in the second half, leading to 2 points. I agree, that wasnt a penalty, Reiny took it to the line and got what he deserved. In suggesting that he stayed down for the penalty though, he didn't return to the game....soooo??? he "stayed down" for 30 minutes and did not return for what reason??

3. McCrone staying down prohibiting the Roosters from taking a 20 meter restart. It probably was the most contentious "staying down" incident yesterday, however it was late, it was high, im flabbergasted how that wasn't a penalty. Seeing as you had been pinged for late hits TWICE ALREADY in that game, how the fk do your dumb ass players keep flirting with the line of danger?? Incorrect call - Dragons penalty EVERY day of the week.

4. Nightingale getting choked out and a crusher - clear as day what was doing there, another dumb penalty given away by the garbo....had absolutely no impact on the game. Reviewing the replay it looked like Nightingale was about to black out under the choke hold

5. The final key play, the play that has been smeared across the media and made NRL fans claim the game has gone soft...if you Rooster fans are whinging about us "staying down to milk penalties" - you are kidding. The kid was out before he hit the ground. Whether the reason he was knocked out was due to a headclash or not is irrelivant, the fact there was shoulder + arm contact to the head by Napa and Cordner constitutes a penalty every day of the week. If the Roosters score off the spread from that knock on and it gets reviewed by the bunker and its given a try - there would be uproar from around the league about how an act of foul play (THAT IS GIVEN A PENALTY IN EVERY OTHER MATCH THIS YEAR) could lead to the match winning try.

Oh, and for the whole "we dont stay down" , " we dont milk penalties" crap that your mob promote - how short your memory is.....Mr Guerra as recent as last years finals series admitted to playing for the penalty.

Guerra made the stunning admission he “milked” the penalty and implored the NRL’s match review committee not to ruin the retiring Hodges’ dream of a title finale when they announce their verdict today.
Asked if he jumped off the ground, as Hodges alleged, Guerra said: “Yep, it’s a bit like that.
“To be honest, I played for the penalty.
If I tried my hardest (to resist Hodges and fellow Broncos defender Ben Hunt) I wouldn’t have got spear-tackled, but I got the penalty and I really hope it’s left where it is.’’
EDIT: link --> http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ays-aidan-guerra/story-fndv2w3r-1227545180480

I find it laughable that coach Robbo talks so passionately about "whats rugby league" and "whats not Rugby League" - when his tactics of intentional fouling when the opposition has the ball in the red zone has been an absolute blight on the game in the last few seasons.

Oh, if he wants to leverage his concerns with the "Its ANZAC day, toughen up" spin, why doesn't he for once shut the f** up in an ANZAC day press conference - not too many diggers would have been whining and carrying on like a pork chop like he seems to do every ANZAC day.

Spot on, on every point. Well said.

The real embarrassment is Robinson.

I expect the Roosters fans on here to bleat and cry (please keep crying, it's hilarious) about conspiracies, but
not from their coach.

And lol at the "look them in the eye" comment. Cummin's looks Friend directly in the eye and tells him the shot was late, as all the other ones were.

"Look at moi Friendy. Friendy, look at moi..."

Cockosh

Juniors

Guerra made the stunning admission he ?milked? the penalty and implored the NRL?s match review committee not to ruin the retiring Hodges? dream of a title finale when they announce their verdict today.
Asked if he jumped off the ground, as Hodges alleged, Guerra said: ?Yep, it?s a bit like that.
?To be honest, I played for the penalty.
If I tried my hardest (to resist Hodges and fellow Broncos defender Ben Hunt) I wouldn?t have got spear-tackled, but I got the penalty and I really hope it?s left where it is.??

Try being realistic mate. Yesterday was an embarrassment from saints.

The whole roosters give away penalties on their line myth has been busted. We averaged less than one penalty per game inside our own ten.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Isn't this cute...dragons fans and Roosters fans arguing over one of the worst displays of footy in recent memory.

Any of the top 4 teams would've put 50 on both teams...per half!

It's like 2 bald men fighting over a comb.

You've certainly had lot's to say about it. Is this your 3rd or 4th post in the thread?

dragons21

First Grade
Try being realistic mate. Yesterday was an embarrassment from saints.

The whole roosters give away penalties on their line myth has been busted. We averaged less than one penalty per game inside our own ten.

Where in those 5 key points/moments am I being unrealistic?

2 players accused of "staying down" in the "contentious" incidents did not return to the field.

The other 2 incidents had a half-back being felled by front rowers.

I do not rate players staying down to get a pentalty - its just funny when the likes of Inglis do it, or Josh Reyonlds, or Ennis - its almost laughed at and looked at as a very smart play by "whiley" players.

Cockosh

Juniors
Oh when the saints
Are lying down
Oh when the saints are lying down

Pretty embarrassing from what should be a proud club

Nightingale choked and a crusher. hahahahaha fair dinkum!!!! He nearly scores 2 tackles later

Cockosh

Juniors
Anyway let's agree to disagree. There no more to add to this. My team is shit this year and didn't deserve to win yesterday and on form to date don't deserve to play finals. I can live with that as shitty as it is. But that was appalling from saints yesterday. I've never left a game so irate. Saints are actually a club I don't mind and players like nightingale I have admired but that was just pathetic and obvious. Saints fans keep deflecting by saying we are butt hurt at losing but we have repeatedly said we didn't deserve to win. Your players lay down.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
He didn't just spray Cummins, he gave it to the Bunker as well.

The particular referee doesn't really matter anyway, it's interchangeable.

It doesn't matter that he didn't just spray Cummins. The fact that he suggested that Cummins has an agenda against his team invalidates everything else he said. He might as well have been wearing a foil hat yesterday.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
When you participate in a forum you should try and understand what the topic of discussion is.

Thread title = "10k fine coming for Trent".

The topic of discussion is Robinson's comments at the press conference. You tried to deflect by making it about players lying down...

Vic Mackey

Referee
the laying down seemed worse then usual yesterday because it happened so often and the dives were so exaggerated. but lets be serious, its a game issue as opposed to a dragons issue.

league used to be about being tough and getting to your feet no matter how hurt you were. we used to pride ourselves on being the toughest sport in the world. stories like sattlers broken jaw spoken about in legend, something no other sport could match. we laughed at soccers divers and at AFLs pathetic 'melee's.'

these days we are just as bad if not worse then soccer. seeing nightingale kicking out in the tackle trying to get to his feet, then grabbing his forehead in agony, however quickly realising he is playing for a crusher penalty and not a head high so then grabbing his neck, was beyond embarrassing. as was adam reynolds staying down, deciding to get up, but then have paul carter run over and tell him to stay down so they could check for a penalty.

these are just examples but every team is doing it. i partly blame the referees too. if they pulled up blatant high tackles a lot of players wouldnt have to stay down. the amount of times we see a player stay down, its looked at on replay only to see him get collected flush in the head is ridiclous. the referees dont want to make a decision so are waiting to see if the players stay down and will allow the video to rule on it. all responsibility is taken off them.

we really need to say 'if the referees miss it bad luck.' it will put more responsibility on the refs to actually make a call and stop this embarssing diving that we see every game.

Latest posts