What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Prelim Final 1 | Fri | Sea Eagles 26-14 Broncos | SFS

Grand Finalist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lynx000

Juniors
I agree that you would have to favour Manly to win now, the only cautionary observation I would make is that Gillett is an absolute freak, if he is on and does not let the occasion get to him, anything could happen on Friday night.

Garts

Bench
Feel for Locky being out, does not deserve this. Although it makes the contest more even now with us missing Stewart, King, Lussick and Williams.

Lowdown

Juniors
Feel for Locky being out, does not deserve this. Although it makes the contest more even now with us missing Stewart, King, Lussick and Williams.

Oh purleez...'more even now'?

Get your hand off it man. Manly are such hot favourites, that if you guys don't proceed to the the GF it will be the biggest upset in modern Preliminary Finals history.

skeepe

Immortal

Get your hand off it man. Manly are such hot favourites, that if you guys don't proceed to the the GF it will be the biggest upset in modern Preliminary Finals history.

3rd beating 2nd the biggest? Really?

I would have said Cowboys 29 Eels 0, but whatever floats your boat.

Lowdown

Juniors
3rd beating 2nd the biggest? Really?

I would have said Cowboys 29 Eels 0, but whatever floats your boat.

3rd playing 2nd? 3rd minus Locker playing 2nd.

As for Parra playing Cows, it was 1st playing 5th - but the difference between them was just two wins for the season. The upset was more about the fact it was 29-nil.

Now, if Thurston was missing, and the Cows won - now thats an upset.

Garts

Bench

I was throwing some bait out to get a nibble then you come out with this. I would tell you to get your hand off it but I assume you have ripped yours clean off. What a dumb comment.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
3rd playing 2nd? 3rd minus Locker playing 2nd.

As for Parra playing Cows, it was 1st playing 5th - but the difference between them was just two wins for the season. The upset was more about the fact it was 29-nil.

Now, if Thurston was missing, and the Cows won - now thats an upset.

You are absolutely clutching there.
He's right, the Cowboys win over the Eels would rank as a bigger upset for sure and certain.
Look at it any way you like, Manly are down on troops without King and G Stewart whether you like it or not. Yes Lockyer is a MASSIVE loss for the Bronco's but throw King and G Stewart into Manly's team and we'd be unbackable.
Regardless, this should still be a pretty close game I'd imagine.
Manly by 7.

effnic

Bench
Not happy at all about locky pulling out. Imo the broncos just got harder to beat. Not saying locky is a shit player just saying would of been easier if he chose to play injured. Now the team will lift for him.

2010Dragons

Bench
Not happy at all about locky pulling out. Imo the broncos just got harder to beat. Not saying locky is a shit player just saying would of been easier if he chose to play injured. Now the team will lift for him.

If Manly can't lift in a Prelim Final then they should not be there!!

The broncos are busted.... I was at Suncorp last week and I counted four Bronco players who walked off injured at fulltime.
Reed: shoulder , Parker: knee/leg, Lockyer: jaw/cheek and Teo: arm .
All carrying serious injuries into this game.

Manly will win by 20+

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
Gillet just won't be a running 5/8 like most people suspect, he has a pretty good passing game on him surprisingly. He won't be kicking though, Wallace will always handle the ball on the last.

Last edited:

effnic

Bench
If Manly can't lift in a Prelim Final then they should not be there!!

The broncos are busted.... I was at Suncorp last week and I counted four Bronco players who walked off injured at fulltime.
Reed: shoulder , Parker: knee/leg, Lockyer: jaw/cheek and Teo: arm .
All carrying serious injuries into this game.

Manly will win by 20+

You make some very good points young padwan.