What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Prelim Final 1 | Fri | Sea Eagles 26-14 Broncos | SFS

Grand Finalist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ceagle

Bench
Manly would target Lockyer anyway if he wasn't injured, he isn't a strong defender by any means. I don't Manly will change their gameplan too much because of this.

ceagle

Bench
Just plates in his face? I work with a guy who had the exact same surgery earlier this year and while he's not an elite athlete he said the week after you're taking mountains of pills (anti-inflamatory and anti-biotics).

Your stomach is not your friend and any kind of physical activity is pretty tough as well as your face still being swollen as hell and very, very tender.

Lockyer will be going out and playing one of the most physical sports you can play which is why people are all up in arms and saying the decision should be taken out of his hands.

Five days after major face surgery most people wouldn't even think of dragging themselves out of bed let alone playing a full contact sport. You can't play this down. To write it off as no big deal just shows how ignorant you are. It'll be one of the toughest things I've ever seen in sport.
You have to admire his passion to play, he even has to drive all the way down to Sydney because they won't let him fly.

woodyk2

First Grade
Just plates in his face? I work with a guy who had the exact same surgery earlier this year and while he's not an elite athlete he said the week after you're taking mountains of pills (anti-inflamatory and anti-biotics).

Your stomach is not your friend and any kind of physical activity is pretty tough as well as your face still being swollen as hell and very, very tender.

Lockyer will be going out and playing one of the most physical sports you can play which is why people are all up in arms and saying the decision should be taken out of his hands.

Five days after major face surgery most people wouldn't even think of dragging themselves out of bed let alone playing a full contact sport. You can't play this down. To write it off as no big deal just shows how ignorant you are. It'll be one of the toughest things I've ever seen in sport.
toughest or stupidest?

Lowdown

Juniors
I'd be surprised if Lockyer plays but not shocked. Id be shocked if he plays but emerges ok afterwards.

There's a massive risk carrying this sort of injury into such a huge game.

Other injuries - you can needle it up and hope for the best. Not this one - its a massive gamble.

Manly will be sending Watmough, Matai, Lyons, Williams at him all night long. There will be no place for him to hide.

Broncos 13+. DCE to be smashed by Hodges. Get ready for the second year syndrome manly fans. Unless you let him go and use anther rookie again.

blaza88z

Coach
I'd be surprised if Lockyer plays but not shocked. Id be shocked if he plays but emerges ok afterwards.

There's a massive risk carrying this sort of injury into such a huge game.

Other injuries - you can needle it up and hope for the best. Not this one - its a massive gamble.

Manly will be sending Watmough, Matai, Lyons, Williams at him all night long. There will be no place for him to hide.

He must be shaking in his golden boots.

blaza88z

Coach
You know what, all you Manly mugs can do is refer to us as inbreds, maybe that's why we've been so successful for so long, we breed champion players far too often maybe that's why you call us inbreds.

Latest posts