What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Prelim Final 1 | Fri | Sea Eagles 26-14 Broncos | SFS

Grand Finalist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

user_nat

Coach
The Broncos have had a fairly cosy run of late. They haven't played outside of Brisbane in 4 or 5 weeks. They will need to play a lot better than when they beat a depleted Manly team by 8 points.

A rested Manly will be up for this regardless of what happens with Lockyer and should win.

No doubt. Won't get close to beating Manly playing like that again.
I'd say we have been a large amount better in our 2 games since.

Also agreed about our recent run. We have won 8 in a row, but 6 of those were at home. Young guys have handled the finals pressure great so far, but it might not be so easy without 50,000 people cheering you on.

Make sure there isn't any piss on your seat before you sit down.
We don't piss in other peoples seats. That would be rude.

Pigskin

Juniors
Like Brisbane winning by 22 last week? You guys will have no chance if Locky doesn't play, Manly 13+ if he's not there

Hutty, I think you have picked enough losers for this year ... don't keep adding to it ... its getting monotonous teasing you before all the big games and then just smiling afterwards ... origin, club ... now your team is gone and you want more

You may not have noticed, but every time i posted in that thread, the margin got bigger hehe ... you bite well :D

Shouldn't you be on mad monday or something ?

Make no mistake, without Lockyer, we can most certainly win ... we just can't win over an extended period of time

a game or possibly 2 ... no problem

Don't cry when it happens

Oink !

ps we are the greatest club of any code in the country, oh and btw ... we don't lose grand finals ;-)

Hutty1986

Immortal
Hutty, I think you have picked enough losers for this year ... don't keep adding to it ... its getting monotonous teasing you before all the big games and then just smiling afterwards ... origin, club ... now your team is gone and you want more

You may not have noticed, but every time i posted in that thread, the margin got bigger hehe ... you bite well :D

Shouldn't you be on mad monday or something ?

Make no mistake, without Lockyer, we can most certainly win ... we just can't win over an extended period of time

a game or possibly 2 ... no problem

Don't cry when it happens

Oink !

ps we are the greatest club of any code in the country, oh and btw ... we don't lose grand finals ;-)

You might win a game or possibly 2 against Cronulla.. sliiightly different story taking on a fired up manly side in a GF qualifier.

:lol: And of course, you're just "baiting" now

AuDragon

Juniors
You might win a game or possibly 2 against Cronulla.. sliiightly different story taking on a fired up manly side in a GF qualifier.
Or Dragons... :sarcasm:

Your team's Saturday performance doesn't deserve your dribble. They would have won against pretty much any other team, including a "fired up Manly", but hey, I guess you like to f*ck by proxy too... :roll:

Hutty1986

Immortal

Your team's Saturday performance doesn't deserve your dribble. They would have won against pretty much any other team, including a "fired up Manly", but hey, I guess you like to f*ck by proxy too... :roll:

Dribble? I'm simply referring to the possibility of Locky not playing and what it would do to your chances, it's hardly outlandish is it :lol: Settle down

AuDragon

Juniors
Dribble? I'm simply referring to the possibility of Locky not playing and what it would do to your chances, it's hardly outlandish is it :lol: Settle down
Ah okay, fair enough. So you reckon we'll roll Manly if Locky does play, right? :sarcasm:

MSIH

Bench

Gee you're precious. Must be nervous.

ceagle

Bench
If Broncos don't get a 6-2 penalty count we win. They weren't that impressive imo, Dragons were trapped in there half and no juice in the tank to get it out of there after defending multiple sets. I was shitting my self about maybe having to play the Dragons during that match, the Donkeys had that much possession and still couldn't break them, I knew that if we played the Dragons, and the possession was anywhere near equal we didn't have a shot.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
I couldn't tip this game if I had an electronic tipping machine and a doctorate in tipponometry

Understatement of the year........hutty pick a winner? :lol: :lol:

thumb-LOSERS.png

blaza88z

Coach
If Broncos don't get a 6-2 penalty count we win. They weren't that impressive imo, Dragons were trapped in there half and no juice in the tank to get it out of there after defending multiple sets. I was shitting my self about maybe having to play the Dragons during that match, the Donkeys had that much possession and still couldn't break them, I knew that if we played the Dragons, and the possession was anywhere near equal we didn't have a shot.

It should of been 12-2, you wanna talk about the "ifs and buts", if Cherry doesn't hit the crossbar off a bomb you don't gain the momentum that led to a minor comeback, if Yow Yeh's try was allowed (which could have went either way) then the scoreline is rather large at half time in our favor, if Parker kicks all his goals we win by 14, realistically we were never going to cover the margin required to get 2nd spot on the ladder and the only motivation was the same motivation that has been driving the team since Lockyer announced his retirement, it was a nothing game with no major advantage for the winner

you'd be an idiot to say we haven't improved since that game, if it was Manly on Saturday night and not Brisbane could you say with 150% confidence your team would have beaten the Dragons? if not then you need to take a step back and not be so confident your team will dominate, it will be a good competitive game of footy and I don't believe any fan of either side can be supremely confident

ceagle

Bench
It should of been 12-2, you wanna talk about the "ifs and buts", if Cherry doesn't hit the crossbar off a bomb you don't gain the momentum that led to a minor comeback, if Yow Yeh's try was allowed (which could have went either way) then the scoreline is rather large at half time in our favor, if Parker kicks all his goals we win by 14, realistically we were never going to cover the margin required to get 2nd spot on the ladder and the only motivation was the same motivation that has been driving the team since Lockyer announced his retirement, it was a nothing game with no major advantage for the winner

you'd be an idiot to say we haven't improved since that game, if it was Manly on Saturday night and not Brisbane could you say with 150% confidence your team would have beaten the Dragons? if not then you need to take a step back and not be so confident your team will dominate, it will be a good competitive game of footy and I don't believe any fan of either side can be supremely confident
The 6-2 penalty count was from the Dragons game you mong, I was not talking about rd 26 :lol:

blaza88z

Coach
well even in that game, it should have been more, how many times did Hornby shepard his backs, it only got noticed when Yow Yeh went to ground

ceagle

Bench
I am saying if the Broncos don't dominate the penalty count and win the possession battle we should win comfortably.