What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R13 | Fri | Eels 14-14* Dragons | Parramatta #nrlparstg

R13: STG v PAR

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dominant halves in pressure situations direct the troops from the frontline and get their hands on the ball as much as possible. They don't just stand back telling forwards to take hit ups.

you are either a really bad troll or just plain stupid.

soward was directing his troops from the back like a smart leader should as he was setting himself up for the FG and shadowing the play.

Red Bear

Referee
Match would've been fine as a draw after full time, golden point is shit.

Tagive is coming along OK for someone having their second first grade game since a knee reco, looks shakey but could be a pretty good player going forwards for them.

Parra played better than they have in previous weeks, actually looked like potentially scoring points.

Reffing was annoying tonight, alot of forward passes missed I thought.

Tagive is coming along OK for someone having their second first grade game since a knee reco, looks shakey but could be a pretty good player going forwards for them.

he made one big mistake that could of cost us the game, but I think his intention was to bounce of the tackler, either that or he shat himself lol

he will get better as he gets wiser, has some good natural abilities.

also would of loved to see him go for the bomb hayne put up instead of letting it bounce.

Danish

Referee
you are either a really bad troll or just plain stupid.

soward was directing his troops from the back like a smart leader should as he was setting himself up for the FG and shadowing the play.

yep... all those morons like lockyer, thurston, cronk etc dont know what they are doing when they get ball in hand as much as possible in those situations

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think people are being harsh on Tagive with him going out. It was very slippery & it was only going to end badly, but he if he didn't take it people would bag him for showing no balls.

Tagive is obviously a talent, but one thing he nneeds to work on is his slowness turning back for a kick - takes him a while to wind up.

yep... all those morons like lockyer, thurston, cronk etc dont know what they are doing when they get ball in hand as much as possible in those situations

in this situation, this is what they thought was best and safest way comming up to the closing stages to get him in the position he wants.

our forwards were capable of getting the metres need and they did, but then you got players making a bad decision (going from dummy half+playing the ball almost in a jason ryles fashion)

its not his fault, he did the right thing.

I think people are being harsh on Tagive with him going out. It was very slippery & it was only going to end badly, but he if he didn't take it people would bag him for showing no balls.

Tagive is obviously a talent, but one thing he nneeds to work on is his slowness turning back for a kick - takes him a while to wind up.

I'm not bagging him, just being honest with my observations.

Vic Mackey

Referee
awesome game to watch

i always thought the dragons were going to come home and win but the eels really dug in

Eelementary

Post Whore
I can't understand how people can bag Hayne so much. The expectations on him are ridiculous.

Jarryd Hayne saved the game for Parramatta with his charge-down - which he did from fullback. He sprinted past our defensive line to put pressure on Soward and save us.

He is a freaking legend.

Apey

Staff member
I'm not blaming soward for his drop goal shots. I'm saying that a SOO level 5/8 should be touching the ball more than just on the last when kicking in golden point.

you wont see great, dominant halves like thurston, Lockyer or Cronk taking a back seat in those situations. they'll touch the ball most tackles, direct the play, and try and be constantly looking for an opportunity for the win.

Soward has been involved in a few pressure situations like that one in his time and often stays well clear of the ball unless he is taking a field goal shot.

fair enough if that's what you were talking about then.

I still disagree. I don't think he needs to be that involved except for kicking for the corners and taking the field goals.

I can't understand how people can bag Hayne so much. The expectations on him are ridiculous.

haha it's just a balancing of extremes, media wanks about a player as if they're the second coming of Jesus, and forum fans will act like the player is Fitzhenry

I think people are being harsh on Tagive with him going out.

eh, he almost ran for the sideline.... ran way too close in wet conditions, needs to dart in or hold back much earlier, not when he's less than a metre away... he was never, ever going to stay in when he left it to the last second to move away from the sideline

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee

will come with recovery from the knee reco. about 18 months is when you hit your peak again

skeepe

Immortal
Jarryd Hayne saved the game for Parramatta with his charge-down - which he did from fullback. He sprinted past our defensive line to put pressure on Soward and save us.

He is a freaking legend.

See, this is why people are sick of the Hayne wankfest... because people just plain make shit up in their attempts to glorify his actions.

As Danish clearly posted earlier, he came from marker. And left early at that.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It was a nice charge down and all but I remember a game where Marshall Chalk charged down a field goal and somehow caught it. People don't talk about Marshall Chalk as some kind of second coming of Jesus. It was the job of someone to try and get in the way of the field goal. Hayne did his job. Nothing more. I was more impressed with the drop goal attempt and the general power he has on his boot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It was a nice charge down and all but I remember a game where Marshall Chalk charged down a field goal and somehow caught it. People don't talk about Marshall Chalk as some kind of second coming of Jesus.

Marshall Chalk didn't run for 250 metres, save 2 tries and have a fair crack at a 60m field goal.

Hayne tries his guts out for his team and with no other attacking options at the Eels he's the most heavily marked player in the game. All the other guns have a sidekick - Thurston (Bowen), Marshall (Farah), Smith (Slater) and Carney (Pearce).

This Year?

Immortal
I'm happy with the result given the circumstances. As soon as it went to golden point I thought we were goners.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
marshall chalk didn't run for 250 metres, save 2 tries and have a fair crack at a 60m field goal.

Hayne tries his guts out for his team and with no other attacking options at the eels he's the most heavily marked player in the game. All the other guns have a sidekick - thurston (bowen), marshall (farah), smith (slater) and carney (pearce).

:BDH: give it a rest jesus

mxlegend99

Referee
Jarryd Hayne put in a typical Michael Gordon performance. Without the linebreaks and tries to go with it...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
See, this is why people are sick of the Hayne wankfest... because people just plain make shit up in their attempts to glorify his actions.

As Danish clearly posted earlier, he came from marker. And left early at that.
He also nearly blew it by giving us back the ball immediately after he caught it. Had Soward received a bit cleaner ball he wouldn't have had a chance of stopping it.