What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Origin III | Wed 17 Jul | NSW 10-12 QLD | ANZ

Origin III: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Card Shark

Immortal
May as well stick with Maloney next year now.

Why make the same mistake 2 years of blooding a 5/8th, then dumping him for a debutant.

Pearce on the other hand....has to go, Reynolds (A) will be good to go by them.

wibble

Bench
How was Matt Scott not Man of the Match?

Definitely, he was brilliant. Tate was about last on the list to get MotM from Queensland (which still puts him way ahead of most of NSW).

Well, that series copied the last two. NSW good in one game, QLD brilliant in another, then a close game but QLD too classy.

If Gallen, Hayne and Fergo played, and Scott, Slater and Hodges didn't, I'm not sure the result would have been the same.

If Gallen played and they lost I'd be gutted, but most of the rest of those imposters in Blue don't deserve a series, they can't get it together long enough to beat the always more composed QLD side.

Watmough played his best in ages, and showed he still has it, Lewis was clearly injured (YAY, origin wipes out my team making a run for the top 4 again!!), Bird was strong as always, Farah was good in patches but showed he loses it under pressure, Dugan dropped the game but played some good parts, Fifita was great, an Origin stand out for the Blues, and comfortably their best over the three games (not sure why he wasn't given more game time at the end). Merrin gets props for his try. Cordner needs more chances at Origin level.

The rest are an embarassment, some of them are so far off rep level it is amazing that a state with as many players to draw upon can't find better (everyone's looking at you there Pearce). Surely after 8 we can ditch the selectors and try players who have been good at NRL level.

Even QLDs weaker players (like their MotM) don't implode like the NSW players. Scott, Smith, Thaiday, Cronk, Thurston, Boyd, Slater were all way too good, better than any NSW player, it was a miracle the game was so close.

Oh well. I'm not that upset, as it shows NSW desperately still need Gallen (and Hayne), and Fifita was great. The only really disappointing thing is Lewis' injury. Good luck again next year QLD, you won't need it if NSW keep doing the same things they've done these last few years.

Swarzey

Bench
If he plays again or at least gets picked next year, then we can pretty much say he'll never be dropped.

Three times we had overlaps and he opted to go back on the inside and try and score himself, twice by kicking that just went straight into Queensland hands.

Completely missed Lewis. His presence was noticeable. In game one, when the forwards got tired, he really stepped up and again, tonight there was a moment where he would have been incredible to our attack. I really do hope he recovers well.

Delboy

First Grade
Pearce has actually got worse since he started playing origin, Daley is a complete dickhead if he keeps picking him

Offers zero in attack, has a big boot but no accuracy, and couldn't set up Lego

Seriously useless

skeepe

Immortal
Some great numbers for NSW forwards, just proves that better halves and they would have won IMO

Watmough 127 metres
Fifita 126 metres
Hoffman 122 metres
Tamou 89 metres
Woods 18 metres :lol::lol::lol:

BranVan3000

Coach
Some great numbers for NSW forwards, just proves that better halves and they would have won IMO

Watmough 127 metres
Fifita 126 metres
Hoffman 122 metres
Tamou 89 metres
Woods 18 metres :lol::lol::lol:

Fmd is Woods the worst prop ever to play for NSW?

Dave_

Juniors
I truly believe that Mitchell wouldn't make most other NRL clubs first grade sides. Surely the Roosters have a better halves prospect coming through than him. He's embarrassing.

I would be devastated if he played for my club. It's hard enough supporting him for 3 matches a year let alone 26. It's unbelievable how no one in the media ever says a negative thing about him, yet it's the most well known fact in all league circles that he's not only a terrible player but very close to being the worst player in the competition.

If Jarrod Mullen and Todd Carney were out there tonight, the Blues win the game by 12.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Surely we must be able to manipulate the rules so Sonny Bill can play?

Tunza Carroll did it.

Something. anything? Can he kill Pearce at training at least?

English Rose

Juniors
The halves for NSW were terrible. Relied too much on Farrah to do all the playmaking. Should have gone for Carney/ A Reynolds combo

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Farah really stepped up while Pearce was picking dandelions, great captains performance but he couldn't do it all himself.