What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | France 6-22 Samoa | Perpignan

Group B: France v Samoa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harrigan

Juniors
Did you guys lose the feed? We did.

The difference in this game has been defence. Samoa know how to, France don't.

This sets up the match of the round next week though! Fiji/Samoa will be awesome.

England will beat France 60-0.

Nothern

Juniors
The ref was a shocker: almost lost it all by taking no decisive action for some awful "tackles".

Last edited:

Bovrick

Juniors
JPB just put in the most amazingly awful pass I've ever seen. Add it to SBW, Rapana and Mataora for epic fails of the WC

Joely01

Bench
I'm bummed. I missed the first half of the game as it said it started at 7pm on this page. Damn it

newman

First Grade
Don't they train at Catalans? Geez France have faded badly in the last 20 in every game.

Tone83

Juniors
Did you guys lose the feed? We did.

The difference in this game has been defence. Samoa know how to, France don't.

This sets up the match of the round next week though! Fiji/Samoa will be awesome.

England will beat France 60-0.

I think france know how to defend, they just weigh on average about 60 kgs, while the smallest samoan is about 105 kgs. All things considered it was an incredibly valiant effort by the frogs.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Is there a more frustrating side to watch than France? They can mix it with most sides but just lack that polish to get over the top of them. And so many just plain indefensible errors, especially from players who are playing at a professional level and Remi Castry, every game he has a few errors in him, he is the Mark Minichello of France.

I thought Perenara had a shocker, how many infringments does a team have to have beofre the sin-bin comes in to play? I hate the non-use of the bin for foul play, how does a team on the receiving end benefit from just a penalty given their play-maker has been taken out? The side they play next week is the beneficiary not the team that the infringement against them.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I hope who ever Samoa play in the up coming games that the team they face (hopefully one of the Big 3) smash the living shit out of the lot of them with as much dirty play as they so obviously love to dish out.

Tone83

Juniors
I don't even think they were that dirty, the hits were only so bad because the frenchmen are so absurdly small. It reminded me of my grade 7 rugby team, where my mate reached puberty and turned into a man and was injuring about 6 kids per game, with their parents outraged on the sideline about his dirty play, but he was just doing normal tackles. Vagana (hope that doesn't get censored? Is that really his name?) said it best "just a case of a big islander running into a small frenchmen". Masoe seemed to try and pull out of his hit but just jogging chest first into the child-like french guy nearly killed him.

I think the french are just 35 odd years behind the times, it is no longer a small man's game. They look ridiculous out there and need to field bigger guys, even if it means they aren't as skilled.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I don't even think they were that dirty, the hits were only so bad because the frenchmen are so absurdly small. It reminded me of my grade 7 rugby team, where my mate reached puberty and turned into a man and was injuring about 6 kids per game, with their parents outraged on the sideline about his dirty play, but he was just doing normal tackles. Vagana (hope that doesn't get censored? Is that really his name?) said it best "just a case of a big islander running into a small frenchmen". Masoe seemed to try and pull out of his hit but just jogging chest first into the child-like french guy nearly killed him.

I think the french are just 35 odd years behind the times, it is no longer a small man's game. They look ridiculous out there and need to field bigger guys, even if it means they aren't as skilled.

I agree with all that, I was talking more about the cheap late crap, no need for it in any game.

African Monkey

First Grade

Exactly right. The tackles looked a lot worse that they actually were in slow motion. Didn't help with the crowd moaning and the halves staying down like they had been shot.

Latest posts