What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | France 6-22 Samoa | Perpignan

Group B: France v Samoa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hitman51

Juniors
I hope who ever Samoa play in the up coming games that the team they face (hopefully one of the Big 3) smash the living shit out of the lot of them with as much dirty play as they so obviously love to dish out.

Only one of those hits was borderline cheap the rest was just the french boys being a bunch of girls about it. you see far worse in an unders 7s game. Dont worry bout any team Samoa play cause if ya put a cheap shot on those boys you know its game out the window and putting your opposition in hospital lol.

Son of Minto

Bench
I don't even think they were that dirty, the hits were only so bad because the frenchmen are so absurdly small. It reminded me of my grade 7 rugby team, where my mate reached puberty and turned into a man and was injuring about 6 kids per game, with their parents outraged on the sideline about his dirty play, but he was just doing normal tackles. Vagana (hope that doesn't get censored? Is that really his name?) said it best "just a case of a big islander running into a small frenchmen". Masoe seemed to try and pull out of his hit but just jogging chest first into the child-like french guy nearly killed him.

I think the french are just 35 odd years behind the times, it is no longer a small man's game. They look ridiculous out there and need to field bigger guys, even if it means they aren't as skilled.

This post is so f**king stupid. Please be trolling. Jesus christ.

Tone83

Juniors
I agree with all that, I was talking more about the cheap late crap, no need for it in any game.
Yeah but the late stuff looked ten times worse because their tiny french frames rattled around so violently due to offering no resistance. Perhaps on a normal man sized human it wouldn't necessarily have looked like a pole-axing bone rattling hit, but just two guys coming into contact with one another.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Were you there Miguel?

No, was at Avignon however. Would have been better last night.

I have no quarms with the hits and the ten minute bin. The trip should have been sin-binned however, that is a huge stuff up fro Peranara. Could well have cost France the game.

nadera78

Juniors
Masoe could have pulled out if he'd wanted to, but wasn't anywhere near as bad as the first two shots. They were so late it was untrue, and those guys are definitely missing next week. There's absolutely no defence for hitting someone in the back, at full speed, when the ball is already working it's way down the line. It's BS.

The only complaint I have about the whole tournament is the standard of refs, particularly from down under. Perenara, Hayne and Klein are absolutely awful. What you take from last night is that you basically get two free shots at your opposition halves before the ref will intervene. You just have to make sure they count.

Last edited:

Tone83

Juniors
I will agree this WC is showing that australian refs are the worst in the world, as we kind of assumed I suppose, but it's been very clear this WC. Hearing the reasoning of the british video refs as they go through the footage has been very interesting, even shocking to note they seem to have real eyes (as opposed to painted on ones) and common sense.

Springs

First Grade
I don't even think they were that dirty, the hits were only so bad because the frenchmen are so absurdly small. It reminded me of my grade 7 rugby team, where my mate reached puberty and turned into a man and was injuring about 6 kids per game, with their parents outraged on the sideline about his dirty play, but he was just doing normal tackles. Vagana (hope that doesn't get censored? Is that really his name?) said it best "just a case of a big islander running into a small frenchmen". Masoe seemed to try and pull out of his hit but just jogging chest first into the child-like french guy nearly killed him.

I think the french are just 35 odd years behind the times, it is no longer a small man's game. They look ridiculous out there and need to field bigger guys, even if it means they aren't as skilled.

That's so dumb. If someone is small it doesn't matter, a big man can't hit them high. It wasn't dirty but it's still a penalty.

It is still a small man's game. If you are good enough size doesn't matter and a bad big player shouldn't be picked over a good small player just because he's big.

Latest posts