What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Semi Final | New Zealand 20-18 England | Wembley

Semi Final: NZ v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Game of the year no doubt. Sinfield ruined an excellent personal game with a poor decision.

England can hold their heads high, they played superbly. There's improvement in NZ.

franklin2323

Immortal
Poms must have mental scars from not being good enough in recent times.

A few blown chances cost them against Aus. Same tonight. Hall's drop. Westwood dropping it over the line & Sinfield's fairly easy missed conversion.

Was the difference.
Also some poor decisions 2mins left. Always kick to touch mid field bomb :lol::lol:

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Wow gutted for England but surely that game still did wonders for RL in the UK. Huge crowd, iconic stadium really brave, gutsy english team live on BBC. Any open minded sports fan has to acknowledge that as one of the most intense, thrilling, skillful and passionate sporting contest in all sports in recent memory.

So much for the world cup being a farce and not meaning anything

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
England are a decent halves pair away from being top quality. Forwards did more than enough for a win.

Happy the warriors signed Tomkins, but he will have to learn quickly that the crabbing across field doesn't work at NRL level.

I thought Widdop was outstanding today. Sinfield I've always thought of as a ball playing lock.

afinalsin666

First Grade
If you could go back and do it again, you'd take G Burgess off at 70. He isn't mature enough to handle the pressure of the last minutes like that. That high shot was ludicrous.

thorson1987

Coach
:lol:

Im living in the past???

This from the assclown who has an avatar of JT when he was playing for the Bulldogs... :lol:

How about you pay Fiji the due respect they deserve and stop talking about the final before you have even made it...

You mean like this.

England wont make it. This is a dream run for us, hard semi v England then the final v oz who havnt been tested. game hardened v stale :cool:

no wonder they'll only play us in one offs, bring it on...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Sadly the game might not get the attention it deserves now that England are out, but a loss like that can really galvanise new fans behind a team in future and I hope that happens because like I said a few posts ago, decent halves and they're laughing.

NrlCoach

Juniors
:lol:

Im living in the past???

This from the assclown who has an avatar of JT when he was playing for the Bulldogs... :lol:

Lakers-Fan-Takes-Off-Sunglasses.gif

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Yes, it may have been better for the game had England won, but it is better they go out in a game like that than 40-0 in the final in front of a record crowd and tv audience. Come on Fiji!

thorson1987

Coach
Poms must have mental scars from not being good enough in recent times.

A few blown chances cost them against Aus. Same tonight. Hall's drop. Westwood dropping it over the line & Sinfield's fairly easy missed conversion.

Withs Halls are you talking the intercept.

IMO can't really blame him too much, looked to me like he was going for the tackle until the ball bounced off of his arm.

Was the difference.
Also some poor decisions 2mins left. Always kick to touch mid field bomb :lol::lol:

That was the big one for me. Never mind Burgess high tackle.

Boot the ball out and wind down the clock.

The Clan

Juniors
Soft penlties with some being undeserved, 5 on the bounce at the start of the 2nd half, got NZ ino the lead. Sinfield missed goal, Sinfield not putting the ball out after England's last set, G Burgess lazy/tired/stupid high shot on the 4th, Sinfields poor poor poor defensive decision to rush up on Johnson who must have thought Christmas had come early.

England actually deserved the win but NZ dodged a loss, good luck to NZ in the final!

adamkungl

Immortal
Withs Halls are you talking the intercept.

IMO can't really blame him too much, looked to me like he was going for the tackle until the ball bounced off of his arm.

That was the big one for me. Never mind Burgess high tackle.

Boot the ball out and wind down the clock.

The poor kick, the high tackle, the shoot up tackle attempt... it was just a perfect storm of English choke. Unf**kingbelievable. It's like they will themselves into losing.

shiznit

Coach
Almost 4:30am here... Need to hit the sack...

Well done to both teams...

And to the Pom fans... Hard luck... You should be proud of your boys... Pushed us all the way....

Obviously stoked to pull it out of the fire but I thought overall we were really bad. Some of the decision making was as stupid as you will see. Good news is we'll beat Australia in another final, I'd feel a little bit sorry for England if it wasn't for that roughyedspud merkin :lol:

Def not Kiwi best game, forwards out played, a lot of mirical plays looked for, kicking game average.
But it felt like England had a leg up with 12 of their points. Cummings had a shocker.
Now most likely the poor pommy ref next week will be pissed since Kiwis knocked out England!:sarcasm:

Last edited: