What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

137: NFT - best and worst thing about your day so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
best: drove for about 2-2.5 hours today and my mum didnt freak lol although she was sitting there holding the side of the car lol and my mum said she will take me next weekend to look at cars.... which means im prob getting it for my bday (not after i finish school like she said) yay!! im excited!

worst: not much at all really except i got woken up during a deep sleep this morning only to find out that i coulda slept for another hour damm

Misanthrope

Staff member
BEST: Had a seven hour shift today at time and a half rates

WORST: It was seven hours I could have spent studying

northey

First Grade
BEST : went to uni today and didn't have to do anything too hard

WORST: spent $400 on text books so far

~bedsy~

First Grade
BEST: I'm at home again with my kitten Xena (I missed her). I also got an email from ColesMyer basically saying I have a job with their company.... A WOHOOO!.

WORST: I don't have a worst other than my brother annoying me all the bloody time.

les norton

First Grade
Best - meeting with supervisor went great, feel like my life is coming together

worst - my work load is insane

Risa

Bench
Best: Got through the day with no dramas, I'd say that's a good thing lol.

Worst: Am really tired. The thunderstorm last night kept me up, so loud and the power went off once and flicked twice. I was on the pc when it did it the first time, lucky nothing happened lol.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Best ~~ Only a few hours left till pay day.

Worst ~~ diary-x.com crashed and it turns out there were no back ups ... so my journal from the last 6 years, in which I wrote hundreds upon hundreds of in-depth entries, is lost and can never be recovered. :cry:

Misanthrope

Staff member
diary-x.com crashed and it turns out there were no back ups ... so my journal from the last 6 years, in which I wrote hundreds upon hundreds of in-depth entries, is lost and can never be recovered.

That sucks copious amounts of ass. I was livid when Open Diary.com crashed a few years back and I lost a big chunk of my entries (although not as much as you). Thankfully I'd saved the most important part (well, the only part that was anything more than a blow by blow of Uni life) a few months earlier.

Still, I know how you feel.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
CWBush said:
That sucks copious amounts of ass. I was livid when Open Diary.com crashed a few years back and I lost a big chunk of my entries (although not as much as you). Thankfully I'd saved the most important part (well, the only part that was anything more than a blow by blow of Uni life) a few months earlier.

Still, I know how you feel.
Thanks. That makes me feel a bit less freakish. :lol: When I found out, I went into my bedroom and cried! I didn't think anyone would understand, but thankfully I haven't been judged badly yet. It just feels so devastating to have such a huge part of my life gone, especially when I put so much time into it. As my boyfriend said, I still have the memories ... but that's not the same.

I saved the first 53 entries ... but that's nothing because there were so many over the time span ... and typically they're all the crap high school ones I couldn't care less about. I stopped saving them because the site was apparently backed up every night. :roll: But I guess there are literally hundreds of thousands of people who are as p-ssed off as me at the moment about the same thing.

astrogirl

First Grade
Oh no J-A-D, that's terrible...

I write a journal too, but up until a couple of months ago I did it the oldfashioned way - with a notebook and pen.

These days I type it, but I'd hate to lose these files...

*hugs J-A-D*

astrogirl

First Grade
Technically the day is only an hour old... (it's 12:51 am)

Best: Chilling out at home

Worst: Still wide awake and will have trouble getting early for work tomorrow. And having to re-download msn because it stopped working for some reason!!!

Misanthrope

Staff member
It just feels so devastating to have such a huge part of my life gone, especially when I put so much time into it. As my boyfriend said, I still have the memories ... but that's not the same.

Yeah, it's definitely not. I've got about eight journals (hand-written) stretching back to 1992 (when I was just nine) and two online journals covering 2002 onwards. I'd be distraught if I lost all of that.

strewth_mate

Bench
I'm hugely sentimental about these kind of things myself and wouldn't be a happy chappy for a while if I lost a few little things that mean something to me. Sorry J-A-D.

Best - Finished a quarter of my stupid job.

Worst - Got results back, turns out I actually have/had Ross River and Barmah Forest (?) virus

Best 2 - It's great news! Now I can tell people my whinging was justified, plus it sounds slightly impressive :D

stevo

Juniors
Ames, that really sucks mate. Some of my momorries would have been in there too. Like our trip to Newie! and the nights i was too drunk too remember! Atleast that nice boyfriend of yours is around to cheer you up!

Sorry to hear about your loss Ames. LIke stevo, I feel that some of my memories have been lost in there too. Just take comfort in the fact that the best things in life are the things that you never forget. You don't carry them around on a hard drive or in a book, you carry them around in your heart.

BEST - a productive and reasonably enjoyable day today. Work (not a bad day), then straight to tutoring, a quick shower and change of clothes, and an nice dinner out with a few old mates. OH, and I got PAID (this is a big deal as a lot of teachers have been getting stuffed around with their pays lately... damn state government).

WORST - not much... these last few weeks before the footy season starts have been really draaaaaaaaging on!

Status
Not open for further replies.