What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

137: NFT - best and worst thing about your day so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
BEST: Picked up Infernal Affairs and season two of Nip/Tuck on DVD for a good price

WORST: Hate my job, hate my lack of options, and hate never really having any money. The above DVDs are a rare splurge.

axie

Juniors
CWBush said:
WORST: Hate my job, hate my lack of options, and hate never really having any money. The above DVDs are a rare splurge.

How long until you finish your Dip Ed?

Misanthrope

Staff member
How long until you finish your Dip Ed?

I actually deferred. I wasn't juggling working at Bi-Lo and studying at all well (barely did any Uni work) so I dropped out. Tell you what though, if I raise the cash to become independent and get Austudy - I'll quit my job and go back to doing it. It was a damn side more promising than having no direction at all :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
BEST: Knights won

WORST: Sitting here, trying to figure out how to do my tax return. I'm contemplating turning it into a rather smart casual jacket. (Any Black Books fan would get that :p)

axie

Juniors
CWBush said:
I actually deferred. I wasn't juggling working at Bi-Lo and studying at all well (barely did any Uni work) so I dropped out. Tell you what though, if I raise the cash to become independent and get Austudy - I'll quit my job and go back to doing it. It was a damn side more promising than having no direction at all :lol:

Yah mate, get that $18k up as quick as possible and get back to uni, going back was the best thing I've ever done ... I think ... :sarcasm:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yah mate, get that $18k up as quick as possible and get back to uni, going back was the best thing I've ever done ... I think ...

Ah sh*t, is it eighteen now? I thought it was 16 or so. I'm already up to 11,000 in about six months (would be more if I hadn't cut my hours back during my first tilt at Uni)

axie

Juniors
CWBush said:
Ah sh*t, is it eighteen now? I thought it was 16 or so. I'm already up to 11,000 in about six months (would be more if I hadn't cut my hours back during my first tilt at Uni)

Umm i'm not sure as it didn't really apply to me since I had been working full time for a few years, but from memory its 75% of the commonwealth training award rate which is like $24k at the moment.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The system frustrates me. I've been living away from home since I was eighteen. You'd think that would constitute independence :p

axie

Juniors
CWBush said:
The system frustrates me. I've been living away from home since I was eighteen. You'd think that would constitute independence :p

Yah, you'd think it would. My girlfriend is in the same position, been living 1000km away from home for over four years on a shoe-string budget but, due to her course she can't work enough hours to break that independence barrier.

THIS IS FOR YESTERDAY.

BEST - well, what's not to like? Last day of work for two weeks, shot through at lunch time to go to the footy, we smacked Manly up like the proverbial biatches that they are, I gave it to Kennedy and Orford something horrid (even resorting to calling Kennedy an Italian when he faked injury to slow the game down and whinged at the ref), the Fleggies undefeated season continued, and had an all round great day with the Crusade!

WORST - the Crusade was small in number last night, and I missed some of our regulars presence. Don't worry guys, we did you proud!

Risa

Bench
Best: Had a really lazy day, just watched a really weird dvd, and now just chilling out!

Worst: Have to rely on dad to be my taxi service until my car comes back, joy!

northey

First Grade
WORST: ended up working until 10pm last night, so much for getting home early and watching the footy, ah well i got to watch the last 30mins including commericals. and i got to see carney look silly in the shower.

BEST: went shopping today!!!

garden fairy

Juniors
Best: cleaned? Finally managed to unpack some stuff that I hadn't bothered and had almost forgotten about. I'm sort of happy I did, cause it makes me feel a little bit more at home now the photos and mementos are spread around my room.

Worst: Brought back a lot of memories, which makes me really homesick. I really really want to go home for awhile...

~bedsy~

First Grade
BEST: We won last night. Oh and my chest X-rays said my heart and the surrondings were normal (as they can be lol) and nothing has changed since 2004 :D

WORST: My brother is a jerk and got up me yesterday for putting the fan heater's electrical cord on the floor. Apparently it has to sit in the basket, god forbid it touches tiles. So then I lost it, and got up him for not helping me around the house, not rinising his dishes and using 50 glasses in a day, and not helping me hang out his washing.
I was so upset, then he just looked at me and sad, so your not going to put the cord on the floor? Arsehole.
I couldn't believe he just stood there in his own little world and didn't care about me, he also said I don't respect his things.... it's a power cord.

Best: It's the holidays, the Knights won yesterday and i had fun at my friends get together
Worst: Im really really tired, i crashed out at 5pm and just woke up, I have to get up for soccer at 9 tomorrow, but looks like it'll be hard for me to sleep tonight.

Misanthrope

Staff member
BEST: Had a fantastic night at work, got hit on by the cute sister of a workmate, and found out that the essay I'd stressed about prior to quitting my teaching degree earned me a high D (Distinction).

WORST: Have $35 to last me until Tuesday, and even then I only get around $60 to live on for the week.

les norton

First Grade
best - had such a bludgy weekend. My parents are in brisbane looking to buy a house.

Worst - had a bludgy weekend b/c i have been sick. Tristan was at wes' for the weekend but because he got a sniffle i had to pick him up last night. Women truely are the stronger sex. Tristan spent the night looking after me...:D Although i nearly disowned him when he made me watch some dribble called high school musical.

Status
Not open for further replies.