What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

137: NFT - best and worst thing about your day so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

garden fairy

Juniors
My advice to you Bushy: hunt them down and kill them. Let me know if you need any help ;-)

Best: I'm back home for the next two weeks, and so far have had a great time - I spent the night talking with my brothers, had a girly day with my mum, we went to the movies, she paid! :D Picked up some books at a used bookstore - I've been desparate to read something other than a textbook this semester, so now I have two weeks to read two! Also got to see my nan, who I haven't seen in awhile, and have missed desparately. My brother also said he'd service my car for free if I get off work early tomorrow...

Worst: not getting as much work as I'd hoped for, but some is better than none...

northey

First Grade
BEST: working on home and away today and then spending the night in syd with a friend

WORST: head is still a bit sore from yesterday

Parki

Bench
worst: f**king centerlink are a pack of useless, mindless buffoons.... I went in there today to tell them that im working, and what could i do to get off the system, their answer was nothing short of mind boggling....

one guy said "you dont, you just fill in the form to say when youve worked" which is total rubbish, i dont WANT to take their f**king money anymore. I dont WANT their help in finding a job (which as I explained to tim last night has been absolute bullsh*t anyway). I found a job myself, without their f**king incompetence, and i dont want to have to deal with them again.

To add to that, i asked him if i would still have to do work for the dole sh*t in october if im still on the system, he said "i dunno, i cant tell you that" Hello? what can you tell me you ignorant fool? *sigh*

Parki

Bench
i did that last time

it got me into a sh*tload of trouble and a one way trip back onto the system

i cant wait till im off it so the f**kers dont have anything over me again

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, Parki, you need to keep handing on fortnightly forms until you've gone twelve weeks without receiving a payment from them. Once that happens, they'll take you out of the system. It's in place in case the work doesn't last and you need to get back on Newstart. This way you don't need to reapply, you can just pick up where you left off.

You won't need to do Work for the Dole and, if you do more than a certain amount of hours a fortnight, you don't have to do jobsearch either. It's annoying, but when you think about it, it's there in case the job doesn't pan out. If you're still employed after three months, chances are you're going to stay that way.

les norton

First Grade
I hear ya Parki...they kill me too. I mean dont get me wrong...i am grateful but....hmmmm

Best - not alot.

Worst - I am buggered. I got 4 hours sleep. Worked 11 hours...will be up working til god knows what time to prepare for a meeting i have with my supervisor. Got into a fight with a parent. I have lost my voice...lil sh*ts at work dont listen to the marge simpson sounding creature!! arghhhhhhh

Misanthrope

Staff member
BEST: Spent my shift at work chatting with two of the more visually pleasing (and sweet, to be fair) girls on the staff. Made the time fly.

WORST: Really starting to get fed up with my living arrangements. Love the guys I live with, but if this place was any more laid back it would force me into a coma.

garden fairy

Juniors
les norton said:
I have lost my voice...lil sh*ts at work dont listen to the marge simpson sounding creature!! arghhhhhhh

I SO know what you're talking about, Les. I have a whole speech: "Alright, everybody, look at me! I like attention! Everybody do this (repeat until they all follow your lead, then end with them all with their fingers on their lips while you talk) If you are nice to me, then I am nice to you. If you don't listen, you get to hear my angry voice!" (Raise voice at appropriate moment) I get to use my angry voice a lot, unfortunately.

Best: Got to catch up with some friends at work, we had a good time eating lollies and messing around while we did a 'Cook up a Storm' day with the kids. The storm destroyed the kitchen, and I didn't have to clean it up!!!

Worst: Issues with the new coordinator who took over from me. Everybody thinks he's a tool on a power trip, and he enjoys undermining me in front of the kids. Apprantely the General Manger heard us talking about him and warned one of the girls that the three of us need to 'show more support' - which is crap. Turns out she hired him because he is her daughter's boyfriend. God damn nepitism.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
best: had a great couple of days, went to my friends farm yesterday, had friends over for origin, Ben came over and i got an email off my friend from france and got two parties this weekend. i just love school holidays :D

worst: tired and i gotta do soem school work! and my money supply is beign stretched to its limits!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Here's my mate's freaky 'Best' for the day. Seriously, I envy his luck.

Dave is quitting his job as a looking for work trainer at Salvation Army tomorrow. He is approached by one of those annoying people who work in Malls and try to sign people up to credit cards or mobile phone plans. He says no, I'm quitting my job tomorrow. She asks what he does, and when he tells her, she asks if he'd be interested in doing it for the company she works for. Apparently they're looking to hire trainers and they're paying $60,000 a year to those they hire.

So, he has a job interview a day before he quits a job he hates. He asks if he can buy her a drink to thank her and she says yes! So now he has an interview for a good job and a date with a cute girl!

I can't even begin to fathom what kind of good deeds he must have done to deserve such astounding karmic bliss! Me, I try to be nice all of the time, and I still work a sh*t job and languish in my third straight year of singularity.

So, Dave, that's a freaky good day! :lol:

Risa

Bench
Best: Dad went to check on the progress of my car and they anticipate it to be ready Wednesday lunchtime. Yay for that, am going crazy on public transport! Can go for Green P's on 25 July..not long to go..

Worst: Nothing!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Risa said:
Best: Dad went to check on the progress of my car and they anticipate it to be ready Wednesday lunchtime. Yay for that, am going crazy on public transport! Can go for Green P's on 25 July..not long to go..

Worst: Nothing!

god i know what u mean! i dont know how i managed catchign public transport all the time before i got my p's! now i absolutley refuse to take it lol but petrols killing me!

northey

First Grade
BEST : had a great couple of days, home and away was really funny, although didn't finish there until around 7pm last night.

WORST: so so so tired and i have to work tonight

Stuzmeister

Juniors
BEST: Soccer tonight and finally booked myself in for a few final driving lessons. (23 isn't too old to get your Ps is it?)

WORST: It's bloody cold here in Canberra.

Stuzmeister said:
BEST: Soccer tonight and finally booked myself in for a few final driving lessons. (23 isn't too old to get your Ps is it?)

WORST: It's bloody cold here in Canberra.

Of course not. It's precisely how old I was when I got mine!

BEST - fired up deluxe for tomorrow. I warn everyone who is sitting with the Crusade... Matty is in one of those moods for tomorrow. With Tahu not playing, I'm thinking of making Johnny Morris target No. 1.

WORST - nothing much... pretty cruisy day. Still haven't got any work done for next term, but that ain't worrying me too much.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Best ~~ Had lunch at the Gold Coast with a couple of friends - something we haven't done in about 3 years - it felt like old times!

Worst ~~ Only 3 more days of holidays left, and I don't yet have any drinking plans for the weekend.

Best: I'm going to see my friend tonight who just got back from Melbourne and the footy tomorrow
Worst: I didn't get to go to watch Priates of the Carribean today cause I'm still sick :(

Misanthrope

Staff member
(23 isn't too old to get your Ps is it?)

I don't even have my L's yet. Don't much want them, but that's beside the point.

BEST: Tax time and I'm getting a decent return this year. Huzzah!

WORST: I have four days off and absolutely nothing to do with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts