What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R1 // Sun // Dragons 44-24 Tigers // ANZ

Round 1: Dragons v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jargan83

Coach
Tigers started the betting when it opened at $2.95, now come into $1.95 after saints terrible trial/9s form. I was surprised we opened so far apart, always thought it would be an even money game.

I had a look this morning and both sides are paying $1.90 for a win

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think Dragons will win this fairly comprehensively. The tigers look a rabble.

I've seen a few people day this, mainly dragons fans, and I really wonder why people think this? We are the most settled I've ever seen in probably 5 years coming into a season. There's no benji bullshit, our 1/6/7/9 is already settled (only the 6 is up for debate) and everyone at the club seems happy. We've cut all the deadweight (minus moltzen) from the sheens era and all the young stars are on long term deals. Sure you can't base how the season will go off trials but the attitude from the players inthe trial games was top notch.

What is the 'rabble' based on?

Maye you don't rate our roster, and if so that's cool, but to me that doesn't make a team a 'rabble.'

Tommy Smith

Referee
I agree.

I actually think the Tigers will make massive progress this year IF they have a good run with injuries, as there isn't a lot of depth.

A 1, 7, 9 combo of Tedesco, Brooks and Farah is vert promising.

In the backs I reckon Nofo and Simona are two of the brightest young talents in the game. Richards and Lawrence need to step up though.

The big question mark is in the forwards. Woods and Galloway will lay a good platform, but guys like Tapau, BMM and Blair need to step up.

All in all far from the best team but by no means the worst, either.

They'll finish above the Dragons that's for sure.

Tigers to win 28-16.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I agree.

I actually think the Tigers will make massive progress this year IF they have a good run with injuries, as there isn't a lot of depth.

In the backs I reckon Nofo and Simona are two of the brightest young talents in the game. Richards and Lawrence need to step up though.

The big question mark is in the forwards. Woods and Galloway will lay a good platform, but guys like Tapau, BMM and Blair need to step up.

Tigers to win 28-16.

lol.

I agree.

Tigers to win 28-16.

I think this will determine our season. Woods has been excellent for a while now and when Galloway is on the field he also does very well, but our go forward outside of that is the question mark. Seumanafagai, Buchanan and Sue played a lot more first grade last year than Potter probably anticipated them playing, and had varying levels of success. I think we need Taupau and Paterson to make an impact as well as BMM and Blair to really step it up.

Our outside backs are definitely potent, Brooks has the talent, he just needs the platform.

typicalfan

Coach
Young players in the spine usually = inconsistency unless they have a real good team around them.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Coming from a club with a worst 1/2's combo than we do.

That title belongs to the Panthers until Soward and Wallace prove otherwise. If Griffin is dumb enough to put Hoffman in the 6 then I will agree with you.

EDIT: Hoffman has been named at 6. You win.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To be fair, Witt was quite good in the Shield. Williams lacked direction.

Latest posts