What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 - Round 6 v Cowboys (Team Lists)

azsportza

Live Update Team
LU_Round_Banner-Forums-NRLwstnql_zps2b410cb1.jpg

Lu-Banner-Team-WestsTigers_zpsffc82ccc.png

1. Kurtis Rowe
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Tim Simona
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Pat Richards
6. Blake Austin
7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Liam Fulton
12. Bodene Thompson
13. Adam Blair

Interchange:
14. Martin Taupau
15. Ava Seumanufagai
16. James Gavet
17. Sitaleki Akauola
18. Keith Lulia

James Tedesco has been ruled out with an ankle ligament injury, he is expected to be missing for up to six weeks. Kurtis Rowe will make his NRL debut in Tedesco's place at fullback. Braith Anasta will miss two games due to suspension for a shoulder charge on David Williams, which sees Blake Austin called up from NSW Cup.

Keith Lulia has been named on an extended bench

Full list of injured players here

Lu-Banner-Team-Cowboys_zps64608db4.png

1. Michael Morgan
2. Matthew Wright
3. Brent Tate
4. Kane Linnett
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Johnathan Thurston (c)
7. Robert Lui
8. Matt Scott (c)
9. Rory Kostjasyn
10. James Tamou
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Jason Taumalolo
13. Tariq Sims

Interchange:
14. Ray Thompson
15. Joel Riethmuller
16. Ashton Sims
17. Scott Bolton

HOLDEN CUP TEAMS

Wests Tigers (5th)
1. Mason Farrell 2. Tom Satterthwaite 3. Marion Seve 4. Nathan Milone 5. John Ogden 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Dallas Graham 9. Manaia Cherrington 10. Keni Gavet 11. Salesi Funaki 12. Lamar Liolevave 13. Matthew Woods

Interchange: 14. Fosio Tatola 15. Jake Dooner 16. Tyler Cassell 17. Eli Levido 18. Sione Alofi

North Queensland Cowboys (11th)
1. Alex Grant 2. Hayden Crowley 3. Lenny Magey 4. Samsen O'Neill 5. Scott Schulte 6. Aaron Solari 7. Delayne Ashby 8. Jack Brock 9. Josh Chudleigh 10. David Munro 11. Jack Kelleher 12. Bill Cullen 13. Andrew Niemoeller

Interchange: 14. Dan Clarke 15. Corey Jensen 16. Michael Barclay 17. Coen Hess

VB NSW CUP TEAMS
Saturday, 12th April –*3PM at Sportingbet Stadium (Penrith)

Wests Tigers (3rd)
To be named

Penrith Panthers (6th)
To be named

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
after our last bashing of a top side, we failed to shop up the following week and got trounced by an ordinary team.

Pedro Collins

Juniors
Scott and Tamou V Woods and Galloway. If our starters can contain them, hopefully our bench can continue momentum.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Simona is fullback and Rowe is at centre, I could live with that a bit more.

BrotherJim05

Bench
after our last bashing of a top side, we failed to shop up the following week and got trounced by an ordinary team.

I think that injury really got us in that game. Farah iprobably needed to sit the game out (but he's just that tough he will play anyway) and Patterson and Tedesco injuries left our left side defense open to an almighty onslaught.

Provide we don't get ravaged by injuries again, I reckon we could destroy the cowboys

The positive of this decision re Rowe is - At least unlike Sheens, Potter is replacing like for like and not shuffling 6 or 7 positions for the sake of 1 injury. Simona is a gun in the centres and should stay there.

Remember the days of Farah to half, Fulton to hooker, Lawrence to 5/8 etc. I prefer this like for like method.

azsportza

Live Update Team
James Tedesco has been ruled out with an ankle ligament injury, he is expected to be missing for up to six weeks. Kurtis Rowe will make his NRL debut in Tedesco's place at fullback. Braith Anasta will miss two games due to suspension for a shoulder charge on David Williams, which sees Blake Austin called up from NSW Cup.

Keith Lulia has been named on an extended bench

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
the positive of this decision re rowe is - at least unlike sheens, potter is replacing like for like and not shuffling 6 or 7 positions for the sake of 1 injury. Simona is a gun in the centres and should stay there.

Remember the days of farah to half, fulton to hooker, lawrence to 5/8 etc. I prefer this like for like method.

this ^ is spot on

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given Lulia is 18th man, i wouldn't be surprised if Simona is fullback & rowe is replaced by Lulia in the centres

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Given Lulia is 18th man, i wouldn't be surprised if Simona is fullback & rowe is replaced by Lulia in the centres

I was thinking the same thing Madunit. I really don't know much about Rowe as I have only seen him play a few times plus what I saw in the 9's. I am thinking if Potter (a fullback by trade) has confidence in him I suppose I have to as well.

gronkathon

First Grade
I just think Lulia is 18th because he is relatively expendable.

Older legs will be helped by not playing in a few games as well I think

BrotherJim05

Bench
Rowe making his debut...I'm liking the blooding of talent, will be good to see how he goes.

Hopefully Teddy isn't too long out, he is dynamite

At least unlike Sheens, Potter is replacing like for like and not shuffling 6 or 7 positions for the sake of 1 injury
very good point and I guess we have forgotton what Sheens use to do. So lets give the kid a go and I guess we can praise him or bag him after the game.

Glad to see BMM in at starting prop for NSW Cup.
yes gronk it is good. Interesting that Buchanan who would be the forgotten man, can't get a start yet.

NSW Cup team is:
1. JY HITCHCOX
2. MARIKA KOROIBETE
3. SETEFANO TAUKAFA
4. ASIPELI FINE
5. TAQELE NAIYARAVORO
6. JACK MADDEN
7. NATHAN WATERS
8. NATHAN BROWN
9. JOEL LUANI
10. BEN MURDOCH-MASILA
11. COREY PATERSON
12. JARROD FARLOW (C)
13. KYLE LOVETT
14. MICHAEL BULLOCK
15. JACK BUCHANAN
16. INNO INOSESIO
17. ANDY FIAGUTUSA
18. SAM HOLLIS
19. CORY BROWN

Sorry about the posting twice - don't know what happened.

No one has commented on the time that this team was posted here.

1:22 on a Tuesday, what is happening at the Tigers?

Latest posts