What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15,000 sold for Wembley

langpark

First Grade
Got my tickets, will be flying over from Milan, can't wait!
how much? The 10 quid deal is over right?

I'm based in Athens myself so i'm tossing up whether to go or not. I plan to definitely go to WC2013, but for the 4 nations i'm not sure...

Coleworld

Juniors
Now that its getting closer to the double header @Webley what is the status of tickets sold for this match? anyone have any information regarding this.Also people in England what has the promotion been like for this double Header alone?I hope its a sell-out, possibly wishful thinking but great that Rugby League is being played at Webley again.

langpark

First Grade
It is absolutely no chance of being a sellout... Don't let the 78,000 who attended the Challenge Cup final mislead you, it's an event that has over 110 years of history, so it carries a bit of prestige, whereas there have only been a few 4 Nations tournaments. Anything over 50,000 would be considered a success I think...

It is being discussed on rlfans at the moment, no figures mentioned but apparently people are having difficulties getting a seat in some particular sections...

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Would be good to see 40-50,000, my recent memories of tests in England are of 15-20,000 crowds.

nadera78

Juniors
The lower bowl holds 36,000 so selling that out would look good.

The next tier is the Club Wembley seats, which are usually half empty for Challenge Cup finals because the corporates who own them don't seem that interested in attending and the RFL cannot sell them. I don't think this game is included in their ownership package so perhaps the RFL will be able to sell them, but I'm not certain.

Then finally comes the third tier which holds about 40,000. Tickets are not on sale for this tier yet, and I don't think they will be.

Hindyscrack

Bench
The lower bowl holds 36,000 so selling that out would look good.

The next tier is the Club Wembley seats, which are usually half empty for Challenge Cup finals because the corporates who own them don't seem that interested in attending and the RFL cannot sell them. I don't think this game is included in their ownership package so perhaps the RFL will be able to sell them, but I'm not certain.

Then finally comes the third tier which holds about 40,000. Tickets are not on sale for this tier yet, and I don't think they will be.

Sections of the third tier should be opened now in order to give more options to fans. Currently people are complaining that they cannot buy tickets in the price brackets they want. For an event that is no where near sold out, that is ridiculous.

You only need to open up blocks at a time in order to reduce operation costs. Its not that hard, and for the sake of a pennies to open up the game to more people it needs to be actioned asap!

gutterfax

First Grade
Sections of the third tier should be opened now in order to give more options to fans. Currently people are complaining that they cannot buy tickets in the price brackets they want. For an event that is no where near sold out, that is ridiculous.

You only need to open up blocks at a time in order to reduce operation costs. Its not that hard, and for the sake of a pennies to open up the game to more people it needs to be actioned asap!

Sorry, but I have to disagree. There were tickets available for ten pounds.....if you didn't snap them up during the time they were available you deserve to pay more.

RL fans would find something to complain about if they won the lottery....I believe the 10 pound deal was on for 8 weeks+ WTF........seriously.....you expect the RFL to pay to open access to the top tier (it can't be opened section by section) because people couldn't be arsed to fork out a tenner.

Moffo

Referee
i was out at wembley last year....no disrespect but bejaysus the area surrounding the ground is a right shit hole!

Hindyscrack

Bench
Sorry, but I have to disagree. There were tickets available for ten pounds.....if you didn't snap them up during the time they were available you deserve to pay more.

RL fans would find something to complain about if they won the lottery....I believe the 10 pound deal was on for 8 weeks+ WTF........seriously.....you expect the RFL to pay to open access to the top tier (it can't be opened section by section) because people couldn't be arsed to fork out a tenner.

I got my tickets, and I am sure that many hardcore league fans did. I am talking about the casual fan here, and how this may affect their experience.

As for not being able open the top tier in sections, that is ridiculous. I've worked with different venues throughout my career, and a stadium such as Wembley should be able to operate a reduced capacity in the upper tier with regards to access and de-marking closed areas. Either way wembley or the rfl are spinning bollocks.

This match is supposed to show case the international game in London and attract a casual fan. As usual the RFL will let the boat sale.

Ari Gold

Bench
how much? The 10 quid deal is over right?

I'm based in Athens myself so i'm tossing up whether to go or not. I plan to definitely go to WC2013, but for the 4 nations i'm not sure...

10 quid tickets are still available to all concessions, and so I managed to grab one of these under the students concession (I'm assuming Overseas Students qualify?).

Hopefully some of my mates will join me for the game, if there is a PAX on the ticket I will let everyone know.

ali

Bench
I'm told over 25000 tickets have been sold. The RFL are hoping for 50000-60000. I know you can't get the £25 tickets anymore. So that means behind the sticks and in the corners is completely sold out.

We've got a group of 239 going. Can't wait!

nadera78

Juniors
I'm told over 25000 tickets have been sold. The RFL are hoping for 50000-60000. I know you can't get the £25 tickets anymore. So that means behind the sticks and in the corners is completely sold out.

We've got a group of 239 going. Can't wait!

You including my dozen in that lot? Thief!

btw a couple of the lads are interested in paying tag. They've already looked at your website but I'll point them in your direction at the game.